Teams Denver Broncos - The Mile High Club

Remove this Banner Ad

The degree to which we suck is a chasm not yet found..

Why on a wet field keep running Lindsay on sweeps? I get mix it up but sideways on slippery ground.. spare me

The return td was just luck..

And now we are giving Carr time to find receivers.. which he’s best at

Just hard to watch

Last edited:
And about to be shut out in first half by a 3 win team to be 0-17 at the half.

Oh yeah.. such a long long way back from here.

Lolzzz

Raiders have had 0 x 14 point first halves all season.... till now.

Way to prep the team Vance.

McDaniels was a cancer to this team and I loathe everything just about he did player management and team wise - but he did know he rules of the game.
VJ just looks confused and out if his depth.

Last edited:
That’s better - but Keenum was super lucky - you do make your own luck however so credit to him

Ugh.. and when we need a qb... ours throws a looping pick like that...

Sigh
Sigh
Deep exhalation..

Sigh

And then VJ burns all the TO with 5.35 left on the clock...

I get bing down 2 td you need time but you gotta keep one

Buh bye Vance.

4 and 14 on your own 12 and you go for it..
Of course Keemun those a pick - set up to fail on that one

Witten showed a play in the end that went away from Roby - and he just quit on it after 2 steps.

Roby is facing a new contract and that is not the type of attitude you want.
It’s not all in him but you can see it’s a reflection of the locker room sadly.

Lots to work on in Dove valley .

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
What’s Elway up to now? 3 HCs in 5 years? If he keeps firing HCs the Broncos will only keep getting worse. At some point you have to give a HC a chance, say 3 years minimum. I think the bigger problem is Elway himself, failing to have found Joseph a QB he can grow with over 5+ years. It’s all about getting the right QB and keeping a system together for a decade.

Feb 25, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
What’s Elway up to now? 3 HCs in 5 years? If he keeps firing HCs the Broncos will only keep getting worse. At some point you have to give a HC a chance, say 3 years minimum. I think the bigger problem is Elway himself, failing to have found Joseph a QB he can grow with over 5+ years. It’s all about getting the right QB and keeping a system together for a decade.
If you are going to comment at least have something smart to say

(Log in to remove this ad.)

o_O

Elway has tried drafting in different QB's to no avail. He's spent considerable capital in doing so. He's also called the mistakes exactly that and cut the losses. He's gone to FA to solve it and not spent the house doing so in an attempt to stay up and fix the issues. Not really worked either but also not hamstrung the SC massively long term in doing so.

Surely you dont suggest paying 25million a year for Carr's last 2 season is better than 18 million for Keenum so far.

And talking HC as you brought them up - 100 million on the line with Chucky to trade out the teams (and possibly the leagues) best defender for at best a pick 21? And then running Cooper out for another pick in the 20's? And I have no doubt Kubiak would still be at the helm health allowing so that's hardly Elway's fault. And the change from Fox to Kubiak yielded a Superbowl win.

So while the Broncos and Elway can do better of course something about stones and glass houses leaps to mind.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Phillip Lindsay (wrist) has a "possible scaphoid fracture, along with ligament damage" and faces a "lengthy recovery."

Rapsheet does add that it's not Lindsay's final diagnosis, and that he requires additional testing after Monday night's injury. He could require surgery. It's possible Lindsay misses most, if not all, of the offseason program. He should be ready for training camp. Royce Freeman will see major Week 17 run against the Chargers. The most impressive rookie back not named Saquon Barkley, 24-year-old Lindsay will begin 2019 as an upside RB2.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
Let's not forget we've been torn apart by injuries. We were legitimately hunting a wildcard spot, but our back was eventually broken though, you can only handle so many injuries.

VJ is terrible. A 3rd season with him would result in riots all over Denver. I would be sick

Should we go after Foles?
its fools gold like Keenum IMO.

I dont have the magic bullet choice either.... I mean the best prospect would be Mahommes or Luck - and they are as rightly unobtainable as anyone.

Im not sure of the right answer. I dont know much about College but there does not seem to be any great prospects in this draft either.

I could see them riding Keenum next year to play out his deal and suck it and see.

Get a decent pick around 10, get another character driven draft. a FA or 2... and get people healthy again.

Try and cobble some mastery together. Denver Fan base will want blood however after 2 losing seasons in a row - Ellis and CO needs to get this ship righted and soon.

Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
In this draft I don't see us taking a QB early. Maybe later in the draft.

I'd have loved the chance at Luck but his level of play this season probably means the Colts won't let him budge.

The D certainly did their best to get VJ a win.

And to be fair I think every skill position and then some had a rookie starting player.

But geez it was inept.

There are some highlights to go forward with.
Sutton, Hamilton, Freeman, Lindsay, Patrick, Yiadom, Jewel. Not bad for all rookies. Things to build on.

I dont see Keenum as the future but with not much else around and the SC hit to cut him, i see him under C again next year.

VJ IMO will go - and its hard to win in this league and even harder to win with the injury toll this year - but i just cant accept the coaching issues we've had and I dont think Elway can either. The injuries you cant control. The bad challenges, 4th down decisions, FG vs punt, TO usage etc - those are on him.

WE should get around pick 9 or so in the draft so its massive that Elway and Co choose well here.

Ellis needs to get the stadium named and sponsored - which is hard when you score 9 points in a game - but we need that $$.

Also I really hope that all the check down positions of any Broncos player is never allowed to be behind the LOS ever again. The number of times we lose yardage on a check down pass is insane.

And we just gave up a 2 point play on a 2 point conversion LOL... credit to Sutton for getting up after getting beat and going the 100 yards to chase the play - that show motor and grit after bing schooled.

Long offseason and black monday will be busy. :(

Go Broncos

Feb 25, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The D certainly did their best to get VJ a win.

And to be fair I think every skill position and then some had a rookie starting player.

But geez it was inept.

There are some highlights to go forward with.
Sutton, Hamilton, Freeman, Lindsay, Patrick, Yiadom, Jewel. Not bad for all rookies. Things to build on.

I dont see Keenum as the future but with not much else around and the SC hit to cut him, i see him under C again next year.

VJ IMO will go - and its hard to win in this league and even harder to win with the injury toll this year - but i just cant accept the coaching issues we've had and I dont think Elway can either. The injuries you cant control. The bad challenges, 4th down decisions, FG vs punt, TO usage etc - those are on him.

WE should get around pick 9 or so in the draft so its massive that Elway and Co choose well here.

Ellis needs to get the stadium named and sponsored - which is hard when you score 9 points in a game - but we need that $$.

Also I really hope that all the check down positions of any Broncos player is never allowed to be behind the LOS ever again. The number of times we lose yardage on a check down pass is insane.

And we just gave up a 2 point play on a 2 point conversion LOL... credit to Sutton for getting up after getting beat and going the 100 yards to chase the play - that show motor and grit after bing schooled.

Long offseason and black monday will be busy. :(

Go Broncos
What was that long play Sutton made the tackle on earlier in the year? It was like a pick 6 he stopped on the very last play? @ the JETS?? Kid has pride

Remove this Banner Ad

Back