Mod. Notice Depressed? Anxious? Call Beyond Blue (1300 224636), Lifeline (131114), resources in OP

Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Wimbledon AFC
*. What a s**t 12 months. Could happily die tomorrow but I reckon I have got another 20 years.
When life throws me lemons I tend to become bitter.

Thanks for reading this, I have been bottling a lot of s**t up and this anonymous space is a start..
I'm not alone and all that.

Jul 2, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
*. What a s**t 12 months. Could happily die tomorrow but I reckon I have got another 20 years.
When life throws me lemons I tend to become bitter.

Thanks for reading this, I have been bottling a lot of s**t up and this anonymous space is a start..
I'm not alone and all that.

mate ive said the same thing. And I am bitter lol.

Keep us in mind if you need to chat, its what we're all here for.

King Huskii

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 19, 2022
AFL Club
Fremantle

The thing that I'm so appreciative about this thread is although it's a public forum posters seem very respectful and genuine when posting here.

It's helped me to get things off my chest and it's one avenue if a few that I have used.

Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Wimbledon AFC

Had a motorcycle accident in March. My girlfriend has been great but also terrible at times. So now ex girlfriend.
I feel I should have been happy to go back to work at the start of the month. and I've been working on getting my physical Body repaired. I will probably get back to 95 %
But I'm just worn out every day and then I can't sleep until 3 in the morning.
I'm hating work, hating my boss, hating the way I treated my girlfriend, hating the way she treated me, I have not got any energy at all after work and rehab..
I'm just hanging on at the moment. My blood pressure is through the roof from sitting around
Healing for 9 months.
I just wanna crawl under a rock most days..
Tomorrow will be better hopefully.
Same to you mate.
Happy to talk if you want to let it out.
It's the best way 🙂

Jul 2, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Tomorrow will be better hopefully.
🙂

Its the belief that keeps us all going my friend. Sometimes you just need that one thing to go right. That one good day.

I dont envy you having to get over a big accident, it can put a strain on everyone involved and Ive seen more than one relationship deteriorate as a result.

The best thing I ever did for my own wellbeing was start walking - not neccesarily every day and not at pace or anything, just wandering down around the torrens lake every morning before work or after work, giving myself time to clear my head, relieve the pressure and in the process get a little fitter.

Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Wimbledon AFC
Its the belief that keeps us all going my friend. Sometimes you just need that one thing to go right. That one good day.

I dont envy you having to get over a big accident, it can put a strain on everyone involved and Ive seen more than one relationship deteriorate as a result.

The best thing I ever did for my own wellbeing was start walking - not neccesarily every day and not at pace or anything, just wandering down around the torrens lake every morning before work or after work, giving myself time to clear my head, relieve the pressure and in the process get a little fitter.
I was actually dreaming about walking a few months ago.. 😁 now I need to remember what I would have settled for then..
I have been forcing myself to rehab in the gym and pool every day.
Getting up earlier and going to the gym and going to work awake instead of cramming after work could be a better option for me.
Might help my sleeping pattern.

I want to go for a surf on Christmas day which might not be possible..
Have to be more mindful of every day instead of the future ..

My relationship was pretty ugly in the end.
She is awesome but very clingy and insecure and isn't afraid to speak up while I tend to pull away when things get too hard. Not a great mix.
We were both unhappy in the end ..

Jul 2, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Hi folks

Id like to wish everyone a happy holiday season.

This time of the year can be very difficult for some folks to handle, and we'd like to encourage anyone having a tough time to reach out and contact someone.

Ill be around over the holiday period if anyone needs anything.

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hi guys, I haven’t been around on this thread much lately due to work and life BS. My wife is currently looking after her mom due to Covid19 and depression. So spending time alone and later having dinner at my parents.

