Health Depression

Remove this Banner Ad

Run n Spread

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
I don't know what's happened to me these last times. I've lost all motivation and drive. So many things I could do but can't. too much s**t these last 3 years have denied everyone

Run n Spread

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
I wanna kill myself but I won't still got 20 years left. Still sick of ******* work thou so no more bullshit

Run n Spread

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Do you hate the job? The people? Or just the process of getting up every weekday, going to work, coming home, rinse and repeat.
That I hate work I hate the process I hate been a ******* slave and having jack s**t to show for it. I hate where I live and hate ******* Melbourne. My actual job I like and want to continue just not sure I'll be able to get work in 3 years interstate because I want out

Engimal v3

https://www.stan.com.au/sport
Sep 21, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tasmania
Feeling like a drain on my partner. Life is getting unbearable.

Awakening

Club Legend
Oct 23, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
Feeling like a drain on my partner. Life is getting unbearable.

Well that’s a crappy feeling. Can you talk to your partner about it?

My anxiety is a constant companion and a drain on my family.

If only there was a magic wand.

Engimal v3

Sep 21, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tasmania
Well that’s a crappy feeling. Can you talk to your partner about it?

My anxiety is a constant companion and a drain on my family.

If only there was a magic wand.

Yeah, but she's starting to get exhausted. I know she'll always be by my side, but it's a rotten feeling to know you're burdening someone.

She's not being nasty or anything, but I can just tell she's getting stretched a bit thin.

Have an appointment on Saturday to discuss medication with my GP, at the recommendation of my psychologist though. The last 3 days have also been my first days sober this year. Small steps.

Awakening

Club Legend
Oct 23, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
I’m glad she’s supportive.

Getting the right medication can be challenging.

I’ve been sober for 18 months, and not going to lie those early days were tough but * me Im so glad to be free of it.

My therapist kept saying that I needed to learn to sit with my feelings and I really wanted to say you sit with these ******* feelings!

I had to think of it like going to the gym with zero fitness and working my way slowly towards fitness, increasing my strength etc, but there were some really tough days.

ash_1050

Premiership Player
Nov 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory and Arsenal
That I hate work I hate the process I hate been a ******* slave and having jack s*t to show for it. I hate where I live and hate ****** Melbourne. My actual job I like and want to continue just not sure I'll be able to get work in 3 years interstate because I want out

Sounds like you need to change something up mate. Get a new job, move towns, book a holiday, just something to mix it up. If you're hating everything about your life then focus on making a couple of big changes and start planning on how to make them work.

Engimal v3

Sep 21, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tasmania
Started on Lexapro yesterday. Will take a few weeks to kick in, but I think it's going to help.

Weird side effect - took my first dose yesterday and my eyes had the same feeling as you get when a MDMA or an LSD trip is about to start lol

My vision was a bit funny, and it felt like my pupils were super dialated. I checked in the mirror and I looked fine, but it felt weird.

metic

Club Legend
Nov 20, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Started on Lexapro yesterday. Will take a few weeks to kick in, but I think it's going to help.

Weird side effect - took my first dose yesterday and my eyes had the same feeling as you get when a MDMA or an LSD trip is about to start lol

My vision was a bit funny, and it felt like my pupils were super dialated. I checked in the mirror and I looked fine, but it felt weird.
ssri ok , hope you feel the effects soon, I believe you can feel immediate effects but it is generally known to take weeks / months

Remove this Banner Ad