Teams Denver Broncos - The Mile High Club

Remove this Banner Ad

This pic isn't from yesterdays game, but when I saw it I couldn't help myself lol
4f1br.jpg

We dodged a bullet there lads. I would have had no trouble with keeping him if it were for a reasonable price. And the $16M (?) or whatever we were offering him was too much IMO so Houston saved us I believe.

I more so liked him for his leadership and charisma when he was with us and thought he could develop his skills over a few more years but we're yet to see that so far. He is a great teammate as was pretty obvious with how much the team loved him but that will only take you so far as evident with Tebow.

This pic isn't from yesterdays game, but when I saw it I couldn't help myself lol
4f1br.jpg
If the game call was right and Texas management signed him to his $70+ million contract without interviewing him, then I have a bridge the Texas franchise might want to buy!

I wouldn't mind Spiller. But as a change of pace.. Booker will start for sure.

Booker really impressed me. I thought earlier on the season he wasn't exploding into tackles and was going down without too much of a fight, but now.. Boy. I'd hate to be tackling him. A bit of Marshawn Lynch on a few of those runs. Got to the second level at a good rate as well. Quick out of the LOS.

Maybe we could give Tatum Bell a call and see what he's up to these days :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, after all the fun and games of beating the Chargers one thing is for sure (and has been for weeks now):

We need to stop the run.

Is there someone we could possibly trade for? Any free agents or waived targets?

If this were Billy Bs team he would have traded for a DT or 2 by now. We need some beef.

Outside of the oppositions first drive in each game, and points directly from turnovers, our D is only giving up 11.3 points per game. I don't know what our problem is on opening drives because it was the opposite last year, teams never scored on us in the opening quarter, but at least we've been making good in game adjustments.

The 2 games which we haven't let the opposition score on the opening drive, and haven't let them score directly from turnovers, we have kept them to under 10 points (admittedly against the Buccaneers (7 points) and Texans (9 points).

We don't have a problem stopping the run, but we have a problem stopping the run and the pass at the same time. We can stop the run but that means bringing extra men in the box, and whilst we are still good enough to compensate, it has been opening up opposing TE's and RB's in the passing game. But against teams that don't have an elite passing game, we will suffocate them.

The reason we struggled against the Falcons is because they have receiving talent which we need to protect for. We can't put 8 or 9 men in the box and expect to stop the pass. But if we don't put 8 in the box we can't stop the run.

Teams we will struggle against are teams like the Steelers, Falcons, teams with both elite receivers but also good backs/TE's (and of course decent QB's).

I think we should matchup well with the Chiefs, we didn't absolutely shut them down last year but we contained them well enough to win both games (if not for Manning playing the worst game of his life in the 2nd game). I also think we can matchup well with the Patriots for the sole reason that Brady doesn't throw the ball deep, nor will he get the time to do so with our pass rush. The biggest thing is that they're O-line isn't great.

Great O-lines are the x-factor against us tho, which does make me slightly worried for the Raiders and Chiefs. Outside of that we can handle them.

All in all tho, 6-2 is a great start and where I expected we'd be. Thought we'd lose @ Cincinnati and @ San Diego but Atlanta replaced Cinci as one of this seasons better teams.

Still think we're on track to finish 11-5 with losses @ Oakland, vs. Kansas City and vs. New England.

If we can nab a win this week then we're laughing big ******* time. So *ing pumped for this game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back