Wishing everyone who participates on this thread (as well as the lurkers) a Merry Christmas! Times can be tough around this time, so hang in there and hopefully things will turn around for the better in 2023!
9BABC866-8EDC-49A9-8A49-3E03CFBC54B9.jpeg

raymond35

Club Legend
Jan 5, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood vfl
Hey everyone.
Didn't want to watch the Griswolds on tv tonight, so I ended up watching old Open Mike's on YouTube.
Stumbled across the Brian Lake and Marty Pask one from 2019, which I'd never seen before.
Mind blowing stuff.
If you ever think it's just you who can't cope, this shows otherwise. Incredible interview and Marty is outstanding.
Massive kudos to fox footy for this episode, sad but inspirational to all of us battlers.

King Huskii

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 19, 2022
AFL Club
Fremantle
I had to reach out and call someone tonight. The person was good to speak to.

I haven't hit rock bottom but my life's not great at the moment. I need to be there for my children as they deserve to see me at my best.

I don't hate myself but I look at myself and know I could be so much better. I hate the fact I've not fulfilled my full potential or that I've not been the best towards my childrens mum.

The feeling I have tonight is horrible. I just hope I can get through this and find this better version of myself.

My best mate is away at the moment with his family and it's not the right time to chat with him and I feel lonely inside myself.

I had to reach out and call someone tonight. The person was good to speak to.

I haven't hit rock bottom but my life's not great at the moment. I need to be there for my children as they deserve to see me at my best.

I don't hate myself but I look at myself and know I could be so much better. I hate the fact I've not fulfilled my full potential or that I've not been the best towards my childrens mum.

The feeling I have tonight is horrible. I just hope I can get through this and find this better version of myself.

My best mate is away at the moment with his family and it's not the right time to chat with him and I feel lonely inside myself.
I’m glad you spoke to someone. And writing things down definitely helps as well. Night time is when we are at our lowest ebb, spiritually so here’s hoping you feel a bit better this morning. We can’t change the past but day by day we can improve the future. Good luck and stay strong.

King Huskii

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 19, 2022
AFL Club
Fremantle
I’m glad you spoke to someone. And writing things down definitely helps as well. Night time is when we are at our lowest ebb, spiritually so here’s hoping you feel a bit better this morning. We can’t change the past but day by day we can improve the future. Good luck and stay strong.

Thank you

I'm feeling ok

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Every day is a ******* struggle for me.
Feels like a big one step forward, 2 steps back kinda situation.
My determination not to give up is the only thing pulling me through sometimes.

undefined

probably incorrect
Jun 3, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
QLDer
Every day is a ******* struggle for me.
Feels like a big one step forward, 2 steps back kinda situation.
My determination not to give up is the only thing pulling me through sometimes.
The will to latch on to any ray of light when being emotionally suffocated is a huge asset. This resolve shows the strength of your character.

How are you feeling today?

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ah, that’s no good. I’m sorry to hear that. Do you have anything besides work planned this week?

I hope your Monday is a good one, friend ♥️
Thanks man, appreciate it.
Trying to keep myself busy making footy content. Might go down and watch the boys train this morning too.
Also sports starts back up again which is good.
Its more the times I have alone not doing much that that hit the hardest.

undefined

probably incorrect
Jun 3, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
QLDer
Thanks man, appreciate it.
Trying to keep myself busy making footy content. Might go down and watch the boys train this morning too.
Also sports starts back up again which is good.
Its more the times I have alone not doing much that that hit the hardest.
Yeah head down to Arden St, there's something extra special about watching pre-season training during a rebuild.

It's strange; when times are tough for me (GAD, OCD, MDD), I find bliss in solitude but that comfort really does stifle my recovery. I find running helps a lot - getting your body moving in any way possible can make a world of difference. What are you into besides footy?

I've almost finished my mental health degree so if anyone needs an ear I'm here to help.

I've battled my own demons too, and it does get better, trust me.

I just lost my 11 year old cousin recently in a house fire at Lara and I hit the bottom again for a few days ... It's been quite hard but I'll get through it.

I've been through a bit in my life and made it through the other side. If I can anyone can.

Times get tough. Never be ashamed to ask for help.

Reach out people, I'm here.

❤️

Back