Teams Denver Broncos - The Mile High Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
Lamar is my favorite QB of 2018, so stands to reason he still will be in 2019.
Goff notwithstanding.

Im only playing friend, Broncos would be the last team you consider changing to, imagine GG, a supporter of ol' Horse Face ... :D

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Im only playing friend, Broncos would be the last team you consider changing to, imagine GG, a supporter of ol' Horse Face ... :D
I'm still fond of the Raiders, I've always been fond of the Dolphins/Marino. I've just simply adopted the Ravens as my actual long-term team now.

There are some other franchises I enjoy watching, and I have a deep appreciation for ALL teams' histories and greats of the game. I'm not one who is myopic and just hates for the sake of.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Seriously tho, no chance they go to the playoffs with Jackson next year. MAYBE in the future but not next year
That's realistic of you. Don't disagree with your methodology. But I think Jackson is an incredibly fast learner. He's come leaps and bounds this year already in limited starts, and remember how bad he was early, they couldn't dare start him. A whole off-season and training camp working exclusively as starters, he'll be an unrecognizably good QB come week 1.

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
I'm still fond of the Raiders, I've always been fond of the Dolphins/Marino. I've just simply adopted the Ravens as my actual long-term team now.

There are some other franchises I enjoy watching, and I have a deep appreciation for ALL teams' histories and greats of the game. I'm not one who is myopic and just hates for the sake of.

:rolleyes:

It wasn't meant to be a serious remark GG. Don't have to be so srs Mr.Srs

What ever happened to the GG of a year ago who would hate on Elway just for the sake if it?

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
GG is in friendship and scholar mode today, you never know which crazy personality you're going to get day to day!
You really do have good observation skills. You're starting to figure me out. I skate between all different types of moods (troll, mr serious, sad, mr comedy, scholar, etc).
I'm like a roulette wheel i guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Elway’s dilemma: Munchak or Fangio

Posted by Mike Florio on January 9, 2019, 10:34 AM EST

GettyImages-631557490-e1547048031107.jpg

Getty Images

Broncos G.M. John Elway has plenty of experience hiring head coaches. Too much experience hiring coaches. So much experience hiring coaches that this could be his last experience hiring coaches.

Elway has whittled his choices down to two: Steelers offensive line coach Mike Munchak and Bears defensive coordinator Vic Fangio. The thinking is that Elway is leaning Munchak. However, Fangio could save the day.

Per a league source, Fangio’s burning desire to finally become a head coach has made him willing to let Elway hand pick the coaching staff. Elway wants Gary Kubiak to run the offense. That’s more likely if it’s Fangio.

It also makes it less likely that the offensive coordinator will be pilfered by another team, since Kubiak has retired from serving as a head coach, for health reasons.

However it plays out, the stakes have never been higher for Elway. Only three years after winning a Super Bowl, he has presided over the worst back-to-back seasons for the Broncos since 1971-72. Another sub-.500 season could be his last.

Elway’s dilemma: Munchak or Fangio

Posted by Mike Florio on January 9, 2019, 10:34 AM EST

GettyImages-631557490-e1547048031107.jpg

Getty Images

Broncos G.M. John Elway has plenty of experience hiring head coaches. Too much experience hiring coaches. So much experience hiring coaches that this could be his last experience hiring coaches.

Elway has whittled his choices down to two: Steelers offensive line coach Mike Munchak and Bears defensive coordinator Vic Fangio. The thinking is that Elway is leaning Munchak. However, Fangio could save the day.

Per a league source, Fangio’s burning desire to finally become a head coach has made him willing to let Elway hand pick the coaching staff. Elway wants Gary Kubiak to run the offense. That’s more likely if it’s Fangio.

It also makes it less likely that the offensive coordinator will be pilfered by another team, since Kubiak has retired from serving as a head coach, for health reasons.

However it plays out, the stakes have never been higher for Elway. Only three years after winning a Super Bowl, he has presided over the worst back-to-back seasons for the Broncos since 1971-72. Another sub-.500 season could be his last.

You know how I feel about Elway... John is the reason I started watching NFL.
But I fear his ego post Superbowl win may be clouding his ability to do this job. I truly hope I'm wrong.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
You know how I feel about Elway... John is the reason I started watching NFL.
But I fear his ego post Superbowl win may be clouding his ability to do this job. I truly hope I'm wrong.
it's definitely a "one to watch" for next year.
people who were great at their chosen field (whatever the industry -- sports, movies, music, etc) often got great due to being myopic, stubborn, self-centered, etc.
but as you get older, it can be one's undoing.

We went the safe hires rather than try for a home run hit with a young/untried coach.

There will no doubt be winners and losers with the most recent hires of young guys.

61 is fairly old though

Plenty of talk of the Bears D loving VF as a coach and locker room presence.

Straight shooter than will not pull punches. Might not be what a player wants to hear but truth wins championships.

Could be good for us after the leader of men left the building.

Plenty of talk of the Bears D loving VF as a coach and locker room presence.

Straight shooter than will not pull punches. Might not be what a player wants to hear but truth wins championships.

Could be good for us after the leader of men left the building.
All the players loved Vance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back