Resource Depression/Anxiety the silent killers - everyday is RUOK day. #SpeakUpStayChatTy

Someone make an argument to why I should not leave this place.

Some people just cause me a lot of anxiety wether it’s on here or in pm’s and im at the point where I just can’t handle it anymore.

Themanbun

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Some people just cause me a lot of anxiety wether it’s on here or in pm’s and im at the point where I just can’t handle it anymore.

Chin up mate. There are some people here you'd rather not deal with but all in all this forum has some fantastic people.

Had a few reach out to me recently and just having that support after we all came here as North fanatics was genuinely heartwarming.

As Nate said the report button alerts mods to any issues.

Feel free to reach out if you need to chat.

You bring a lot to the board and it would be worse off without you. I really appreciate having some female members and getting their perspective, I wish there were more. Besides I am interested in following your journey in getting into the AFLW team.

I only follow the threads I like, you can turn off the watch on others, and try not to get sucked in to responding to people who give you the shits. Too many good posters get turned away, it would be a shame to lose another. At this time of year I wish Pykie was still around.

If there's an issue, you can report content, block user or speak to a mod.
Chin up mate. There are some people here you'd rather not deal with but all in all this forum has some fantastic people.

Had a few reach out to me recently and just having that support after we all came here as North fanatics was genuinely heartwarming.

As Nate said the report button alerts mods to any issues.

Feel free to reach out if you need to chat.
You bring a lot to the board and it would be worse off without you. I really appreciate having some female members and getting their perspective, I wish there were more. Besides I am interested in following your journey in getting into the AFLW team.

I only follow the threads I like, you can turn off the watch on others, and try not to get sucked in to responding to people who give you the shits. Too many good posters get turned away, it would be a shame to lose another. At this time of year I wish Pykie was still around.
Thanks guys, I shouldn’t let those people get to my head. Appreciate it

I hope that things have gotten better for you now on here mate. You add a lot of value.
Thanks lomas, I just immediately do something else if I get worked up but feeling good 💕

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Been having computer issues the last week (basically the last 3 months) and its really put things into perspective for me as I tried to pass the time at home just waiting for a delivery of parts and service.
Life's really short and for a guy who's spent the last 2 years at home due to covid etc this hit me pretty hard.
Need to start living my life a lot more than I have been recently.

Themanbun

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Has anyone else noticed the tendency for the manipulative, nasty types in any given workplace, whose actions exacerbate and cause mental health issues in their colleagues, are the ones most vocal about the 'R U OK?' stuff? It just feels all very performative and as much as I love the thought behind these initiatives, we probably won't see any meaningful change so long as power dynamics remain unchanged.

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Today I had no choice but larf, the Uni I work for has as some would know made some changes to their structure to accommodate Covid. So in their most provincial way they made two people redundant in the department where I work. Myself and my boss.

So they will pay out two and put on three, my role will now be divided between Metro & Regional. So two new staff will share what I did and both will be on more coin than I was on . L O ******* L.

My bosses role has been downgraded. But it will be retained.

This is 100% purely based on the events I've been through. Makes no sense and will cost them more. I'll get north of 140K in my pocket. So I'm not stressed, but do wonder whether this is another case of harassment? Do I push the envelope? Do I want another battle?

But what a couple of years this has been for me.

Today I had no choice but larf, the Uni I work for has as some would know made some changes to their structure to accommodate Covid. So in their most provincial way they made two people redundant in the department where I work. Myself and my boss.

So they will pay out two and put on three, my role will now be divided between Metro & Regional. So two new staff will share what I did and both will be on more coin than I was on . L O ******* L.

This is 100% purely based on the events I've been through. Makes no sense and will cost them more. I'll get north of 140K in my pocket. So I'm not stressed, but do wonder whether this is another case of harassment? Do I push the envelope? Do I want another battle?

Walk away mate, start fresh elsewhere imo. You'll be better of for it, emotionally and mentally. Imo.

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Yep, move on. It will consume you wholly otherwise. Between the c c.p. virus and the other crap you've endured.........start a new chapter.

Last edited:

Themanbun

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Unis love a good 'restructure' to get rid of people they don't like. Hilariously the person usually ends up much better off being let go.

Even Denis *ing Denuto could help you out, although the easy way out is likely mentally healthier.
It's the vibe The acurate one

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Speak to an employment lawyer just to get a view of where you stand and don't sign any release. It could be constructive dismissal. Based on the other posts I've read you may well be able to put another hefty chunk on that payout figure.

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Speak to an employment lawyer just to get a view of where you stand and don't sign any release. It could be constructive dismissal. Based on the other posts I've read you may well be able to put another hefty chunk on that payout figure.

yeah I will do and thanks. I've at least another month of employment so I will invest that time wisely. I'm now working from home fulltime. The sun was lovely today, thoroughly enjoyed it. Funny thing I got asked to forecast the rest of 2021 budget. I told the dude he should check the ORG chart. Oh yes , don't worry about it .

The overlords feel it should be business as usual and that I should continue to strive for great things. And I'm WTF, you're kidding. The Ex Director rang me and told me about my options, my only comment was, "you took a huge s**t on my chest, you wanna push this"?

yeah I will do and thanks. I've at least another month of employment so I will invest that time wisely. I'm now working from home fulltime. The sun was lovely today, thoroughly enjoyed it. Funny thing I got asked to forecast the rest of 2021 budget. I told the dude he should check the ORG chart. Oh yes , don't worry about it .

The overlords feel it should be business as usual and that I should continue to strive for great things. And I'm WTF, you're kidding. The Ex Director rang me and told me about my options, my only comment was, "you took a huge sh*t on my chest, you wanna push this"?
Bit of a bummer about having to work from home. I will always remember the imagined look of disgust when I rang in to chuck a sickie at a place I had been at for about 10 years, funny as. You have been robbed of that opportunity ..... I guess you could keep hitting snooze :-D

Back