Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
Doubtful we are in a financial/trade position to secure a franchise QB (which is more or less Watson), and I haven't seen anything in the draft so suggest depth enough that there is a boom QB waiting for us at our first pick.

I suspect we will give him one more year. Hope the development continues, OL improvements, Sutton back. In the meantime, offload Miller to free up cap space and see where we are at the end of next season. All goes well, we develops nicely and we are in playoffs/serious playoff contention late in the year. it goes bust, and Lock will be done and hopefully we have good trade currency, cap space or draft pick.

By appointing Paton GM now, everyone key has bought themselves another year, except maybe Miller for multiple reasons.

I get the feeling we'll give him another year as well.

Worst case though is it's another wasted year, and chances are a new head coach as well as new QB next year. I doubt a DeShaun Watson will magically become available again next year, either. I'd say we should go after him, if he falls through see what happens in the draft but go in thinking Lock will be the 21' starter unless someone falls a bit.

Mr X

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2003
Round here
AFL Club
Geelong
I can't say I've followed it much but my understanding was they separated after that then she went of on him.
Either way he is a dumbass for getting himself into that situation, and actually writing some of that down.
There were quite simple ways it could have been avoided......many of them all of which were in his control.

I'm warming to the idea of taking Surtain with our first pick.
It won’t be a QB... I’d luv the OT Sewell to be ours.. bookend Bolles who we have for 4 years with him for a 5 year deal. Add in Risner, Muti abs Cush ... that’s a good 5 OL for a great running game and protection for Lock.

It won’t be a QB... I’d luv the OT Sewell to be ours.. bookend Bolles who we have for 4 years with him for a 5 year deal. Add in Risner, Muti abs Cush ... that’s a good 5 OL for a great running game and protection for Lock.
Glasgow is locked in too

My first preference is a good tackle as well.

Initially I was put off by a CB, thinking it was excess to requirements, but a 6'2, 205lb CB is a pretty sexy addition
I have no issue with Surtain - we need another CHJ / Champ type on an island back there.

I see a walking penalty in the NFL due to lacking quickness.

I am no professional scout though.

That said, I love Farley.

Jaycee Horn excites me.

Id hope he's in our plans if we trade back and don't take a qb.

So... Drew Lock it is then....

Im fine with it... but Stafford and Goff both gone.

Means Det at 7 wont take a QB now so thats one less non QB player we will get.

I don’t feel like we are in the same market for players as detroit

could see them taking Devonta or Waddle
we may even trade back....

Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
So... Drew Lock it is then....

Im fine with it... but Stafford and Goff both gone.

Means Det at 7 wont take a QB now so thats one less non QB player we will get.
Considering what the Rams paid for Stafford, yeah I'm happy to stick with Lock.

I can't believe they gave up 2 firsts and Goff for him. Mental. I was thinking perhaps a first and Lock or 2 2nd round picks and Lock for him. Glad we didn't give up 2 firsts for him.

That does make me wonder, though, wtf could DeShaun possibly cost? 4 first round picks and Lock? Yikes.

Considering what the Rams paid for Stafford, yeah I'm happy to stick with Lock.

I can't believe they gave up 2 firsts and Goff for him. Mental. I was thinking perhaps a first and Lock or 2 2nd round picks and Lock for him. Glad we didn't give up 2 firsts for him.

That does make me wonder, though, wtf could DeShaun possibly cost? 4 first round picks and Lock? Yikes.
A portion of that price was to offload Goff’s contract.

Most teams offered a single first - the best offer outside this one looked like pick 8 and a 3rd

Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
A portion of that price was to offload Goff’s contract.

Most teams offered a single first - the best offer outside this one looked like pick 8 and a 3rd
The other thing is those 2 firsts will likely be late 20s. Broncos likely would've been something like pick 9, Lock & a 3rd rounder or so.

That would be pretty close in value tbh - 2 late 20 picks for pick 9. Though having said that Goff is a starter at least. Lock is still debatable on that.

2 late 1st rd picks vs pick 9
&
Goff vs Lock & rd 3 pick.

Pretty close imo.

Back