Mod. Notice Depressed? Anxious? Call Beyond Blue (1300 224636), Lifeline (131114), resources in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Much love brother, appreciate the above. I'm defs looking at the moment, the key is finding the right place as well or else your back in the same situation.

Hopefully something comes up ASAP, can't deal with sleepless nights anymore

What field are you in if you dont mind me asking?

Also you can pm me any time if you need

CW: black humour esp suicide

this thread is as dead as i wish i was

that is depression humour, im ok

shout out to all of us doing it with the big d[epression] and if ur lucky some big a[nxiety] on top

anyway im not bad enough to call hotlines atm and take up their time when someone worse off needs em

but eventually your thoughts as a human, lead to reaching out at least to say "you're not the only one" to someone that reads it

its funny how much regularly-banned posters are the ones that really make me laugh

the tan is a special place

i honestly wouldnt come here without it [bf not this thread HAHA FUNNY campaigner]

i don't need any replies

and i sure don't expect any

Back To School Summer GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

CW: black humour esp suicide

this thread is as dead as i wish i was

that is depression humour, im ok

shout out to all of us doing it with the big d[epression] and if ur lucky some big a[nxiety] on top

anyway im not bad enough to call hotlines atm and take up their time when someone worse off needs em

but eventually your thoughts as a human, lead to reaching out at least to say "you're not the only one" to someone that reads it

its funny how much regularly-banned posters are the ones that really make me laugh

the tan is a special place

i honestly wouldnt come here without it [bf not this thread HAHA FUNNY campaigner]

i don't need any replies

and i sure don't expect any

Back To School Summer GIF by Rodney Dangerfield
Sometimes it can be cyclical, with the peaks and troughs being as long or short as they want to (at times).

I think it's important to enjoy any good moments, and get through any worse or bad moments. At the end of the day, life can change quickly. Sometimes its difficult to change, other times it's easier. But note that there are easier times, and better times. They might feel distant, but sometimes they aren't.

I think you should also call a hotline. That's what they're there for. You're better off doing it when you're 'not bad enough' than waiting until you're 'bad' or 'too bad'. Even just use the online chat function.

The TAN is great, and there's plenty of other posters there too. :)

Sometimes it can be cyclical, with the peaks and troughs being as long or short as they want to (at times).

I think it's important to enjoy any good moments, and get through any worse or bad moments. At the end of the day, life can change quickly. Sometimes its difficult to change, other times it's easier. But note that there are easier times, and better times. They might feel distant, but sometimes they aren't.

I think you should also call a hotline. That's what they're there for. You're better off doing it when you're 'not bad enough' than waiting until you're 'bad' or 'too bad'. Even just use the online chat function.

The TAN is great, and there's plenty of other posters there too. :)
dont get me wrong i have called before but i am at an ideation level not an intent level

i deal with it in large part with humour so a few times lifeline have ended the call cos they think im fine, haha that was confronting the first time that happened

what you say is true, a stitch in time can save nine

the best thing bout the tan is its largely [relatively] informal and unstructured which my mind enjoys

but i always see this thread pinned and nobody posts much, unless the numbers have magically changed i think there is still a need for openness and dialogue around mh but i wouldn't post this in the tan, this is the best place unless im missing something

dont get me wrong i have called before but i am at an ideation level not an intent level

i deal with it in large part with humour so a few times lifeline have ended the call cos they think im fine, haha that was confronting the first time that happened

what you say is true, a stitch in time can save nine

the best thing bout the tan is its largely [relatively] informal and unstructured which my mind enjoys

but i always see this thread pinned and nobody posts much, unless the numbers have magically changed i think there is still a need for openness and dialogue around mh but i wouldn't post this in the tan, this is the best place unless im missing something
It might be worthwhile to say that you tend to use humour as a coping mechanism when you're on the call, perhaps as just a forewarning for the person at the other end. I guess they don't really know who they're going to be confronted with.

But yeah, I mean the this thread can be a bit slow, but perhaps people don't want to talk openly about it at times (which is fine), but if you do that's of course fine also. And if it's the difference between getting something off your chest or not, then I think thats worthwhile.

A lot of people find MH confronting also, whether thats talking about it, or even just trying to help someone else. Some people who you feel might want to help, might just not know how to, or not have the experience or self knowledge in MH. Sometimes the best helpers are others who have MH problems, have found some sort of path forward, or can relate to similar struggles. But yeah, if I see this thread light up with a new post then I definitely try and see if I can help in some capacity, so you shouldn't feel as though you can't talk in here.

i was trying to offer rather than request anything with my post in case that wasn't clear

i am what they call treatment resistant so i have very different convos with my psychologist than someone who meds work on

as you say, peers are the most effective at communicating with each other

to someone with quite mild [not to devalue that] depression, joking about suicide could be disturbing, whereas for those that deal with suicidality every day its a way to show each other they know where they are at

i appreciate you replying and its a conversation which may help de-stigmatise mh difficulties for others which i guess is why i thought i'd bump the thread as i know mh has never been worse in australia statistically speaking

For a period of 3 years I suffered from Mental health, laughter and being around family and friends help. My partner currently in the same position as well it’s a bitch. Talking about it to family or friends or professionals, the start of a healthy life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got a bit carried away at the game today. Drank way too much. Definitely should haven't as i suffer from depression and my wife is pregnant. Got a bit to caught up in the moment. Pretty flat about my behaviour.

