Rumour Demons involved in drug scandal

ABC: Text messages reveal Dank's Demons involvement
The sport scientist at the centre of the Essendon AFL doping scandal has revealed he also had extensive dealings with the Melbourne Demons.

The ABC's 7.30 program has obtained a series of text messages between Stephen Dank and the Demons' club doctor, Dan Bates.

They show Dank was heavily involved in a supplement program for some Demons players, which included the use of injections.

The club had previously denied its players had direct contact with Dank.

Essendon is being investigated by the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA) and AFL integrity officers over revelations involving Dank's use of supplements at the Bombers.

Dank has also been linked to several NRL clubs which are also under investigation.

Watch 7.30's full report tonight on ABC1.
Sure looked like they enhanced performance.

Yeah, I'd watch the 7.30 report...

2496048ae82b95313398f929cd3b8d59_zps637869d5.jpg

Crafted

Club Legend
Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings, Arsenal
So we haven't used any banned substances. Whats the problem?
The media will use this story for the next month. They're all idiots and everyone believes them which makes it worse.

Also, if you go to school (not sure if it happens in a workplace), CONSTANT bagging about my football team... like I'm supposed to do something about it? I know it's all in good fun but it's still annoying

Big_Ed

Team Captain
May 16, 2009
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Toon Squad
Clearly our Football Department is not content to only be part of one major scandal per year.

Any press is good press? lol FML

Aug 18, 2008
Ainslie 2010 AFC !!
AFL Club
Richmond
I don't know if the Pharmaceutical world can recover from being associated with your disastrous season.
Good luck v the Giants, any idea who your new club doctor will be?
7:30 Did seem to make the point that no substances actually illegal?

Seriously tho, jeez haven't you Ds suffered enough?
Stick to match day and leave the rest of the coverage to whoever, that's all I can say,
don't even read this!

The players involved (or at least, some of them) have been named. I won't copy it here, but yeah... there's names doing the rounds.

GL Melbourne mods in dealing with the crap thats gonna come your way :(

nickh32

Club Legend
Aug 9, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
I really feel for you guys. Only question is who was the person who denied Dank having any involvement at the Dees? He is looking like a right fool atm .

Crafted

Club Legend
Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings, Arsenal
I really feel for you guys. Only question is who was the person who denied Dank having any involvement at the Dees? He is looking like a right fool atm .
Hopefully neeld.

Dees posters - just ignore the trolls. Report them and they'll disappear. The more we reply the they will come. Don't get sucked in.

Nov 21, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chelsea, Detroit Pistons
It was said many times that none of the substances named are specifically banned.

I wouldn't worry too much right now, but you guys will cop it from the media and here on BF (like there hasn't been enough of that recently)

It was said many times that none of the substances named are specifically banned.

I wouldn't worry too much right now, but you guys will cop it from the media and here on BF (like there hasn't been enough of that recently)

And the world goes round...

Used to it now. I think most Melbourne supporters know which posters are worth responding to and which ones aren't. It's a shame there are so many people around these parts who spend more time potting other clubs than talking about their own. (obviously I'm not talking about you there.)

Back