Health Depression

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone heard the saying things are going to get worse before they get better? In a position now where I probably just need to act decisively and get it over with rather than suffering death by a thousand cuts so to speak. Just don't have the energy to deal with more s**t thou.

What's up Run n Spread ? Talk to us.

Yep, just put your hand up in front of your face and refuse to take anybody else's negativity on board. It has taken me a long time to put myself first. Ended my marriage so I could find peace. My anxiety is still there and will probably always be because I'm wired that way but I instinctively shut down anything that is going to trigger me. You just have to have some self compassion and recognise you are worthy of empathy.

I love these threads where people are hunting answers rather than hunting 'likes'
Clinical depression doesn't necessarily come about for what others think about you, but often the two can be bound.

I recall telling my daughter when she was 18, that her life won't be easy.
She was disappointed and asked me why her life won't be 'fun' and I told her it can be but only on her terms and not others' terms.
I did so because she challenged the mainstream think and the result of that will often bring about making more enemies than friends and sure enough that outcome panned out accordingly and now she's somehow taught herself that being 'happy' isn't the be-all and end-all.

I'm sure I've put it here before, but as much as one can, don't get down when life doesn't fit into the mainstream groove.
I wonder if there's something in that, the people I find most interesting in life are those that have struggled through life. Maybe and maybe not, but the numbers sure seem to be stacked in our direction.

Let's keep this thread active. It's a good one.

For those people who are suffering and you have tried lots of things and nothing seems to work.
Give Tramadol a go at 50mg.... it gives a slight serotonin release.
See how it makes you feel after you take it and if you feel better than usually do when u wake up the next day.
Some people will have a cry (including doctors etc) and say it's addictive etc... but no one should have to suffer depression.

Good luck amigos.

What's up Run n Spread ? Talk to us.

Not much. Which is a problem. Need a new job/possible new move but unsure what to do. Need to work and even if I was to start my own business/project even get a new job I honestly haven't the faintest idea where to begin. (Aside from the obvious). Seem to have lost the ability to change course/support myself in a new way. So am stuck in a pattern. Alternatively could just quit but that really leaves me open to problems.

Update problem is now I'm having that many problems at work and other I worry it will affect my next employment prospect and start. Right now am sick of work and the whole concept.

Last edited:
For those people who are suffering and you have tried lots of things and nothing seems to work.
Give Tramadol a go at 50mg.... it gives a slight serotonin release.
See how it makes you feel after you take it and if you feel better than usually do when u wake up the next day.
Some people will have a cry (including doctors etc) and say it's addictive etc... but no one should have to suffer depression.

Good luck amigos.

Tramadol will indeed work int he short term for depression

BUT

my concern is if it actually makes the problem worse suppressing the users natural serotonin levels much like the effects of ecstasy... sure you feel good when you're on it but worse later.

where as ssris might fix the problem over the long run tramadol may be what like benzos are for anxiety...a short term band aid that his highly addictive.

hopefully some experts can chime in on this.

Sometimes I reckon the basics of life others take for granted seem beyond me. (I know everyone has struggles issues etc) but at times I seem to struggle with the most basic of things. Like some part of my brain or psyche didn't develop

Sometimes I reckon the basics of life others take for granted seem beyond me. (I know everyone has struggles issues etc) but at times I seem to struggle with the most basic of things. Like some part of my brain or psyche didn't develop

You may have already related your situation here, but what are you finding about yourself to be 'potentially' ****** ?

This may well be quite a generalisation, but most thinking people will find many facets of life somewhat unsavoury.
This may or may not have much to do with depression, but I can understand some would become despondent, when all the facts of life are unpacked.
Is this really a bad thing though? Live like a vegetable and be 'happy' or open ones eyes to see that much isn't quite right?

You may have already related your situation here, but what are you finding about yourself to be 'potentially' ****** ?

This may well be quite a generalisation, but most thinking people will find many facets of life somewhat unsavoury.
This may or may not have much to do with depression, but I can understand some would become despondent, when all the facts of life are unpacked.
Is this really a bad thing though? Live like a vegetable and be 'happy' or open ones eyes to see that much isn't quite right?

Can't really go into it now. Some other time.

I think it is healthy to have a grasp some things aren't right. I guess we just have to navigate through.

