Teams Denver Broncos - The Mile High Club

Remove this Banner Ad

We are so s**t with so many issues...

Its gonna be a LONG road back from here.
It is a fairly dire situation and will maybe put a slight handbreak on other teams going all in on aging QBs looking for a new team. Sure it worked with Manning and Brady, but backfired massively here.

I do wonder why we gave him such a massive contract when surely they would've seen something being off at training camp. I mean there had to be signs there, no chance he was prime Russ all through camp and then suddenly in season everything fell apart. Maybe an experienced coaching staff would've seen it and spoken up and Perhaps the inexperience showed through here, in a poor way.

It is a fairly dire situation and will maybe put a slight handbreak on other teams going all in on aging QBs looking for a new team. Sure it worked with Manning and Brady, but backfired massively here.

I do wonder why we gave him such a massive contract when surely they would've seen something being off at training camp. I mean there had to be signs there, no chance he was prime Russ all through camp and then suddenly in season everything fell apart. Maybe an experienced coaching staff would've seen it and spoken up and Perhaps the inexperience showed through here, in a poor way.
Rookie head coach.. slight diva QB, zero pre season snaps under live fire opposition, horrendous and I mean horrendous run with injuries, totally lack of Synch with offensive group…
HC not being good enough at the game portion of the job, lots of close losses and now the locker room is pissy.

Abs I’ve never seen a web go off a cliff so badly in 40 years of WAtxhing this stuff.
It’s not all the qb

Rookie head coach.. slight diva QB, zero pre season snaps under live fire opposition, horrendous and I mean horrendous run with injuries, totally lack of Synch with offensive group…
HC not being good enough at the game portion of the job, lots of close losses and now the locker room is pissy.

Abs I’ve never seen a web go off a cliff so badly in 40 years of WAtxhing this stuff.
It’s not all the qb
I think you've nailed it, DB. A horrible perfect storm of events that derailed then wrecked our season. Hard to know where to start to get back to where we belong.

My last live game was Chargers away, mainly because I've nicked off to Doha but it's a relief not to be able to go to games, which I never thought I'd ever say. Have a ticket for Rams game Christmas day. There's an outside chance of a win there. But what a bust this season has been.

I'd love to bench Wilson. Rypien may not be a gun but we know for a fact Russ isn't, he's only leading us to a historic bad offense, we have to change something.

Not even being able to score 10 points after being handed multiple turnovers FFS.

I admire this defence, no matter how bad the offense is they still keep being great. It would've been so easy for them to roll over by now and pack it in a bit given the offenses failings.

I'd love to bench Wilson. Rypien may not be a gun but we know for a fact Russ isn't, he's only leading us to a historic bad offense, we have to change something.

Not even being able to score 10 points after being handed multiple turnovers FFS.

I admire this defence, no matter how bad the offense is they still keep being great. It would've been so easy for them to roll over by now and pack it in a bit given the offenses failings.
Wilson has some flashes.... and the revolving door on receivers and RB and OL doesnt help...

So ill give some space their....

But FFS we are horrible.

Simmons got 2 TO and we got nothing for it.

Its like nothing clicks all at once... there is always something going pear shaped and we go backwards.

In 10 years when the truth comes out its gonna be an intersting read.

If you could ever be just content in a loss, this game was it... expected nothing, down 3 TDs, and then fought back. Need to fix that O-Line.

Need to fix that O-Line.
I know I'm just a dumbass from the internet, but it blows my mind when teams don't prioritise the oline.

A bad oline basically prevents you from doing anything on offense. If I were a GM it's the first area I'd spent capital, QB aside of course. They make mediocre RBs look elite and can make average WRs good WRs by giving them more time to get open.

There's no point having elite WRs and RBs if your line never gives you a chance for more than 2 seconds a pass or has free runners in the backfield on runs.

