Teams Denver Broncos - The Mile High Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
NFL Network's James Palmer reports the Broncos aren't interested in Carson Wentz and other quarterbacks not in the "top group."
Denver is doing their research on every available quarterback and remains interested in elite quarterbacks. However, the Broncos aren't in the market for the second tier of quarterbacks available in free agency and via trade -- presumably Marcus Mariota, Cam Newton, and Teddy Bridgewater in addition to Wentz. Palmer believes the Broncos were internally optimistic with Drew Lock's finish in 2020 and would like to see him with a fully healthy receiving corps in 2021. Most of Denver's cap space will be spent on re-signed defensive players this offseason, so the most likely outcome at quarterback is Lock plus a cheap veteran like Andy Dalton or Nick Foles. Lock should have better numbers next year with Courtland Sutton, Jerry Jeudy, KJ Hamler, and Noah Fant at his disposal, but he hasn't looked like a franchise quarterback in his first two seasons. If he busts in 2021, new GM George Patton will make quarterback the top priority next offseason.
SOURCE: James Palmer on Twitter
Feb 17, 2021, 2:01 PM ET

dinacius

Draftee
Feb 22, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
Teddy Bridgewater is very good, you should trade for him imo. 🤗
1.jpg

Half the Patriots' losses with Cam Newton under center were by one score. Their first comeback shot came week 2 vs the Seahawks, arguably Cam's best drive all year. Kinda stuff you build around. Accuracy, decision-making, improvisation, poise. Should've left the field with a TD

I can get giving picks away.. its the young active roster players that get me...

That said... 4 x Rd1 picks aint the answer either.

Its gonna be pricey. The hope is that DW picks us - and narrows the market price with his trade clause... and then it gets little cheaper... but its still gonna be hella costly.

Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
What player would you be willing to give up?

Chubb?
Jeudy?
Sutton?
Simmons? (tag and trade? Bit of a dog move but hey)

I could maybe settle with Chubb. He wasn't quite at his rookie level after his knee, and I doubt he'll ever got to Vons heights. Maybe trade him and keep Von on the books. I'd be hesitant to trade an offensive weapon given we'd be getting a QB.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
Anyway, texans were asking for EITHER 2x 1sts and 2x 2nds....OR....2x 2nds and 2x defensive players.

Id rather give them Von than Bradley
I certainly agree with that, though I don't think they'd want Von, nor Von them - though what the player wants isn't all that important in the NFL as we all know.

That's interesting. Well perhaps 2 firsts, 1 second and Chubb will do. I still feel like they'd want 2x 1s and 2x 2s + Chubb though.

Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
Franchise QB is by far more important, and you end the whole saga of the last 5 or so years trying and failing to find one. fu** pass rushers, you can find them again or vet.

I wouldnt do two 1sts and Chubb seeing as Chubb was a #3 overall or so. One first, Chubb, and two 2nds
Where Chubb was drafted isn't as relevant to me. An 8-10 sack a year player would be worth what, mid-late first round?

Agreed re QB value. It's why I'd be happy to do 2x firsts + Chubb tbf. With a top QB you're a chance every year, some of those teams Peyton got to the AFC championship had no right there, not to mention John Elway in the 80s.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Where Chubb was drafted isn't as relevant to me. An 8-10 sack a year player would be worth what, mid-late first round?

Agreed re QB value. It's why I'd be happy to do 2x firsts + Chubb tbf. With a top QB you're a chance every year, some of those teams Peyton got to the AFC championship had no right there, not to mention John Elway in the 80s.
Id send them 2021 1st, 2022 1st, Lock, Chubb....For.....Watson + something in return a 3rd or player

LA is right , Von Miller holds very little trade value, couple that with the Texans going into rebuild mode by trading Watson it would make no sense whatsoever.

If you're an AFC team you're going to have to dig especially deep on a trade to satisfy Houston i reckon.

If the Texans want a pass rushing young stud I could easily see the Niners offering Nick Bosa and multiple firsts.

View attachment 1062610

Half the Patriots' losses with Cam Newton under center were by one score. Their first comeback shot came week 2 vs the Seahawks, arguably Cam's best drive all year. Kinda stuff you build around. Accuracy, decision-making, improvisation, poise. Should've left the field with a TD

Literally no idea what this post has to do with mine or the Broncos.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back