Resource Depression/Anxiety the silent killers - everyday is RUOK day. #SpeakUpStayChatTy

Remove this Banner Ad

Booze is a difficult one indeed.
For 18 months I tried to treat my Depression and Aniexty with 6 to 10 pints of beer a night - needless to say, it didn't end well. The last week of Feb this year I lost my job, my home, and nearly took my own life - It was a phone call to lifeline that probably saved it.
I'm a massive advocate in people seeker professional help with their mental health, however when it came to myself, I viewed it as a weakness. I thought that at the age of 46 I should have my sh*t together and was ashamed of myself and the way I was feeling.
Its been six months now, six months today of sobriety, six months of reflection, six months of counselling and although I have a way to go, things are better. Im still searching for work, however volunteer with the Salvos a few days a week. I know I'll find work eventually.
I just wished I sort help earlier.
It would have prevented alot of unnecessary hurt for myself and the hurt I inflicted on others.
I will never drink again- I know it will kill me.
I share the above for one reason only; its ok not to be ok, but its not ok to suffer in silence. There is help is out there. Please don't minimise the importance of your mental health.
I dont really feel comfortable telling people that I was suicidal, however I know its important, because the more we talk about suicide, the less we'll hear about it.

top notch post Cassius.

******* hard enough talking about your feelings - not the easiest thing to give up the grog either. Well done!!

So due to my new found love of country music, and being dumped by my wife, the lovely Ms Lisa sent me this one, hope you enjoy it lol. Silver linings I suppose peeps 😂

Country music, get on board :-D

Know there's been a lot of angst around the board lately, just wanted to say that regardless of your background or opinions, I love every single one of you campaigners, and whether it's covid or non covid induced struggles, hoping you're all doing as good as you can considering the circumstances.

Always here for anyone that needs a chat or to vent.

Stay safe :hearts::thumbsu:

Know there's been a lot of angst around the board lately, just wanted to say that regardless of your background or opinions, I love every single one of you campaigners, and whether it's covid or non covid induced struggles, hoping you're all doing as good as you can considering the circumstances.

Always here for anyone that needs a chat or to vent.

Stay safe :hearts::thumbsu:

Looking forward to g.f. autopsy thread 2021 after a hard fought win and we look back at 2020 and laugh.

At least you can still walk on water, as long as it's within 5 km of your home.
Unless he lives near that Moses cat, he is always parting the water 🙃

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon a good attitude to have Jesus. Always someone doing it worse. Your name suggests you know how to help others. Might be something in that to keep you occupied for the extra 2 weeks.
Just try not to get mistaken for Pinocchio 🙃

All good just frustrated many are doing it much tougher than I am

I hear ya mate.

Everyone doing it tough in different ways, just need to take it easy on each other, be chill, and pay it forward where we can. Easier said than done I know.

Look after yourself mate.

No matter your political / football / religious / sexual or drinking preferences, hope all you buggers R.OK today.

Give a shout out to yer' mates and let them know that they are valued as family and or friends.

Doesn't take much.

Cheers.
Cheers Hoj. Have a Soju or two for me 👍

So hope *ers are doin ok? Still the best thread , filled with beautiful people who care about us. And those equally beautiful people that frustrate the pants of me. Man some of you test my lack of patience. Oh I'll let you work out your category 😉

It's been really tough for us Vic's, yeah there's light at the end of the tunnel for sure. I just hope we've all learnt from this s**t show. Tomorrow isn't guaranteed, * tomorrow , do it today.

That s all, oh I'm a bit pissed, yeah may have broken a law or two today, there was cuddles nd tears, and no women involved. Just some good ol boys.
Peace out.

We all got there TAO. Just gotta stay there and support our mates to get the state, country & globe going again.

Shout out to all our international posters. We are thinking of you. Would assume most of us have travelled to all corners of the world where you may live.

Doing it tough ? Let us know. We are listening 👍

chinup-1457101678.gif

Had a pretty s**t one today. Nothing happened. I’ll be sweet. Sometimes it just gets in your head. Just needed to put it out there. Don’t need a pat on the back or anything...spose I just wanted to vent somewhere. If I told my friends or my wife they’d probably want me to talk about about it and tell me it’s all good or something, but honestly sometimes it’s best just to except how you’re feeling and then get through it. Tomorrow is a new day and all that.

Had a pretty sh*t one today. Nothing happened. I’ll be sweet. Sometimes it just gets in your head. Just needed to put it out there. Don’t need a pat on the back or anything...spose I just wanted to vent somewhere. If I told my friends or my wife they’d probably want me to talk about about it and tell me it’s all good or something, but honestly sometimes it’s best just to except how you’re feeling and then get through it. Tomorrow is a new day and all that.
Always good to vent.

Worst thing you can do is bottle it up.

And this is the perfect place to do it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back