Teams Denver Broncos - The Mile High Club

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Drew Lock (thumb) could begin the season on injured reserve.
"Obviously because it's his throwing hand and a thumb, that's a pretty serious injury for a quarterback,'' coach Vic Fangio said Thursday. "It will be some time before we know exactly where he's at and how much time he would miss." If the move is made, it will not be until after final cuts. Placing Lock on injured reserve now would make him ineligible for return. This is likely to happen and to function as a de facto "redshirt" for the raw rookie quarterback. Joe Flacco will almost certainly be benchable in 2019, but Lock might not have enough time to get ready to unseat him.
SOURCE: ESPN.com
Aug 22, 2019, 8:57 PM ET

Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
So with Luck retiring does this mean Chad Kelly will finally get a shot to start in the NFL?

Hope the best for him, but at the same time I'll be a little pissed if he does really well considering we dumped him!

Feb 25, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
So with Luck retiring does this mean Chad Kelly will finally get a shot to start in the NFL?

Hope the best for him, but at the same time I'll be a little pi**ed if he does really well considering we dumped him!
He finally gets a chance to be a backup
You guys also dumped Kyle Sloter and he's been great at the Vikings for the last couple years (preseason).
Preseason hero. Will be lucky to ever start a real game

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Preseason hero. Will be lucky to ever start a real game
Chad Kelly looks very good. So does Kyle Sloter.
Elway wasted too much time on higher picks like Seiman, Lynch, etc.
This is the problem with this league....GMs give far more opportunities/chances to players who were high picks and/or paid a lot of money....in order to validate their decisions investing such picks/money.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Agreed. But sloter will not do anything as a starter in the league
No one knows until he gets a real start. And, a continuous run of starts so he is allowed to vie against D's planning against him, building chemistry with the receivers, and allowing the game to slow down for him.

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets starts this year when Kirk falters/injured.

Our red zone offense is starting to worry me

I'll be concerned when it's our full first team offense playing and it's still happening.
Can't read to much into preseason games like this with starters playing less and less game time it seems than any other preseason before.

Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
DT re-signing with the pats after being cut a couple days ago because the Pats 1st round WR has been placed on IR.

I'd like to see DT have some success, but he's on the Pats... I don't know how to feel tbh.

So much for our vaunted D today...
Not a single sack, no INT, no Fumbles, really no pressure on Carr all game.
And got burnt on some big runs too.
Disappointed.

Disappointed in the Offense too... left a lot of points on the field.
Why only really start to target Sanders when it's too late??
Dropped passes!! Especially in the Endzone!!
Flacco took a couple of sacks where the ball really needed to be thrown away. He's experienced enough to sort that crap out.
The one late in the game on a 3rd and 2, he could have run the ball to the left and made the first down.... instead stood there and waited some more to be taken down. Stupid!!

I wonder how much the AB situation lifted the Raiders for this one? They love to beat us at home...

It's not the end of the world, but they've got a lot of things to work on in a week Vic!

Just thinking out aloud here... why don't teams throw up a hail mary at the end of the first half instead of going for an unrealistic FG?
McManus going for a 64yd FG was never gonna work... with the new PI review system surely it's worth a shot?
With Sanders and Sutton surely you'd give it a go?

Feb 25, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
- front played like a bunch of girls
- Yiadom got toasted
- O-line finally switched on in the 2nd half
- Flacco needs to get rid of the ball
- Hamilton... learn to catch FFS. That s**t costs us games
- Chubb and Miller.. wake the * up pls

We missed Davis and Callahan greatly tonight. Yiadom was clueless and we missed Davis up front

Hopefully James is healthy.

Lindsay... take a bow

Freeman was decent too.

Sutton was impressive

Fant needs to get his s**t together.

Sanders needs to be utilised, but teams are going to focus on him a lot.

------

Mack and co are going to tear us to shreds... we need to run the ball and keep them under 10. Our front needs to get their s**t together within 6 days

Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
Flacco was slow. Slow release and his passes seemed heavy but without any zip.. hard to catch. Not that it is an excuse, these are NFL receivers, you should be able to catch those.

I'll give the pass rush somewhat of a pass today, playing from behind that early it's always hard to generate proper pressure. But lift next week ffs.

Good to see Sutton step up. Back it up, son.

Fant was... disappointing.

Also see that the red zone offensive issues have carried over from the pre-season... It's taking me back to the Kyle Orton days.

Feb 25, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Flacco was ok outside of the boneheaded sacks. We should've had at least 26 points on the board tonight.

All in all I'm actually not that down. If Callahan and Davis are out there tonight it's much closer. And if Flacco could throw the ball away on top of that we probably win.

Hard to say if the Raiders started playing soft without having a proper look, but our O had their way with them in the 2nd half to an extent.

Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
That hurts.

Von and Chubb need to realise the season has started and join the party. Lindsay does as well tbh.

Freeman is looking good, though.

So good to see Sanders balling out. Was concerned to see how he'd return but he's come back stronger than I thought he would.

Back