Resource Depression/Anxiety the silent killers - everyday is RUOK day. #SpeakUpStayChatTy

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Thank you.

I'm out of Hospital so i'm back in business.

Need to look after myself better in future (i've been in bad places so I do not want it again....
buy i'll try and help anyone)

Great way to get better is talk. Here is good l think because the anonymity still gives you a bit of protection and a shield. Pouring your heart and mind out to someone in an office not frickin' easy 😊

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The acurate one

Thank you for sharing that personal story. It is good for others, especially people like me, to be reminded of things like this from time to time.

I know one fella who had something very similar happen to him (wife leaving for no apparent reason, taking kids etc) and he is happy and healthy twenty years later. Now that his kids are adults he has a good relationship with them and with the grandkids.

GunSchwatta

Senior List
Feb 23, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
images.jpeg-107.jpg

Cyber_punk

Doomer
Feb 16, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
As someone who has been diagnosed with anxiety (especially social) and depression (Depression is gone thanks to a steady supply of SSRIs) it's cathartic to know there are relatable folk here. Anxiety is something I have come to accept that will probably always be there in some capacity, since I guess it means your amygdala is overactive. I just keep my mind busy and try to tire it out so it doesn't have time to worry.

GunSchwatta

Senior List
Feb 23, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
As someone who has been diagnosed with anxiety (especially social) and depression (Depression is gone thanks to a steady supply of SSRIs) it's cathartic to know there are relatable folk here. Anxiety is something I have come to accept that will probably always be there in some capacity, since I guess it means your amygdala is overactive. I just keep my mind busy and try to tire it out so it doesn't have time to worry.

Which SSRI?

I've had them all which has caused as much damage as good.

I'm now on Esclitalopram. Seems ok (PM me anytime)

Cyber_punk

Doomer
Feb 16, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Which SSRI?

I've had them all which has caused as much damage as good.

I'm now on Esclitalopram. Seems ok (PM me anytime)

Sertraline for me. I first took it in 2014 and it made me way more social. This time around it hasn't but it has removed the depressive thoughts. Yep, the side effects can be pretty bad. For me it's been mostly numbing/apathy to stuff. But I suppose it's a better alternative to depressive, dark thoughts every night. Did they do similar to you?

GunSchwatta

Senior List
Feb 23, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Where is DarkPhoenix?

Mods is he OK as he is in Hobart (well last i knew), so happy to help.

If he too busy making babies etc then that's awesome too.

Where is DarkPhoenix?

Mods is he OK as he is in Hobart (well last i knew) so happy to help
Hey mate, I'm fine.

Just don't have as much time for BF nowadays, and don't enjoy it as much with the place being taken over by some less than interesting conversationalists at time.

I'm working PPT and Studying Nursing, so the distraction of BF would be a killer haha.

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So an update as to where I'm currently at, have returned to work 3 days and it was emotional seeing my team, there were a few tears amongst the awesome peeps that make up team acurate one :) Yeah it's not really called that but it should be:p

Also my private life is going well lol I've a date tomorrow night with an attractive lass 12 years my junior. Whether it works out, I suppose actually doesn't matter, but it has lifted my self esteem. So am feeling pretty good about life.

Oh does anyone know if they run courses on encouragement? I've received a couple of texts today from the admin team......

"you can do this older timer"

" just be your normal crazy self "

:think::think::grinning:

Thanks again all, being able to post whatever I feel without fear of judgement has done wonders for me. Looking back sheesh I was in a very dark place.

It does look like I've suffered enough to win an invite to a weekly North players catch up via a mate. Low key dinner at someone house. I'm picking the four players who'll be attending.

Hi Maj :) ?? ?? ??

Am thinking Pittard lol

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So an update as to where I'm currently at, have returned to work 3 days and it was emotional seeing my team, there were a few tears amongst the awesome peeps that make up team acurate one :) Yeah it's not really called that but it should be:p

Also my private life is going well lol I've a date tomorrow night with an attractive lass 12 years my junior. Whether it works out, I suppose actually doesn't matter, but it has lifted my self esteem. So am feeling pretty good about life.

Oh does anyone know if they run courses on encouragement? I've received a couple of texts today from the admin team......

"you can do this older timer"

" just be your normal crazy self "

:think::think::grinning:

Thanks again all, being able to post whatever I feel without fear of judgement has done wonders for me. Looking back sheesh I was in a very dark place.

It does look like I've suffered enough to win an invite to a weekly North players catch up via a mate. Low key dinner at someone house. I'm picking the four players who'll be attending.

Hi Maj :) ?? ?? ??

Am thinking Pittard lol

Back on track TAO ! 👍 Good on 'ya mate. All here happy for you ❤ Sounds like work has been a positive step forward too. 🎯

12 years ? Can you handle it ?

3rlk4r.jpg

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hoju yeah work has been a positive although there is an issue with a new dude who's complete w@nker. But i'll deal with that wearing my most professional hat. Or the switch will flick and I'll be off. I've tried very hard to be more centred and I have made great strides in that area. But there is a possibility good old NN may well make a 'cameo' return. Heaven help him.

He refereed to my team as " cattle class". Integrity- without it you got nothing!

Great question on the 12 yr difference, am not sure how I'll go but yeah I got picked in the side so to speak. Whether I have a good game or not, they cannot take that away from me. lol

And yes man, agree on the vibes. Onward and upward and have made off field changes to some personnel. When you're at your lowest you really do find out who's there for you.

Thanks man!

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well that was an interesting first date....

First ball a booming inswinger that rapped me on the pads. Umpire couldn’t get his finger up quick enough! Thank God for DRS! The faintest of inside edges. I mean Jules is an attractive women no doubt ,her job......

Psychologist!!!! I mean really ?? The last type of person I needed to go on a date with, luckily I didn’t start crying fmd!

Jules is a feeler and I’m a thinker apparently , not even sure I know what that means ? I just nodded when I thought it appropriate. 😬

Best log back in to that site . Wonder if anyone’s thought of combining footy chat with dating ? Now that could work

I had fun though , it was good to put myself out there. 🙏

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well that was an interesting first date....

First ball a booming inswinger that rapped me on the pads. Umpire couldn’t get his finger up quick enough! Thank God for DRS! The faintest of inside edges. I mean Jules is an attractive women no doubt ,her job......

Psychologist!!!! I mean really ?? The last type of person I needed to go on a date with, luckily I didn’t start crying fmd!

Jules is a feeler and I’m a thinker apparently , not even sure I know what that means ? I just nodded when I thought it appropriate. 😬

Best log back in to that site . Wonder if anyone’s thought of combining footy chat with dating ? Now that could work

I had fun though , it was good to put myself out there. 🙏

Four words TAO;

Married at first sight ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Back