Got a bit carried away at the game today. Drank way too much. Definitely should haven't as i suffer from depression and my wife is pregnant. Got a bit to caught up in the moment. Pretty flat about my behaviour.
try not to beat yourself up

depression is hard enough as it is

sounds like you are trying to be 100 percent supportive of your wife

are you a perfectionist by any chance

try not to beat yourself up

depression is hard enough as it is

sounds like you are trying to be 100 percent supportive of your wife

are you a perfectionist by any chance
Yeh the next day is always the worst. Was having a great time with my brother at the game and didn’t keep track on how much we were drinking. Game finished and 30 mins later I was pretty much incoherent.

Yeh definitely a perfectionist or at least try to be!

Thanks mate.

For a period of 3 years I suffered from Mental health, laughter and being around family and friends help. My partner currently in the same position as well it’s a bitch. Talking about it to family or friends or professionals, the start of a healthy life.
I feel ya man, my wife is going through health issues and u can tell its taken a toll on her mentally. I'm going through my own s**t that I feel I can work around (pressure of parenthood, cost of living and trying to figure out what the hell i wanna do with my work life).

I'm too headstrong to talk to a professional as I feel like I can do this on my own. I'm just trying to get a more positive feeling in our household and make it feel good again.

Yeh the next day is always the worst. Was having a great time with my brother at the game and didn’t keep track on how much we were drinking. Game finished and 30 mins later I was pretty much incoherent.

Yeh definitely a perfectionist or at least try to be!

Thanks mate.
amazing how common perfectionism is with depression

I'm in the same boat

it doesn't help anything lol but we just walk down that road automatically

peace tiger

I feel ya man, my wife is going through health issues and u can tell its taken a toll on her mentally. I'm going through my own s**t that I feel I can work around (pressure of parenthood, cost of living and trying to figure out what the hell i wanna do with my work life).

I'm too headstrong to talk to a professional as I feel like I can do this on my own. I'm just trying to get a more positive feeling in our household and make it feel good again.
talking may not cure anything but i have always found something that helps, just by stating how i feel completely uncensored and without worrying what effect it will have on the listener is a weight off the shoulders

with me i can unburden easier with a pro cos i know they are trained to deal with vicarious trauma, and I'm not aware of what other s**t they are going through unlike family n friends sometimes you don't wanna add to their plate

i hope you reach out if it gets too much bro

talking may not cure anything but i have always found something that helps, just by stating how i feel completely uncensored and without worrying what effect it will have on the listener is a weight off the shoulders

with me i can unburden easier with a pro cos i know they are trained to deal with vicarious trauma, and I'm not aware of what other s**t they are going through unlike family n friends sometimes you don't wanna add to their plate

i hope you reach out if it gets too much bro
Thanks brother, I feel sometimes if I just say how I feel and get it off my chest then I feel good.

I defs dont tell family cause you're right, as much as they support us u dont want to add dramas on them when they probs have their own crap to worry about LOL.

I just soldier on and look for the positives!!

Thanks brother, I feel sometimes if I just say how I feel and get it off my chest then I feel good.

I defs dont tell family cause you're right, as much as they support us u dont want to add dramas on them when they probs have their own crap to worry about LOL.

I just soldier on and look for the positives!!
don't get me wrong, i absolutely feel that way but it's not necessarily true re adding to plates

i spoke to lifeline today, lovely lady, and she asked about do i have family etc

when i told her the above reasoning for not bothering them, she asked "would you want your son or sister to not come to you for that reason?"

i got her point

i was just meaning, with you, it might be easier with a stranger, as it was with me at the start

i actually enjoy emotional honesty, but assume others don't want to hear it, which is weird of me haha

don't get me wrong, i absolutely feel that way but it's not necessarily true re adding to plates

i spoke to lifeline today, lovely lady, and she asked about do i have family etc

when i told her the above reasoning for not bothering them, she asked "would you want your son or sister to not come to you for that reason?"

i got her point

i was just meaning, with you, it might be easier with a stranger, as it was with me at the start

i actually enjoy emotional honesty, but assume others don't want to hear it, which is weird of me haha
Keep ya chin up and keep speaking to people if u need to and not be silent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back