Mod. Notice Depressed? Anxious? Call Beyond Blue (1300 224636), Lifeline (131114), resources in OP

Shane Heard

Club Legend
Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
I get the sentiment. And I thank you for trying. But I am just not sure how much stronger I need to be. I am tapped out, I have done psych, I have done an inpatient program, I have moved forward

But now I don’t have a job or a family. It just sucks. Why should I think it is better.? That this is an opportunity ? Etc etc .

I got past dad passing away knowing I had a family to care for. I got past the break up knowing I had a job to do to and the income would support my kids. Now I don’t even have that.

I’m done standing up. I’m done fighting. I’m done
take things day by day mate...you have kids.Your kids will always need you.
If it’s just for them alone, you have to go on and be there for them..always.

time will pass..things will get better

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Aaaaannnnd I am back!

Just got made redundant today.

2018 lose my dad
2019 lose my marriage
2020 lose my job

All in February. 2021 February I got fu** all left to lose
Hang in there mate. Believe in the faith that there is an invisible roller coaster for us all, the dips will eventually have an up.
Try using the tricks that have helped you overcome things in the past. Also, remember that what is happening to you is not at all uncommon in life. Just happens everything seems to hit you all at the same period. What's to say the next couple of years might turn out to be some of your best, if things can turn around?

mxett

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 1, 2007
AFL Club
Essendon
I get the sentiment. And I thank you for trying. But I am just not sure how much stronger I need to be. I am tapped out, I have done psych, I have done an inpatient program, I have moved forward

But now I don’t have a job or a family. It just sucks. Why should I think it is better.? That this is an opportunity ? Etc etc .

I got past dad passing away knowing I had a family to care for. I got past the break up knowing I had a job to do to and the income would support my kids. Now I don’t even have that.

I’m done standing up. I’m done fighting. I’m done
Life has ups and downs, we simply can't avoid it. The only real choice we have is to accept the difficult times and enjoy the good things we have. No matter what our circumstances, there are always many who are worse off.

My Dad passed last year, now my mum is suffering I'll health. Its been a tough few years especially since I am their medical power of attorney.

But I know this tough time will pass so I enjoy the blessings in my life and accept the challenges.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top Bottom