Billy ray

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
A couple of recent posts here really ring true for me, one that I seem to have gotten through, and another I have just begun to face

Macca, mate, this sounds exactly like me, except 1 kid instead of 3. It even sounds like a similar timeline of events. I moved out, crashed hard but not always, and the crashes always lined up with the days I didn’t see my daughter. Mixed messages to the absolute extreme from the ex. After a few weeks, months I “felt better”. It wasn’t the case at all. I crashed hard month after month, earned myself an FVO from the police (never got physical…except with a car 🤦‍♂️), I moved away (dumbest thing I ever did), moved back, pined over a love lost when in reality it was not being a full time parent.
What I’m trying to say, in my experience, is that you may tell yourself you feel ok, and you might, but it could turn at a moments notice. I would get this way and my only outlet was abuse. I wasn’t a nice person. Anyway I luckily didn’t lose it all. People told me it takes time. I told them to fu** off…I found out it takes time 🙄

If you ever wanna chat, or share experiences, or just get a perspective from someone who’s done it, whatever mate, drop me a line. The only people I had around me to help were happily married. Didn’t have much time for that!

I’m 3 months into this journey, and I’m feeling the cracks opening up that I’ll try my best to never show, and it’s only early on and her health is still basically in tact besides from hospital stints and being crook post chemo. I wish you all the very best mate, I really do as someone who’s only been in this for one eighth of the time you have
All the best too mate

Run n Spread

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Am just hating life ATM. Nothing works or gets better. I really should be going well but I'm just spent. Just destroyed ATM.

Perth gal

Premiership Player
Oct 19, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I’ve been up and down up and down, honestly it’s been a hard 2 years. My psychologist who Ive been making good progress with wants me to see a psychiatrist. Getting into to see one is so hard.

Just have to keep plugging away I guess.

Run n Spread

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’ve been up and down up and down, honestly it’s been a hard 2 years. My psychologist who Ive been making good progress with wants me to see a psychiatrist. Getting into to see one is so hard.

Just have to keep plugging away I guess.
Same but not really. I was recommended a psychiatrist but in between the cost waiting times and those awkward introduction questions ( why are you here? How do you feel? It ain't worth it.....not to mention there are questions of treatment and what exactly these people are doing?)
One good thing I did today was have a positive conversation after ringing someone and went for a swim.
Just do 1 good thing tomorrow if you can.

Lethality

Most successful team in your lifetime
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Hawks, NY Rangers
My day was productive yesterday but today I just feel restless and worried.

I had a panic attack in the morning. I downloaded Red Dead yesterday but I don't feel like playing, or eating.

In the past I starved myself to escape my feelings, so maybe I will lose a bit of weight, or self harm in other ways.

It's hard to tell if my feelings are rational or not. Maybe I'll snap out of it all of a sudden or maybe this is normal.

GROTTO

TheBrownDog
Jul 5, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
My day was productive yesterday but today I just feel restless and worried.

I had a panic attack in the morning. I downloaded Red Dead yesterday but I don't feel like playing, or eating.

In the past I starved myself to escape my feelings, so maybe I will lose a bit of weight, or self harm in other ways.

It's hard to tell if my feelings are rational or not. Maybe I'll snap out of it all of a sudden or maybe this is normal.

Try to do any activity that brings you any happiness.

You mentioned you downloaded a movie, maybe there is a movie you have not seen for a long time that you love, try downloading that and watching it.

Dont starve yourself, try and find food that you really enjoy and indulge in that. Is there any particular meals you love?

Lethality

Most successful team in your lifetime
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Hawks, NY Rangers
Try to do any activity that brings you any happiness.

You mentioned you downloaded a movie, maybe there is a movie you have not seen for a long time that you love, try downloading that and watching it.

Dont starve yourself, try and find food that you really enjoy and indulge in that. Is there any particular meals you love?
I had an icecream today, and I've been watching the Sopranos as a bit of escapism.

I'll probably try and see my psychiatrist a bit earlier. I called lifeline as well.

Kram

I'll brik u
May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
I had an icecream today, and I've been watching the Sopranos as a bit of escapism.

I'll probably try and see my psychiatrist a bit earlier. I called lifeline as well.
sopranoschitchat.jpg

I was a bit stressed the other day but just watching this gave us a good laugh for a couple of minutes.

GROTTO

TheBrownDog
Jul 5, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Some TV shows, you can so absorbed into it, you feel as if you are sitting in the corner of the room watching it unfold.

Ice cream is my fav vice, I love it too much unfortunately.

I hope you enjoy the rest of the day with Soprano's and Ice cream. Good plan to see your psychiatrist during the week as well.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad