Denzel Washington

Remove this Banner Ad

PowerfulPies2023

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2023
AFL Club
Collingwood
Great actor. Many gems. I love that movie the Little Things which I probably have as one of my best movies. Great chemistry with that other bloke.

The Hurricane
Training Day
American Gangster
Equaliser's
Ramon J esq
Taking of Pelham
Safe house
Unstoppable
Flight

He has many good movies.

Your favourite?

One of his best acting scenes imo is from the movie 'Glory'... Doesn't say a single word as he stares down Ferris Bueller, yet conveys so much with his face, posture, etc...

Malcolm X is the standout for me (peak-level Spike along with stuff like Do the Right Thing & Summer of Sam). Below that is the initial Tony Scott trilogy of Crimson Tide, Man on Fire & Déjà Vu, which are a cut above everything else he’s been in (film wise anyway). He has about twenty or so I enjoy though, and typically elevates proceedings, even in so-so stuff his performances are usually worth seeing.

Another well timed thread. I watched Fallen recently (one of those it's about to leave Netflix, so might as well) which was a decent movie, but seriously elevated by Denzel's performance (as it was by John Goodman's).

I would have Training Day and Glory as my favourites of his.

Another well timed thread. I watched Fallen recently (one of those it's about to leave Netflix, so might as well) which was a decent movie, but seriously elevated by Denzel's performance (as it was by John Goodman's).

I would have Training Day and Glory as my favourites of his.
That's a brilliant movie. I only saw it about 3-4 years ago and gee it's a lot like real life in many respects.

Don't underestimate the ability you have with each other when you give off good or negative energy.

Am i the only one who liked Fences?
I liked it, some parts were boring but I did watch it after a late night.

He pissed me off in that movie in the sense he was a cheating dog.

Cheating is for the weak.

This is a tough one as he's brilliant and clearly also chooses projects well. Probably Training Day for me but it wouldn't be hard if you made the case for plenty of others for me to agree with you.

This is a tough one as he's brilliant and clearly also chooses projects well. Probably Training Day for me but it wouldn't be hard if you made the case for plenty of others for me to agree with you.
Training Day I reckon that's his best role. He absolutely nailed that one. No one could play that as good as him.

Phenomenal.

The Bone Collector he was also good and as mentioned Man On Fire.

Training Day was his best performance and best movie. Would be one of my all time faves for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Out of Time was ok. Far fetched of course but I feel Denzel still did a good job as usual

Brilliant actor. In my top 10 that's for sure.

Disappointing there is no mention of Denzel's movie debut in Carbon Copy from 1981 where he played George Segal's wisecracking son.

You wouldn't have picked him back then to become one of Hollywood's all time great leading actors.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back