Teams Denver Broncos - The Mile High Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
NFL Network's James Palmer reports impending Broncos free agent Justin Simmons is expected to be franchise tagged for the second consecutive year.
That is absent a long-term deal by the March 9 deadline. Palmer reports the sides are "much closer" than they were last spring, so perhaps an agreement will be struck. 27-year-old Simmons played every defensive snap in 2020, earning Pro Bowl honors as he racked up five interceptions. Simmons performed positively both against the pass and run. He would bring home almost $14 million under another tag.
SOURCE: James Palmer on Twitter
Feb 23, 2021, 1:50 PM ET

Where Chubb was drafted isn't as relevant to me. An 8-10 sack a year player would be worth what, mid-late first round?
Wholly depends on whether they’re in on early downs and not just situational

Reckon someone would give up a top 10 pick for Chubb if we said he were available?

Na. Mack was only worth two mid/late firsts and he had better production and no injury history

Chubb is probably worth a very late first to second rounder right at this moment I reckon.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Broncos released DT Jurrell Casey.
The move will save Denver $11.8 million in cap space. Initially acquired from Tennessee for a seventh-round pick, 31-year-old Casey made three appearances with the Broncos before tearing his biceps in Week 3 and being forced to season-ending injured reserve. Although the interior defensive line position offers a number of viable players on the open market, Casey, a five-time Pro Bowler, will likely receive calls early into the new league year.
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Feb 25, 2021, 11:14 AM ET

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
I'm not opposed to giving Drew another shot, this wasn't an ideal prep year for a young QB. A proper off-season with Sutton back and hopefully JJ & Hamlers drops sorted at least somewhat would be fantastic.

I just don't want management to be half in half out. If they're in go in. If they're out do whatever to get Watson or trade up in the draft. The last thing we need is a half arsed season where we're only playing Lock because they couldn't get anything done elsewhere.

I'm not opposed to giving Drew another shot, this wasn't an ideal prep year for a young QB. A proper off-season with Sutton back and hopefully JJ & Hamlers drops sorted at least somewhat would be fantastic.

I just don't want management to be half in half out. If they're in go in. If they're out do whatever to get Watson or trade up in the draft. The last thing we need is a half arsed season where we're only playing Lock because they couldn't get anything done elsewhere.
But if they go with lock.. and if so that’s fine by me.. they gotta stick with him all year long.. let him build into it... they can’t yank him 3 games in...
he’s gotta either fail big or succeed big... and it truthfully could be either

Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
But if they go with lock.. and if so that’s fine by me.. they gotta stick with him all year long.. let him build into it... they can’t yank him 3 games in...
he’s gotta either fail big or succeed big... and it truthfully could be either
That's what I mean, if they're going with Lock then commit. Don't do it as a last resort and hope for the best for a year waiting for next off-season.

Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
Von sticking around is a slight surprise, albeit a pleasant move.

What do we think of not bringing K-Jackson back? He's been in very good form for us, though he is in his 33 by next season so it could drop quick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back