Mod. Notice Depressed? Anxious? Call Beyond Blue (1300 224636), Lifeline (131114), resources in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Going through waves. When ur going for a surf it’s a duck dive to get out to the zone.
Going through waves. When your on top of your sitch and an outside happening and you’re on point.
Going through waves. You own your work environment and then you receive a shock that needs action.
Going through waves.Your skills get you through without blinking but there’s stuff going on.
Going through waves.You start to segment your time and worry.
Going through waves. Your job purpose takes second place and you need to protect
Going through waves. Change of focus to protect your worry.
Going through waves. Being consumed by doubt or worry.
Being depressed is an incredibly common action for day to day life.
The easiest way to interpepret is irritability, anger and fear.
These things don’t wave a flag at you to recognise, they live in the now.
Being able to function get the job done doesn’t kill it.
Its always something you gotta own.
You own it, you rule it. Then you can start putting chips in it.
and piss it off.

I opened up months ago on here after a loss (just a pet but was the final straw in a sh*t 5 year patch)
Losing a pet is never good. Especially if you are suffering. I always found animals to be of more council than humans anyway. A recent passing of a pup hit me harder than any loss of friends or family ever has.

I've just recently taken on another foster greyhound and the benefits of having a furry friend around were immediate noticeable.

Good luck with everything mate.

Losing a pet is never good. Especially if you are suffering. I always found animals to be of more council than humans anyway. A recent passing of a pup hit me harder than any loss of friends or family ever has.

I've just recently taken on another foster greyhound and the benefits of having a furry friend around were immediate noticeable.

Good luck with everything mate.
Yeah cheers mate really appreciate the kind words. We've since adopted another dog in our family to fill the gap and he's been great. Animals never judge us and are happy just getting the simplest needs from humans as I wish I could. It's just my own s**t I need to get on top of and rehab is my last hope. Cannot rely on the useless GP's, regardless of their reputation, and the so called pro's (psychologists and psychiatrists) are just a money hungry ******* joke with no idea of the problems actually faced. The system is ****ed

Yeah cheers mate really appreciate the kind words. We've since adopted another dog in our family to fill the gap and he's been great. Animals never judge us and are happy just getting the simplest needs from humans as I wish I could. It's just my own sh*t I need to get on top of and rehab is my last hope. Cannot rely on the useless GP's, regardless of their reputation, and the so called pro's (psychologists and psychiatrists) are just a money hungry ******* joke with no idea of the problems actually faced. The system is f’ed
I hope it works out for you mate. I agree on the system being ****ed. I've basically given up on Professional help. Even if they are trying it never changed anything. 16 years and things have only gotten worse.

Glad to hear you took in another pup. Fingers crossed things start turning around for you.

If you end up popping back in here after your stay (not sure the right term to use with rehab) I'd be very interested in hearing if there was any benefit or progress made with its help.

But you're taking steps towards healing and thats a massive step. Well done and again, good luck.

Yeah cheers mate really appreciate the kind words. We've since adopted another dog in our family to fill the gap and he's been great. Animals never judge us and are happy just getting the simplest needs from humans as I wish I could. It's just my own sh*t I need to get on top of and rehab is my last hope. Cannot rely on the useless GP's, regardless of their reputation, and the so called pro's (psychologists and psychiatrists) are just a money hungry ******* joke with no idea of the problems actually faced. The system is f’ed
for some people the system can seem very impersonal and inadequate when you're having a real rough time. When I was really suffering the most, the infrequent sessions with GP and psychologist just didnt do enough to relieve the distress I felt every day. For that reason I did heaps of my own research and insisted on developing tools that enabled me to help myself.

It is unfortunate that psychologists can be difficult to access and charge so much per session. Makes an important resource borderline unaffordable for many

Hi all, I’ve been raising funds for the Black Dog institute on a sponsored walk through October. I set myself a 40km goal but I’m up to 60km so I’ll try and smash 100km by the end of the month. Click on the link below to donate:

——————

Hi,

This October, I've challenged myself to walk 40km to make a difference to the lives of people touched by mental illness and suicide.

Because 1 in 5 people in Australia experience symptoms of mental illness every year. And every single day, 8 people will die from suicide.

These statistics are heart breaking, but I know I can make a difference by simply putting one foot forward and walking 40km.

Because the money I raise will fund support tools for people who need them most, as well as life-changing research into the prevention and treatment of mental illness.

I've already walked 60km, and the finish line is in sight. There's no stopping me now!

