Teams Denver Broncos - The Mile High Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Field should be re-named after Von

temp170817_practice_AD_27--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

GOAT confirmed
The Denver Post believes Paxton Lynch may have already lost the Broncos' quarterback derby to Trevor Siemian.

The fact of the matter is Siemian has at least shown some ability to move the offense, while Lynch has not. "I saw Paxton make some plays with his legs, which he should. He’s an athlete," coach Vance Joseph said. "And Trevor, he was solid. He was Trevor. He made good decisions, his ball-placement was on point tonight, he controlled the huddle. So I was pleased with Trevor." Siemian has a limited ceiling, but he gives the Broncos their best chance to win.

Source: Denver Post
Aug 20 - 5:47 PM

Did Siemian do well today? People on reddit are acting like it was announced he is Jesus in disguise which I find hard to believe
Someone put it well

If you swapped Siemian's and Paxton's draft positions everyone would be extremely happy

I watched the game yesterday. Paxton missed some wide open players that would've netted first downs and instead held the ball and scrambled. Although he moved the chains with his feet, that's not always going to be the case. Trevor sat comfortably in the pocket and threw some good passes even when he knew he was about to get crunched by DLs. He look composed and sure of himself with the second team of WRs and RBs.
O-Line needs to know who they're blocking for, they're not getting any help with this QB battle as Paxton is always looking to run and the OL needs to stay engaged then release to block upfield, whereas with Trevor they need to protect the pocket.
I think it would be wise for Joseph and McCoy to name Siemian the starter going into the Green Bay game so the first team can get comfortable with each other for a half.
On the RBs, CJ looked good, Ridley struggled behind a confused O-Line, and Henderson is doing everything right to remain on the roster. Charles isn't going to get many chances next week to prove his worth to the team... he better shine if he wants to stay a Bronco methinks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said it loads of times on here last season, and I get the feeling I'll be saying it again.

Get Jordan Taylor more of the ball! Something seems to happen every time he gets it, yet he only has 1-3 receptions a game. He needs to be utilised more effectively.

Also, Siemian does look like the starter again, he's just so rounded. Also, why do people constantly say he has a lower ceiling? What are they basing that on? His draft position? It was put well above, switch the draft positions and everyone is very happy.

ESPN's Jeff Legwold reports teammates believe Trevor Siemian has won the Broncos' quarterback competition.

As do all outside observers and anyone who watched the team's first two preseason games. Coach Vance Joseph has said he wants the starter set before practices for the third preseason game, often viewed as the "dress rehearsal" for Week 1, so Legwold believes the coach could announce his decision on Monday. The No. 26 overall pick last year, Paxton Lynch is shaping up as a bust.

Source: ESPN

I said it loads of times on here last season, and I get the feeling I'll be saying it again.

Get Jordan Taylor more of the ball! Something seems to happen every time he gets it, yet he only has 1-3 receptions a game. He needs to be utilised more effectively.

Also, Siemian does look like the starter again, he's just so rounded. Also, why do people constantly say he has a lower ceiling? What are they basing that on? His draft position? It was put well above, switch the draft positions and everyone is very happy.
Exactly your ceiling is not set, its as high as you make it. QB is a position where physical strength isnt necessarily everything. Its all about making good decisions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back