Demons Skipper Stands Down

Remove this Banner Ad

Demons Legend Steps Down

Mount Buller Demons legend EddieBettsIsAChamp has shocked the SFA world by standing down from the captaincy this afternoon. The Demons now ex-captain blames a reduction in time, coupled with a reduced enjoyment of the game for his decision. EBIAC was the Demons co-captain and his standing down will see TigerGlory as the sole leader of the club. TG is yet to speak out about the future of the Demons, in particular the leadership, however Okeydoke7 was on hand after hearing of the news. "Obviously I am a bit shocked. I am dissapointed to see EBIAC step down, he really was a great captain. I think he held the respect of most of the league and that was important. But I have thanked him for his time as captain and am really happy that he will still be playing on as a Dee."

On the leadership issues at the Demons, Okey said "Leadership is strong at the Dees, our entire leadership group is strong and this will hold us in good stead going forward. Captaincy is now in the hands of TG and we have faith." But the extent of that faith, is not yet known. Okey has cast doubt upon his own future in recent times. "I haven't been approached by any club and agreed to terms with the Demons." However, the terms he has agreed to have been put on hold. Okey has announced to his teammates that he is yet to 100% commit to anything until further details of the future are known. "I am hoping to inject some youth while adding some quality and a harder edge. The Demons are a great place to be, I just want to be certain of the future."

Full-back turned ruckman Cooney was unsure of whether or not the club was in "crisis" with EBIAC quick to assure him that there was no crisis, no matter what anyone said. The mass exodus from the Demons has appeared to begin however, with MagpieGirl, TFLUA-Tiger and Roughie linked with moves elsewhere, Okey's future uncertain and Tim_Saints' rejection of the club. Despite this, the Demons core group is still strong, and are in the process of commiting to the club.​

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was at leadership camp which is why I havent been around the press.

EBIAC for the League Best and Fairest in 2010, without the stress of captaincy to halt him. :thumbsu:

I heard a rumour that Okeys constant ranting and slagging off teams helped Eddies decision on not continuing to lead a club whose had their reputation dragged through the dirt by one of their players
And here Okey is bagging me if that's the case I wouldn't feel great playing at the club knowing you made your own skipper stand down.

I heard a rumour that Okeys constant ranting and slagging off teams helped Eddies decision on not continuing to lead a club whose had their reputation dragged through the dirt by one of their players

And here Okey is bagging me if that's the case I wouldn't feel great playing at the club knowing you made your own skipper stand down.
I have noted that I may have become part of the problem and not the solution. That is why I am considering a move.

I haven't approached or been approached by any team yet. There is a lot of water to flow under the bridge before any decision is made.
Well with the dees finishing bottom and the club basically in alot of s**t at the moment it would make sense for you to move.

Demons must be in real danger of folding. As much as they're the laughing stock of the league atm it would be a sad legacy to see go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back