Brownlow Medallist
Apr 23, 2005
Tas
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
D'Backs, Hurricanes
Hang in there don’t ever ever give up
it’s never bad for too long you’ll see the sunset and rise it’s beautiful even if it’s just a glimpse it takes your breath away just focus on the good things believe me it works
When? I’ve been down every available path and I can’t find a way out of this sh*t

Stickitupthem

Senior List
Jun 2, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
When? I’ve been down every available path and I can’t find a way out of this sh*t
I can guarantee you that when the sun rises it’s a new day and when you get to the next day it brings a new start
And whatever brings you happiness will remind you of why your here believe me it’s powerful think positive try it it works block the negative thoughts out and think of the next day when the sun rises again and a new positive day begins

MannumPower

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 15, 2006
Mannum
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Alberton Swamprats, Sunderland
It’s coming up on 8 months now that I’ve battled the urge to throw myself from a cliff, drive into the nearest truck, or take a concoction of drugs and drift away off this mortal coil. My only fear is that there is no immortal coil, and that I have the most beautiful 4 year old daughter who deserves better...yet here I am standing on the edge again wondering whether any of its worth it
Hang in there mate, as tough as your mind is telling you things are, it’s only temporary, it will get better. Just keep thinking of your daughter and all the wonderful memories you are yet to create with her. You have to just keep pushing . I have been been where you are numerous times, it’s the worst but trust me you can get through it and you will. If you don’t want to call beyond blue at least post on their forums, you can be anonymous and get everything off your chest . Whatever it is that’s getting you this way you need to talk about it and work through it. Write your thoughts down , that can help too. Whenever those negative thoughts come in acknowledge them and then get rid of them and think of positive things. Your daughters laugh , her smile , her hugs , there are plenty of positives in your life they are just clouded at the moment.

Supersuns

You think you know me
Mar 14, 2014
Bendigo
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Roys FFC
Just passed 3 months sober and finding my mental health finally starting to improve after the cluster fu** of 2020. Was in an absolute hole 3 months ago so being able to get this far has been a huge win already. Anyone trying to hold on please keep holding on because it can get better and better. Get the help you need and keep focusing on the little wins. The world's a much better place with you in it

Run n Spread

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
I can guarantee you that when the sun rises it’s a new day and when you get to the next day it brings a new start
And whatever brings you happiness will remind you of why your here believe me it’s powerful think positive try it it works block the negative thoughts out and think of the next day when the sun rises again and a new positive day begins
That's what I'm trying to do. Just each new day. And do something

Run n Spread

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Starting to melt again. Everything I touch turns to sh*t my life is falling apart I'm stressed over everything and all it ever seems some day the it goes to sh*t

Run n Spread

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
My life really has gone to sh*t. Not much I can do now except clean up my mess accept that this is as good as gets for me and try and stay away from others and keep my business. It was idiotic of me to think I could do anything. Just need to calm down work through my situation and find a way through life my own way.

Run n Spread

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm too depressed for work. Cant face it anymore. I give it another year max than I'll need to step down potentially.
Too many people and I just want to be alone. I have no idea what to do
GP was good but they can only provide pills and a referral. I can't afford therapy expensive as I need the what money I have for other stuff and potentially things can fall apart in a day with me so will need to leave work.

Shell

Premium Platinum
Jul 2, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Struggling again.

This sleep thing is getting annoying. Want to sleep for 8 hours. Only sleep 2 at a time now.

Work can get fkd.. will half heartedly look for a job

Cuzz09

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
I'm too depressed for work. Cant face it anymore. I give it another year max than I'll need to step down potentially.
Too many people and I just want to be alone. I have no idea what to do
GP was good but they can only provide pills and a referral. I can't afford therapy expensive as I need the what money I have for other stuff and potentially things can fall apart in a day with me so will need to leave work.

can u ask to work from home or an isolated area at work

Run n Spread

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
can u ask to work from home or an isolated area at work
No. No empty areas anymore.
Struggling again.

This sleep thing is getting annoying. Want to sleep for 8 hours. Only sleep 2 at a time now.

Work can get fkd.. will half heartedly look for a job
Is there anyway you could work for yourself in the same or another field or work casually? Or just not up for it.
You've mentioned it before thou dont know if you want it on here

Run n Spread

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Nah its ok mate. Education /integration aide
Yeah well I know what it means to not want to do anything.
I'm sick of people and life.
It's this weird thing where the more you try the more it blows up in your face. (God forbid you try and be straight with people and not follow some weird social unwritten rule I don't understand anyway)
Add to that when the sh*t really hits the fan you're swinging in the breeze.
I feel like I'm better off in my room and finding something else to do.

Shell

Premium Platinum
Jul 2, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Ah look i was having some seriously sh*t days the past few days. But i guess as we get older and more mature my coping skills are a bit better. So im (sort of) ok now.

Sleep is still an issue and i would just like ONCE to sleep a solid 6-7 hours

Run n Spread

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
I just don't fit with society. I really don't. Something obviously through no fault of anyone just misfired in the neurones and left me useless.
I don't like loud noises or other weird social cues. I get too stressed too easily.
Ultimately I can put on an act but sick of it all
I really don't know maybe I'm just lonely. And can't be bothered acting anymore. Just sick of it

Remove this Banner Ad