Teams Denver Broncos - The Mile High Club

Got nothing against Teddy, hes a fine bridge and above average between the 20s. Useless in the red zone and zero clutch in him unfortunately.

If Lock stinks it up again he'll keep your roster in the playoff hunt i reckon.

Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
Teddy would be a decent vet backup, I don't think his presence precludes you from drafting a QB.

If we're genuinely getting him to compete for the starting job then next season is a write off already.

Teddy would be a decent vet backup, I don't think his presence precludes you from drafting a QB.

If we're genuinely getting him to compete for the starting job then next season is a write off already.

Depends, you wouldn't trade for Teddy if it's Fields. You would if you're interested in Lance however.

From what I heard Teddy got to choose his destination. I can't imagine him going somewhere to be a rookies backup.
I’m sure 31 teams were falling all over themselves to take him

We didn’t hold a meeting with Rashawn Slater so think he is unlikely

We did meet with Parsons, JOK and Collins though. No meeting with Jamin 😞

Met with Javonte but not ETN or Najee so I feel it’s unlikely we take a RB with 40

The av Qb starting salary is about what 25 million these days.

We got TBW for a 6th, he forgoes the 2022 part of his contract and he's costing us 3 million in 2021.

That kind of deal is almost criminal to not take.

He'll compete with Lock and might beat him out. He will also be a vet voice that can help Lock if he needs it.

Sure it aint flashy or Justin Herbert style cool.... but its mega cost effective and can win us a game or do.

I dont luv it but for what it is, its hard to hate it.

We got TBW for a 6th, he forgoes the 2022 part of his contract and he's costing us 3 million in 2021.

He'll compete with Lock and might beat him out. He will also be a vet voice that can help Lock if he needs it.

Sure it aint flashy or Justin Herbert style cool.... but its mega cost effective and can win us a game or do.

Seems like a list clogger though

We probably win 8 games next season

Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos

Well put. I didn't like it first time of asking but when I saw the details it's a dece deal. Super cheap for, worst case, a good vet backup, something we haven't had.

I'm happy so long as he doesn't start. I like the move as a backup and veteran mentor.

If he starts then the season will be a waste.
He will absolutely start at least a couple games

And if Fields falls to 7 or 9, you can still go get him.

Or, if the Kings ransom appears from Pats or Vikings wanting to get up to 9 if one of them does fall, then you take it and run.

TB will push Lock which is what everyone wanted at the position - and if our starting QB who earns the start is making 3 million per year and is winning.... how is that not a win.

Plus think of who he's got to throw to.

Ir if Sewell slides bc of the QB rush.... id take him at 9 in a heart beat

The options getting TB has opened up are good... even if TB by himself is not the QTOTF answer we are all looking for.

Id still like to see Lock with one more season to prove himself too - but I get why people also are done with him.

Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
And if Fields falls to 7 or 9, you can still go get him.

Or, if the Kings ransom appears from Pats or Vikings wanting to get up to 9 if one of them does fall, then you take it and run.

TB will push Lock which is what everyone wanted at the position - and if our starting QB who earns the start is making 3 million per year and is winning.... how is that not a win.

Plus think of who he's got to throw to.

Ir if Sewell slides bc of the QB rush.... id take him at 9 in a heart beat

The options getting TB has opened up are good... even if TB by himself is not the QTOTF answer we are all looking for.

Id still like to see Lock with one more season to prove himself too - but I get why people also are done with him.
I suppose the other thing re Lock is who's to say we'll be in the position to get a franchise QB next season? This season we are by advent of there being so many options this year.

If we back Lock another year and it's obvious it's not him will we even be able to replace him sufficiently next off-season?

Back