Teams Denver Broncos - The Mile High Club

Remove this Banner Ad

How big are ota's in terms of affecting a teams draft strategy?

I.e. If Lynch or Kelly come in now and light it up would that change our thoughts on drafting a QB?

FWIW I'm now all in on Mayfield. But at the same time I do love an underdog story and Kelly coming in and taking the team by storm would be great.

I.e. If Lynch or Kelly come in now and light it up would that change our thoughts on drafting a QB?

FWIW I'm now all in on Mayfield. But at the same time I do love an underdog story and Kelly coming in and taking the team by storm would be great.
OTAs are after the draft

Mayfield will be done by pick 5

Depends what Giants do at 2 really, recent reports suggest they won't be picking a QB. With Allen heavily linked to the Browns; the Jets would be very inclined to take Darnold. Mayfield and Rosen could both be available for selection.
Darnold at 1
Either Rosen, Allen or Barkley at 2
Mayfield at 3

Can’t see it going another way tbh

Darnold at 1
Either Rosen, Allen or Barkley at 2
Mayfield at 3

Can’t see it going another way tbh
Pretty much all the most recent mocks have Allen at 1, apparently even the president is making calls about Allen now.

I think it's a very dumb decision, but it's looking more and more likely he'll go no.1.

If it were up to me he wouldn't even be a first rounder.

Pretty much all the most recent mocks have Allen at 1, apparently even the president is making calls about Allen now.

I think it's a very dumb decision, but it's looking more and more likely he'll go no.1.

If it were up to me he wouldn't even be a first rounder.
I think that’s Browns trying to increase the value of pick 4

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would it increase the value of 4? Either way they take a QB at 1

Hyping taking Barkley at no.1 would increase the value of 4 much more than Allen, if that's what they were trying to do.
By taking Allen at 4 one of Rosen, Mayfield and Darnold is guaranteed to be there at 4

By taking Allen at 4 one of Rosen, Mayfield and Darnold is guaranteed to be there at 4
The difference in taking Allen won't change much. Darnold or Allen at 1 leaves Rosen or Mayfield at 4, both probably better QBs than Darnold anyway (at least they are imo). I don't think it would change the value of the pick much. Obviously potentially Allen at 4 as well, but like I've said, I don't rate him.

Gah. I feel like I'm changing my opinion daily about who I want us to get.

Now I'm feeling Chubb. Von, Chubb and Ray with Barrett and others rotating in & out makes for a mean front 7. Especially as Chubb is good against the run as well as pass rush. Defence was what carried us to the superbowl, maybe getting that dline back up and running is what we need. A good dline will help the secondary, as everyone knows by now.

But Mayfield would be nice. So would Barkley. I've cooled on Nelson, but still wouldn't be unhappy with him.

It's almost as though we can't miss with our pick, though, I bet Elway will utensil it all up and take Allen.

Also someone like Chubb would give Von that mentor role, like Ware had with him. I think he would thrive in that situation. Von was at his absolute best when he was being pushed by Ware, and him having that responsibility with Chubb, albeit with him being the mentor as opposed to mentee, could have the same impact.

Seems like Peyton Manning really has adopted Denver as his home. Saw an article the other day saying he goes to every Denver home game, even some away games. He lives in Denver and his kids go to school their. Just saw another tweet reiterating if affection for Denver.

I wonder what went on behind the scenes at Indy. He was only here for 4 years but it really seems like he sees himself as a Bronco and has more to do with us post career than the team he essentially built. Not that I'm complaining, I'm all for Bronco Manning.

It's because Denver is such a good place to live. Nothing against Indy. Denver is just better in almost every way

Also the fact that it's a nuisance for his family to move back to Indy now that he's in Denver
That's just the living part. Not the part where he is involved in the team. He could still be involved with Indy, players frequently live elsewhere but are involved in teams. Champ for example lives in Georgia but still visits the team semi-frequently.

Since Indy released him I don't think I've heard anything about him and the club doing things. But with him and the Broncos is seems every few months there's something about how Peyton is involved in this, that or the other.

And I don't think it has a lot to do with the actual teams but it's no secret Denver is one of the premiere organisations and is better run than Indianapolis
Yeah you always here about players talking about how great the organisation was, even upon release. Good reputation to have.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back