I'm struggling with this right now, to the point where I can barely concentrate on anything significant. This s**t ruins lives. I feel for any of you who are experiencing this, too.

Yeh it can get pretty bad, to the point where it just loops every week and you stay in a hole for a long time.

The best way I've found is trying to stay organised and breathing slower, drink more water/hydration, write down goals and have notepads handy..

The hardest part is low self esteem, if you feel good and do climb out of depression then you still feel like you're not good enough, whether it's potential friends or dates, you just assume you're no good. That's a constant thing, even with jobs and promotions, you just assume that everyone is better. It's just awful.

Depression + Low self esteem is really hard to cope with.

Yeh it can get pretty bad, to the point where it just loops every week and you stay in a hole for a long time.

The best way I've found is trying to stay organised and breathing slower, drink more water/hydration, write down goals and have notepads handy..

The hardest part is low self esteem, if you feel good and do climb out of depression then you still feel like you're not good enough, whether it's potential friends or dates, you just assume you're no good. That's a constant thing, even with jobs and promotions, you just assume that everyone is better. It's just awful.

Depression + Low self esteem is really hard to cope with.

Yeah. I live in my own little world. I don't like the real one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with this, 100%.

quote-i-think-the-saddest-people-always-try-their-hardest-to-make-people-happy-because-they-robin-williams-82-53-82.jpg

Did he delete his comment? Wasn't sober enough to respond properly last night. I was going to say, unplanned pregnancies are the norm, or we would fail to replicate. He should just do his best, and the rest should fall into place.

I think the first thing you should do is find out the facts.
Did he delete his comment? Wasn't sober enough to respond properly last night. I was going to say, unplanned pregnancies are the norm, or we would fail to replicate. He should just do his best, and the rest should fall into place.

I posted and deleted. 3/4 sure there is no issue but not 100%.

Don't have all the facts (not a relationship if you get my drift) but a long way to go. But in all honesty 90% sure and nothing I can do until facts are known.

s**t could potentially hit the fan but it is all potential.

As a male (and gentlemen believe me) it is out of my hands totally. I guess I'll just use the intervening period to sort out the other 999 things going wrong.

One thing I will say. You can't assume (and this is in any sphere) people will negotiate in good faith. They don't. Just quietly find your way around and just try and find your place. I'm at the point where I should just buy a Caravan, pick up work where I can and live simply. But have an issue (as above) that needs sorting out. I shouldn't have got myself in this situation (in my state) but I did so just have to work through it I guess.

Last edited:
Sorry to emote but work sleep work sleep etc is my pattern...As in I sleep but work when I have to (ironically my """career""" is going quite well but another story). I just don't follow a normal 24 hour pattern anymore.

Early starts and the stress I've been under means I've been physically unable to cope the last couple of weeks. Have a weird flu now even if it is too early in the season.

I feel like a human volcano. Everything has just blown up on me.

I really need someone to talk to. (As in a lawyer/friend to give me advice). And not this bullshit "he needs psychological support" which is just used as a weapon to beat someone over the head with.

If I had the money I would go to rehab. I don't mean the come to Jeebus moment but more the 28 day break and sort your s**t out. But I can't and have to make decisions on the run.

Last edited:
Sorry to emote but work sleep work sleep etc is my pattern...As in I sleep but work when I have to (ironically my """career""" is going quite well but another story). I just don't follow a normal 24 hour pattern anymore.

Early starts and the stress I've been under means I've been physically unable to cope the last couple of weeks. Have a weird flu now even if it is too early in the season.

I feel like a human volcano. Everything has just blown up on me.

I really need someone to talk to. (As in a lawyer/friend to give me advice). And not this bullshit "he needs psychological support" which is just used as a weapon to beat someone over the head with.

If I had the money I would go to rehab. I don't mean the come to Jeebus moment but more the 28 day break and sort your s**t out. But I can't and have to make decisions on the run.

Don't know what to tell you. Clearly, you're having a rough time and if life were a face you'd punch that campaigner in the head and drop them in that volcano you're feeling.

Deleting/deactivating social media helped me a lot

Yeah, got hooked on Twitter trying to gain followers so I could promote my book if it ever got published. I deleted it, and just have an account for lurking now. Same with FB, deactivated it and would've deleted it if it weren't for keeping in touch with some people with messenger. I have noticed the improvement in my mood without social media.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back