Teams Denver Broncos - The Mile High Club

Remove this Banner Ad

If it isn’t we get the best non-QB

Also I would rather have Tyrod next two seasons than Eli
My no.1 choice is Nelson, even with QB available, so I'd be very happy with that regardless.

Although I do like Mayfield.. Maybe he's my 1b. I'd be ok with Nelson or Mayfield at this point.

My no.1 choice is Nelson, even with QB available, so I'd be very happy with that regardless.

Although I do like Mayfield.. Maybe he's my 1b. I'd be ok with Nelson or Mayfield at this point.
Guards scare me

Warmack was a cant miss prospect too and failed. Seems like a disproportionately high number of lineman bust

Give me Barkley and a guard in the second

Literally zero chance

If we got Jackson at 25 I would be on board
As soon as I saw Barkley at no.1 the list immediately lost credibility with me. Former HB saying a HB will go first, what a shock. Then not even drafting a QB at 4? Just a joke really.

Still, would be nice for us if possible.

At the moment I have a feeling the top 4 will be something like:
Darnold
Rosen
Mayfield
Barkley

Leaving us with a decision to make. Allen is considered the highest risk of all the top QBs, would Elway want a high risk given his misses have burned us already in the past? Does he go with Nelson, or Chubb instead? Personally I'd avoid Allen at all costs, we can't afford another QB bust, especially with a top 5 pick.

Chubb would help, so would Nelson. I'd choose Nelson, but that's no secret. If that situation falls what would you all do?

At the moment I have a feeling the top 4 will be something like:
Darnold
Rosen
Mayfield
Barkley

Leaving us with a decision to make. Allen is considered the highest risk of all the top QBs, would Elway want a high risk given his misses have burned us already in the past? Does he go with Nelson, or Chubb instead? Personally I'd avoid Allen at all costs, we can't afford another QB bust, especially with a top 5 pick.

Chubb would help, so would Nelson. I'd choose Nelson, but that's no secret. If that situation falls what would you all do?
Not Chubb for mine. Ray, Barrett and Von mean we bat deep at EDGE

I would hope we would trade down in that scenario. Failing that I would take Nelson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Conversely it’s a lot to pay for a guard or running back
yeah..but Top LT and OL get $$ for a reason.

The QB jersey staying clean is $$$$$ well spent.

Go Broncos.

I was into Barkley earlier....

And im cooling a bit. He is still a home run hitter. No doubt.

But you have to look past that too. Is he worth the top 5 pick?

Nelson grades out SO far above the other OL in the draft and would go a long way to anchoring the line for years. Combined with Bolles and Velheer, we have gotten better.

Barkely can run -and run well. But so can CJ, Henderson, Booker with the good line. Barkley getting whacked in the backfield does not excite me. Not downgrading his ability but everyone in the NFL is bigger/faster/stronger.

If we can grab a Michel type in Rd2 or Rd3 as well... that's a mean set of RB's on the list.

WE dont see a lot of top 5... need to make this count.

And watch NE with lots of picks to chase something they want. Lets NOT give it to them.

Go Broncos

I was into Barkley earlier....

And im cooling a bit. He is still a home run hitter. No doubt.

But you have to look past that too. Is he worth the top 5 pick?

Nelson grades out SO far above the other OL in the draft and would go a long way to anchoring the line for years. Combined with Bolles and Velheer, we have gotten better.

Barkely can run -and run well. But so can CJ, Henderson, Booker with the good line. Barkley getting whacked in the backfield does not excite me. Not downgrading his ability but everyone in the NFL is bigger/faster/stronger.

If we can grab a Michel type in Rd2 or Rd3 as well... that's a mean set of RB's on the list.

WE dont see a lot of top 5... need to make this count.

And watch NE with lots of picks to chase something they want. Lets NOT give it to them.

Go Broncos
I have the same thoughts. He's phenomenal and a great player, but any running back (Barry Sanders aside) behind a poor oline allowing him to be hit in the backfield will always struggle to succeed. I doubt he'd help us right now, unless we got a real boost to the line somehow.

I have the same thoughts. He's phenomenal and a great player, but any running back (Barry Sanders aside) behind a poor oline allowing him to be hit in the backfield will always struggle to succeed. I doubt he'd help us right now, unless we got a real boost to the line somehow.
yup...

And the difference between say these 5

1. Saquon Barkley, Penn State
2. Derrius Guice, LSU
3. Sony Michel, Georgia
4. Ronald Jones II, USC
T-5. Nick Chubb, Georgia
T-5. Rashaad Penny, San Diego State

from top to bottom is not as great as the distance between

1. Quenton Nelson, Notre Dame
2. Isaiah Wynn, Georgia
3. James Daniels, Iowa
4. Will Hernandez, UTEP
T-5. Billy Price, Ohio State
T-5. Frank Ragnow, Arkansas

So... Id say that even Penny of Chubb could do more work behind Nelson than say Barkley could do behind Ragnow.

Its all very hypothetical of course, but IMO an average RB will do better behind a top grade OL than a top RB will do behind an average line.

And with Bolles a year better, Garcia another year better, Leary the same, Velheer and say Nelson, there's some real potential there. Good mix of vet and youth.

Last year with a s**t OL CJ got 1k yards. If he stays, CJ, Booker, Henderson, and a rd 2-4 Rb...means that CJ might get cut for SC reasons... rough business... but still I dont think it a bad set up. CJ is a hard yard bloke however.

But back to the OP - id say we got further behind Nelson than Barkley - as good as Barkley can be.

GO Broncos

Last edited:
The Broncos could be moving … down. It’s been out there that the Colts would consider a second move down the board from No. 6 (after trading out of No. 3, to the Jets, in March), but they may have competition among sellers. I’ve heard if Denver doesn’t like the quarterback that’s there at 5, whoever that is, then it’ll actively look at trying to get more picks. Two names that have been connected to the Broncos of late—Notre Dame G Quenton Nelson and Ohio State CB Denzel Ward—could be available further down the line. For what it’s worth, the same two names have been connected to the Bears at No. 8.
-Albert Breer: https://scout.com/nfl/denver-bronco...ring-trading-down-in-2018-NFL-draft-117266439

I'm not sure how much value there would be in moving down 2 or 3 spots? Are the Buccs/Colts competing for the same/similar players? I don't think either of them would take Nelson at this point. Maybe the Buccs will want Fitzpatrick/Ward ahead of TB? Don't know. I don't see enough benefit of moving back as the top 7 or 8 picks seem to be where the money is at in this first round.

Barkley, Chubb, Ward, Fitzpatrick and Nelson then obvs the 4 QBs. So moving outside the top 9 I think would be a mistake for us.

I could actually see TB wanting to trade with us if Barkley isn't picked in the top 4. He'd be perfect for them and the Colts may take him, so a shift with us might be good. Then we take one of Nelson, Ward or Fitzpatrick, or a QB depending who it is. (as long as it's NOT ALLEN
wave_smiley.gif
)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back