Will you please support my 40km challenge?

Your donation, no matter how big or small will help change the lives of people living with mental illness:

https://www.onefootforward.org.au/fundraisers/stuartmcdonald

Thank you so much,

Stuart

Someone on this site saved my life today. I was going to commit suicide and he took the time to research and find where I live and called the police to detain me.

I'll get through this now. I haven't stopped crying all day.

Someone on this site saved my life today. I was going to commit suicide and he took the time to research and find where I live and called the police to detain me.

Keep fighting the good fight mate. Stay strong.

Wow, full on, man. Hope you're ok. Reach out when you need to. We're all here for you.

And to whoever it was that saved him, respect - that was amazing what you did.

That’s such good news. There are unsung heroes in this world. Thank him/her by doing all you can to get well. Can you get a pet? Having responsibility for the well-being of another creature is a great focus. Also is someone to talk to that is non-judgmental. Exercise is good too, even brisk walking, gets the positive endorphins moving in the brain.
Wishing you all the best.

I’ve decided to get some help. My wife left me with my beautiful one year old and three year old girls. I was working part-time so she could return to work and concentrate on her corporate career. In her words she wanted to “concentrate on herself and have fun”. I couldn’t care less about myself at the moment, my heart is just absolutely broken for my girls. Hoping talking to someone helps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve decided to get some help. My wife left me with my beautiful one year old and three year old girls. I was working part-time so she could return to work and concentrate on her corporate career. In her words she wanted to “concentrate on herself and have fun”. I couldn’t care less about myself at the moment, my heart is just absolutely broken for my girls. Hoping talking to someone helps.
Get some legal advice so that you can stay in touch with your girls. Good luck. 😔

Your kids are the most important thing & maintaining a good relationship with them is of utmost importance. You have no choice about how your ex behaves.

I feel your pain I have been there . I lost touch with my daughter for a few years but she’s 19 now and we’re ok.

Your kids are the most important thing & maintaining a good relationship with them is of utmost importance. You have no choice about how your ex behaves.

I feel your pain I have been there . I lost touch with my daughter for a few years but she’s 19 now and we’re ok.
All I care about is my girls, I suppose that’s why I’m struggling so much. I just don’t know how you can leave when you have such young kids. I took nine months off work with each kid when she returned to work so the thought of leaving them, even for one night, is killing me. I’m sure it will get easier.

That sucks so much. I don't have kids, but I know men who have been estranged from their kids through divorce, and it is hard to see.
I hope you get to see your girls soon. I bet they miss you.

Really sorry to hear it mate and I sincerely hope things get better for you and the girls. They've clearly got a caring father.

I don't understand how she is going to 'concentrate on herself and have fun' with two children of that age and no partner.

If you need to talk mate feel free to chuck a PM my way. I often find it easier to talk to strangers and away from public. No judgement.

If you need to talk just let me know. All that keeps me going most days is my children. Your girls have a good dad. Don't let what has happened ever change that.

I got slapped with a 5 yr family violance order for having a few drinks with mates. I refused to leave my own house and got arrested. No violance no damage apart from her bullshitting to police. Now i cant go anywhere near my kids, even message them until i fight it in court with money i dont have.

All i have is some clothes and my car.

The system is a joke.

Wow, full on, man. Hope you're ok. Reach out when you need to. We're all here for you.

And to whoever it was that saved him, respect - that was amazing what you did.
I wasnt going to mention names but it was Cataholic. He deserves to be mentioned.

I got slapped with a 5 yr family violance order for having a few drinks with mates. I refused to leave my own house and got arrested. No violance no damage apart from her bullshitting to police. Now i cant go anywhere near my kids, even message them until i fight it in court with money i dont have.

The system is a joke.
have you got some family or friends you can get some support from? Hang tough mate. Circumstances can change pretty quickly so you might find yourself in a better space soon

I wasnt going to mention names but it was Cataholic. He deserves to be mentioned.

I've never been a religious person, but I work in a Catholic primary school and recently had a deeply religious experience. I can't describe it without going into great detail, but I'm off to Alcoholics Anonymous meeting tonight. I want to live to see my kids grow up, if I keep drinking 2 bottles of whiskey every few days that won't happen. So 'God', the catholic God, has told me to go to AA. So I will.

The system is a joke.
Mate that’s so rough, hope you’re holding in there. I’m an ex Detective, I know how easy they are to apply for and get approved. Pm me if you need a chat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back