Politics Deportation!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Furn2

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
ok my Sister who I hardly know, is being held without charge undefinately in Australia and faces immediate deportation again without charge!!

How is this allowed in a western Country in 2015 ???

Ok now she has had drug issues most of her life well since she was 13 on and off which is when she came to Aus.

Now she has 3 kids in Aus and has never hurt anyone other than drug charges and theft that she learnt here in Aus.

So how can use be deported under a terrorist law?

And more to the point be held indefinitely on the say so of a minister ????

ok my Sister who I hardly know, is being held without charge undefinately in Australia and faces immediate deportation again without charge!!

How is this allowed in a western Country in 2015 ???

Ok now she has had drug issues most of her life well since she was 13 on and off which is when she came to Aus.

Now she has 3 kids in Aus and has never hurt anyone other than drug charges and theft that she learnt here in Aus.

So how can use be deported under a terrorist law?

And more to the point be held indefinitely on the say so of a minister ????
Ib4 pics of sister

She was 11 when she came here

Yep, and there is currently a guy who has been deported to Chile, (his country of birth), for the same reason.

He came here, (Australia), as a baby, does not speak a word of Spanish and has left a wife and kids here too. He just never bothered going for citizenship.

Same reason as your sister and many, many others.

I'm not necessarily agreeing with it as a broad brush policy at all, (but it does have its place in certain circumstances), but welcome to the current Governments policy on looking tough.

Sorry mate.

Yep, and there is currently a guy who has been deported to Chile, (his country of birth), for the same reason.

He came here, (Australia), as a baby, does not speak a word of Spanish and has left a wife and kids here too. He just never bothered going for citizenship.

Same reason as your sister and many, many others.

I'm not necessarily agreeing with it as a broad brush policy at all, (but it does have its place in certain circumstances), but welcome to the current Governments policy on looking tough.

Sorry mate.

So how are u any different ?

Wut?

I was born here and a citizen.

Your sister, and probably you, have been here as a Permanent Resident.

Big difference...but in all honesty there was nothing stopping her, or you, applying for citizenship after 5(?) years on the PR visa, and this never would have happened.

Big difference how ?

I am a citizen i paid some cash answers some questions about cricket and made a speech I can't remember.

When did u pass the Aussie test ?

My sister taught primary school kids for years before she made mistakes and is being deported.

The real question is how can u live in a country where a minister who has done nothing more than win his local electorate hold a human being indefinitely without charge or without trial ???

Big difference how ?

I am a citizen i paid some cash answers some questions about cricket and made a speech I can't remember.

When did u pass the Aussie test ?

My sister taught primary school kids for years before she made mistakes and is being deported.

The real question is how can u live in a country where a minister who has done nothing more than win his local electorate hold a human being indefinitely without charge or without trial ???

May as well do without passports then, eh?

Citizenship carries with it an inherent right of protection by your country and your sister CHOSE not to take up that option and CHOSE to keep citizenship from the country of her birth.

Again, her choice...just like you made your decision.

If it is so unimportant, then why did you bother?

Again, I'm not necessarily agreeing with her deportation, but she did make her own bed in this instance.

My wife is able to take up citizenship in 2018 and will be doing so immediately.

May as well do without passports then, eh?

Citizenship carries with it an inherent right of protection by your country and your sister CHOSE not to take up that option and CHOSE to keep citizenship from the country of her birth.

Again, her choice...just like you made your decision.

If it is so unimportant, then why did you bother?

Again, I'm not necessarily agreeing with her deportation, but she did make her own bed in this instance.

My wife is able to take up citizenship in 2018 and will be doing so immediately.

So at what point do you not allow a local mp to detain people without charge or trial ?

So at what point do you not allow a local mp to detain people without charge or trial ?

It's my understanding that this option has always been available to the relevant Minister under law.

However, it is only of late that it has been enforced so stringently.

Don't get me wrong, I think Dutton is an utter s**t bag, and have been strongly critical of him on this board.

Your sister must have had a recent conviction for this action to have been enforced...and I doubt that it is over a bag of pot.

It's my understanding that this option has always been available to the relevant Minister under law.

However, it is only of late that it has been enforced so stringently.

Don't get me wrong, I think Dutton is an utter s**t bag, and have been strongly critical of him on this board.

Your sister must have had a recent conviction for this action to have been enforced...and I doubt that it is over a bag of pot.

Yes she has a drug charge of 6 mths of which she served 4 which combined with offences committed over 15 years ago combining 8 mths of which none was served makes her a serious criminal.

I'm sure we all feel safer with her being 10,000 miles away nevause she never bother to pretend she know who Bradman was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could well be the reason. See this case.

Furn2 I would suggest contacting a lawyer, possibly Nick Wiesener as mentioned in the above article. He may be able to help, depending on your sister's conviction and other circumstances.

Yes she has a drug charge of 6 mths of which she served 4 which combined with offences committed over 15 years ago combining 8 mths of which none was served makes her a serious criminal.

Well, unless you have a big slush fund, a really good lawyer and a hell of a lot of luck, I'm afraid that she's stuffed.

There's more deportees in detention centres awaiting their final verdict than there are refugees nowadays.

Sorry mate.

Furn I would suggest contacting a lawyer, possibly Nick Wiesener as mentioned in the above article. He may be able to help, depending on your sister's conviction and other circumstances.

Look I have contacted lawyers but to be honest my sisters kids might be better off if she Was deported.

It's more about the principal that a minister has such powers without any court.

Furn2 I would suggest contacting a lawyer, possibly Nick Wiesener as mentioned in the above article. He may be able to help, depending on your sister's conviction and other circumstances.

I would hazard a guess that there are a bag load more mitigating circumstances in this guys case...hence the reversal.

I'm sure we all feel safer with her being 10,000 miles away nevause she never bother to pretend she know who Bradman was.

How long has your sister lived here?

Did she take out Australian citizenship?

Where will she be deported to?

What exactly is her past and present criminal record?

I would hazard a guess that there are a bag load more mitigating circumstances in this guys case...hence the reversal.
How long has your sister lived here?

Did she take out Australian citizenship?

Where will she be deported to?

What exactly is her past and present criminal record?
since 1982,

No

Various drug and minor fraud charges dated from 1995 and then the same recently

She will be deported to the UK
leaving my 70 year old dad with her 9 And 11 year old kids

Remove this Banner Ad

Back