Health Depression

Shell

Premium Platinum
Jul 2, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
K i dragged out my (small) collection of dance CDs: move your body, blue, better off alone, communication (somebody answer the phone), blow ya mind, pitchin!!!! hahaha love that.

Oh Adelante. f*n mad song. Love Sash. Stay another good one

Killer 2000, Paradox, B-boys and fly girls, gotta tell you, Operation Blade LOVE that, Jackie. Man Jackie was a massive song. Horny, Addicted 2 Bass, get get down, red alert, king of my castle, Silence. Damn Silence is a great track, Sun is shining. The Launch!!!!!!!!1 hahaha, Instant Moments. Rapture, Hide you, another chance, Flawless. Forever Young, Conaine, Thunderstruck.

Something. Oh thats one of the best.

/right im putting on Adelante rn

Shell

Premium Platinum
Jul 2, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
90s were the greatest. 2000s dont really compare. Or 80s.

Move your body just came on. Very different version- the piano intro is just gorgeous.

I love Blue tho. That was their best song, so much fun.

raskolnikov

Premium Platinum
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Canterbury Cincinnati
90s were the greatest. 2000s dont really compare. Or 80s.

Move your body just came on. Very different version- the piano intro is just gorgeous.

I love Blue tho. That was their best song, so much fun.

80s were the best by far. It was all downhill from there.

MannumPower

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 15, 2006
Mannum
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Alberton Swamprats, Sunderland
I’ve come to the realisation today that so much of my depression comes from me feeling like I’m not needed. My kids always seek out my wife for everything, she’s the smart one , sensitive one, caring one. I’m just dad who works. I hate myself so much too, I can hardly look at myself in the mirror. I have no confidence in myself and live with almost constant anxiety. For years now the only way I can fall asleep is to think about what it would be like to not be here anymore, I dream of being in a coma or just disappearing. It’s like a comfort to me in some weird way. I had a mini breakdown the other day and asked if my family would like me to just leave , I love them all but I feel I bring them all down all the time.
anyway just needed to get this off my chest as it’s been weighing on me so much lately. It’s so sad there are so many of us struggling out there every single day for no real reason that we can see.

Shell

Premium Platinum
Jul 2, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Feeling so much better this week than last week.

Chatting to a guy which is always fun, making contact with others, eg. friends +family. Ones that want to see me anyway. Have deleted text message convos of the two that barely acknowledged me when I was so upset last week.

And its pretty good considering school goes back today. And im lying on the couch in my PJs still just chilling, listening to a 2003 Dance Mix. Instead of.. listening to the Principal drone on for 1.5 hours from 9am. :thumbsupv1:

HomerThompson

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2006
Terror Lake
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Isotopes
I’ve come to the realisation today that so much of my depression comes from me feeling like I’m not needed. My kids always seek out my wife for everything, she’s the smart one , sensitive one, caring one. I’m just dad who works. I hate myself so much too, I can hardly look at myself in the mirror. I have no confidence in myself and live with almost constant anxiety. For years now the only way I can fall asleep is to think about what it would be like to not be here anymore, I dream of being in a coma or just disappearing. It’s like a comfort to me in some weird way. I had a mini breakdown the other day and asked if my family would like me to just leave , I love them all but I feel I bring them all down all the time.
anyway just needed to get this off my chest as it’s been weighing on me so much lately. It’s so sad there are so many of us struggling out there every single day for no real reason that we can see.
I hear ya. I'm having a really shitty week on this front - on one level I know it's not true but the rest of my brain whirrs away and fogs every day with crap to the point that I struggle to do anything beyond eat, work (barely) and waiting to fall asleep. Doing what I can to break patterns and exercise but even so I'm just sick of it.

Run n Spread

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Tried sitting down and putting a plan together. Need to slowly rebuild my life. One thing thou is I'm not even angry at certain things anymore just worn down. Am at the point where if you're not engaging positively with me or putting me in my place I'm not giving you any time or consideration. Just had enough.
I have too many issues to work through and while I'm far far from perfect neither is anybody else so relationships or communication cuts both ways.
Rant over. (This was irl not anyone on the thread)
I need to deal with depression and work out a life that's mine and works for me.

Shell

Premium Platinum
Jul 2, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Im starting to get really annoyed at ppl having a go at others, using stuff they see in this thread (or from my perspective- other boards) against you.

The Old Dark Navy's it has happened on this board, to me. Different thread- a travel thread.

And now it has happened on GD.

Be careful ppl. Be really ******* careful with what you share and how you share it.

Shell

Premium Platinum
Jul 2, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Tried sitting down and putting a plan together. Need to slowly rebuild my life. One thing thou is I'm not even angry at certain things anymore just worn down. Am at the point where if you're not engaging positively with me or putting me in my place I'm not giving you any time or consideration. Just had enough.
I have too many issues to work through and while I'm far far from perfect neither is anybody else so relationships or communication cuts both ways.
Rant over. (This was irl not anyone on the thread)
I need to deal with depression and work out a life that's mine and works for me.
I like lists myself. Hand written- dont do computer (unless you prefer that)- i find them.... idk. good.

At work i even had colour coded lists LOL.

Im a nerd.

Run n Spread

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Im starting to get really annoyed at ppl having a go at others, using stuff they see in this thread (or from my perspective- other boards) against you.

The Old Dark Navy's it has happened on this board, to me. Different thread- a travel thread.

And now it has happened on GD.

Be careful ppl. Be really ******* careful with what you share and how you share it.
Unfortunately this is true. Some people love to attack at any opportunity. Whether it's make up they are sh*t stirring or want to feel superior but they will zero in.
Hate to say but the world's a minefield.
Also extremely pissed off with certain people. Harsh as it is if I can't avoid humour them. I'm trying to readjust my extreme distaste and just get on with life with my list but am seriously pissed off.
What makes others so morally superior they stand in judgement? What's so ******* great about them?

Nov 8, 2000
Head in the clouds
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Nottingham Forest
*yes i should hit report blah blah blah.

But you read it, it hurts, its too late for report.
Still, let us have a look at it so we know who is doing it and how, and we may be we to dissuade in the future. Stuff like this should be out of bounds and I'm sure Chief will agree.

Catsnlakers

The World needs more Hank Moody’s.
Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
L.A Angels, Anaheim Ducks & M.Stars
So glad to have found this thread, have been on pristiq for 5 years now, have recently been back to my psychologist who recommended do stuff you enjoy & get back to having a laugh.... So I choose to try & do that on here....Great support on BF. 👍

MannumPower

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 15, 2006
Mannum
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Alberton Swamprats, Sunderland
So glad to have found this thread, have been on pristiq for 5 years now, have recently been back to my psychologist who recommended do stuff you enjoy & get back to having a laugh.... So I choose to try & do that on here....Great support on BF. 👍
I’ve been on pristiq for about 7 years am about to see if I can change as I’m not sure they are as affective on me now.

Remove this Banner Ad