It's why back in Chubbs draft I wanted to take Nelson. Everyone said you don't take guards that high, but why the f not? A walk up all-pro guard for 12 yrs isnt worth it? Please.

I know I'm just a dumbass from the internet, but it blows my mind when teams don't prioritise the oline.

A bad oline basically prevents you from doing anything on offense. If I were a GM it's the first area I'd spent capital, QB aside of course. They make mediocre RBs look elite and can make average WRs good WRs by giving them more time to get open.

There's no point having elite WRs and RBs if your line never gives you a chance for more than 2 seconds a pass or has free runners in the backfield on runs.

It's why back in Chubbs draft I wanted to take Nelson. Everyone said you don't take guards that high, but why the f not? A walk up all-pro guard for 12 yrs isnt worth it? Please.
Mike Munchak not being retained BLOWS my mind. Huge error IMO.

GO Catters

a win is a win...

23 On IR for the year...

Sure Wilson has been BOG average, the coaching has been poor bur 23 on IR will scuttle any team any team.

That's like 1/2 the ******* list. No team has that depth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hackett gone.

As Glanville said, NFL stands for Not For Long if you keep making those chicken s**t cals.

Sean PAyton would be great but with him wanting Vic Fangio as DC there is no way that would be in Denver.

I like Quinn as a DC, hate him as a HC. Some guys just aren't meant to be HC's. The Falcons were far more know as an offensive than defensive team when Quinn was there, proving he had little to do with their success. Plus he was terrible at game management.

I like Quinn as a DC, hate him as a HC. Some guys just aren't meant to be HC's. The Falcons were far more know as an offensive than defensive team when Quinn was there, proving he had little to do with their success. Plus he was terrible at game management.
Broncos gonna Bronco again hiring a career coordinator as HC. They need to find someone imo from the McVay tree (like how good Taylor abd O'Connor have already turned out to be).

Hackett gone.

As Glanville said, NFL stands for Not For Long if you keep making those chicken s**t cals.

Sean PAyton would be great but with him wanting Vic Fangio as DC there is no way that would be in Denver.
Never seen a better example of a slow motion car crash than the 2022 Broncos.

hEvero should be rewarded with is work and kept on as DC.

Get Munchak back for OL - he lives in Denver FFS.

Go all out on Harbaugh or Payton to wrangle and get RW outta his funk.

Cut Gregorry hes a POS.

Broncos general manager George Paton said everyone in the organization is being evaluated in the final two weeks of the regular season.​

In a Tuesday presser, Paton called the Broncos' Christmas Day meltdown against the Rams "unacceptable" and "embarrassing." Russell Wilson and the offense continued to struggle and players fought on the sideline yet again. The team was left with no choice but to fire head coach Nathaniel Hackett and replace him with the guy who does clock management on game days. Paton said the next Broncos head coach -- if the team can find someone who will take the job -- will not report to the GM, but to ownership. It's a disastrous chain of command that will likely ensure the Broncos are among the league's worst teams for the foreseeable future. There's no guarantee Paton, who signed off on the worst trade in NFL history -- bringing Wilson to Denver -- will make it to 2023. His Tuesday press conference, during which he asked for patience from Denver fans, implied as much.

Broncos general manager George Paton said the team would consult Condoleezza Rice in its search for a new head coach.​

In a cringe-worthy Tuesday press conference, Paton said everyone in the Broncos organization would be evaluated in the season's final two weeks. Rice, part of the team's ownership, would help guide the team's search for a new head coach after Denver dismissed Nathaniel Hackett on Monday, following the team's blowout loss to the Rams, of all teams. Paton said the team would interview defensive coordinator Ejiro Evero for the head coaching position after Evero turned down the interim job this week. Broncos officials reportedly believe Russell Wilson is "fixable" and view him as a long-term solution at quarterback -- a good thing considering his contract makes Wilson untradeable. It's yet to be seen if the Broncos will recruit other former high-ranking government officials to find someone who can fix Wilson.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back