Teams Denver Broncos - The Mile High Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, and I get the feeling anything could happen in the playoffs with this team. We've been losing games that we always snatched last year. Benny's drop yesterday, the KC loss that we could have won if only one of about five things had gone our way... it's a fine line.
KC loss is just a debacle. 8 point lead with 4 mins to go and defending 70 yds. 97/100 we win that.

34 of the last 40 games we've had a one score lead in the 4th quarter we've won so it shows how rare it is. But with this defense in the last two years it's been even more rare

I would always pass if it's 2nd and 1. Always. Deep. Especially with how good we are at connecting on deep balls. But 3rd and 1 is a run 75% of the time.

You're right about the scripted drives. Last year they were money week in week out. If we got 10 points out of the first drive of each half combined we were smooth sailing to protect 10 with our D and hope to scrap 10 or so more points throughout the game. Super Bowl is a perfect example.

I honestly liked going for it on 4th and goal at the start of the 4th. It obviously would have put the game in OT if we had have kicked the FG but at that point it felt like we had been struggling to even get into the red zone all day and we had already converted the fake punt pass on that drive so it felt like we really had to go all the way.

Agree with that (maybe not every single time).

With Siemian playing this well, does it start to make the Paxton Lynch selection look like a poor one? Siemian is only in his second year mind, so he will only get better as well. From what I've seen from Paxton this season he is comfortably the backup.

So with all the problems with our offensive line perhaps we'd have been better served drafting an offensive lineman and getting Sanchise to be the backup?

Season over... not going to beat either of the Chiefs or Raiders in the next two. Disappointing end to the season.

Season over... not going to beat either of the Chiefs or Raiders in the next two. Disappointing end to the season.
Chiefs and Raiders both very average today. Never say never.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SAJ4g7F.jpg

Just watched

Should probably get rid of TJ Ward also. He is a *ing mental patient. Talib lucky that he is elite or I'd say he should go as well. Then again, worried it could destroy the identity of the secondary if Ward goes. Decisions decisions....

Derby makes a lot of mistakes for a former Patriot. His drop at the start of the 2nd half was huge. Good player, but too many mistakes

Not sure why DT is a captain. He is a pipsqueak. Played well, but just had to catch that ball. I know he got hit hard, but he shows no heart regardless. He's an athlete not a football player.

Sanders should stop whinging when the offense just put up 3 points

CJ and Manny only players on offense with any heart. CJ needs to be a captain next year FFS

Okung also a candidate for captain although you can't have too many, I think Trevor already is one.

Dixon is great. Siemian is great. Defense is sublime.

Siemian needs to step up as a leader tho. Who is eating peoples ears out in the huddle when they make a mistake?

Need more players like CJ, Ware, Eman, Von, CHJ, Okung, Ray, great leaders who toe the line. Need less players like DT, TJ, Aqib, either have no leadership or are *ing idiots who step over the line

Sure norwood shouldn't have made either of those fumbles. But if Trevor had more time in the pocket to get set he'd complete more passes

On E5823 using BigFooty.com mobile app
In recent weeks, the Pats defence has significantly transformed. Outside of the short field fumbles, they completely dominated Baltimore. I wouldn't feel so bad about what they did to the Broncos. They've become quite the unit and honestly, it's nothing short of surprising.

Denver will be fine. From time to time, down years happen and with the benefit of review, it's difficult to cover the many personnel losses a Super Bowl winning team incurs.

NFL Network's James Palmer reports Trevor Siemian is earning the Broncos' trust as a possible long-term starter.

First-round pick Paxton Lynch has made two starts this year and didn't look ready to lead an NFL offense in either one of them. Siemian has improved over the course of his first season as a starter, becoming the Broncos' offensive focal point due to a broken running game after beginning the year as a game manager. The Broncos have reportedly been impressed by Siemian's leadership skills and toughness behind a leaky offensive line. After 2016, the Broncos will have Siemian under contract at the league minimum for the next two years.

Source: NFL.com

Apparently there was a scuffle inside the Broncos lockerroom after the Patriots loss. Between members of the Broncos offense, and members of the Broncos defense.
Namely Okung and Taliban

Not too worried about it to be honest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back