Health Depression

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking after family members since this has happened has made me realise the struggles they have not only growing up but still as adults. From my own experience they wanted to have a negative affect on me and drag me into their world of negativity and a low sense of self confidence and unhappiness. Yes, even your own family can be jealous of you and not want them to be '' higher '' than them. More happy, more successful, just more than in general.

Doing my best to remain the way I am. Positive, happy and very confident. But I will tell you that yes negative energy is contagious and no matter how happy and content you are, you must work consistently and persistently to keep it healthy and not let others drag you down. And that includes your own family. Finally I will add that growing up a lot of the issues I had, were actually there's. I can see why people disown their own family or want to steer well away from them.

Take care guys and do your best to remain healthy.

I got on top of it pretty quick guys and have had to distant myself from said loved ones. Great people but I won't be drawn into the negative ways of others. You can only help people so much. I hope you can do the same and I hope a lot of you here can realise if you don't already, that you're actually pretty cool people but have had a combination of negative people around you ( instilling negtaive ways and beloief into you ) as well as life hitting you head on between the eyes. Yes, believe it or not, not everything is YOUR fault. You're allowed to put yourself first.

God bless guys have a great Easter and look after yourselves.

This whole thing is totally ****ed. I've come to realise that I was hanging on an edge anyway and the covoid situation has just rather than giving a break merely ****ed things further.
Am sick of being cooped up and am illequipped to work from home. Everything has just smashed me all at once and there is no strategy or chop out to cope.

hey guys. You may not be the problem. You may have absorbed other people's negative energy and actions. Be weary how you feel before, after and during interactions with people. Once again examine your parents and how they were/are as people and how they raised you. They could have given you a lot of negative traits and experiences.
This is true. You can catch emotions just as easily as you can catch a germ. Becomes self fullfilling thou. Everyones emotions mixed in together just makes a combustible situation worse.

How's everyone coping with lockdown? It's brought my depression around full blast - as my depression is tied to my career and life situation. Being trapped in with absolutely no choices has absolutely smashed me.

I was days away from moving life forward before this s**t struck. I know everybody is going through s**t - I empathise, but I'm struggling to get past my own head. I was literally in the midst of moving forward and starting to get past this dark s**t.

How's everyone coping with lockdown? It's brought my depression around full blast - as my depression is tied to my career and life situation. Being trapped in with absolutely no choices has absolutely smashed me.

I was days away from moving life forward before this s**t struck. I know everybody is going through s**t - I empathise, but I'm struggling to get past my own head. I was literally in the midst of moving forward and starting to get past this dark s**t.
Some days better than others. No need to feel bad anyone who was struggling was also going to be hit in whatever they were struggling with.
To answer was ok having a few days to start with but am struggling to concentrate with work and 1 day is morphing into another.Know what you mean about moving forward. My problem has for me this has been a month with possibly 3 weeks to go. Not going to be easy to get going again

Some days better than others. No need to feel bad anyone who was struggling was also going to be hit in whatever they were struggling with.
To answer was ok having a few days to start with but am struggling to concentrate with work and 1 day is morphing into another.Know what you mean about moving forward. My problem has for me this has been a month with possibly 3 weeks to go. Not going to be easy to get going again

That sucks dude; are you working from home?

Hey fellas. Hard times for many but we have to keep fighting through. This takes a lot of work and pushing forward despite extreme harshness. Lets rally lads and do whatever we can and as much as we can to grow, adapt and move forward. Adopt a routine and stick by it day by day and go for walks on a regular basis, at the very least. Keep moving and rest when need be. Staying stagnant is a bad move.

Keep well fellas. I haven't got depression but have bad days too as we all do. So no one is immune from feeling flat.

Lets do out best to rise though.

I've gotten to stage where ever social interaction outside of my immediate family is a struggle; I'm overthinking every little conversation or message I send. I am currently doing university on zoom, and it's giving me major anxiety... We have to do a presentation online, and I've been ready to present since Monday, but I just can't gain the courage to do it. I'm now meant present on Tuesday, but already thinking of excuses why I can't.

It also took me 45 minutes to write this s**t above... 😞

I've gotten to stage where ever social interaction outside of my immediate family is a struggle; I'm overthinking every little conversation or message I send. I am currently doing university on zoom, and it's giving me major anxiety... We have to do a presentation online, and I've been ready to present since Monday, but I just can't gain the courage to do it. I'm now meant present on Tuesday, but already thinking of excuses why I can't.

you wrote well and don't need to impress anyone on here.
Whennit comes to presentations if you want to say something just say it as best you can. If it helps no one (even uni lecturers) want to hear people crap on online so just research and do your best

I hate Fridays. I should feel happy and pleased I did my best but am just low. Am lonely sick of bullshit and bored and am not the sort of person who bores easily. Yet any improvements I was doing are gone.

you wrote well and don't need to impress anyone on here.
Whennit comes to presentations if you want to say something just say it as best you can. If it helps no one (even uni lecturers) want to hear people crap on online so just research and do your best

Thanks man for the words of support. I know most of my thoughts are irrational, but just having a hard time dismissing them at the moment. I'm scared to reach out to people because I always feel like I'm burdening them with my problems and I've already lost some so-called 'mates' trying to talk about my issues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks man for the words of support. I know most of my thoughts are irrational, but just having a hard time dismissing them at the moment. I'm scared to reach out to people because I always feel like I'm burdening them with my problems and I've already lost some so-called 'mates' trying to talk about my issues.
I know it won’t help to hear it but if your losing people because you tried to talk about your feelings they are not mates and not worth worrying about.

I know it won’t help to hear it but if your losing people because you tried to talk about your feelings they are not mates and not worth worrying about.

Yeah did allow me to see the people who actually care about me, but at the same time I understand why they really didn't want to have to deal with me, they're all going through there own s**t and didn't need me added on it.

I've been feeling better and worse this week. First I felt relief because a major stressor in my life had been alleviated. With this burden lifted, I began feeling things again, so I started playing some music, which I hadn't done much since October.

Then I got a bit depressed. All these video chats lately have made me aware of how phlegmatic I present to others. I'm proud of being an introvert, and a lot of the time extrovert behaviour seems moronic to me, but I probably need to work on showing some more affect.

* em lads honestly * what people think. Who are they and what do they do in their lives? behind closed doors? what have they did in their worst moments or in general. No one is perfect and no one is above you, or beneath you. You don't want to say anything to anyone, you don't have to.

And no matter who you are in life you aren't immune to bs happening to you and having it affect you. Everyone has their fight in life, and has to keep fighting to rise above anything that comes in our path, which it does.

It's a journey:)

Keep fighting the good fight.

Dudes.........

I love you all. All of you,

Nothing soft here, I'm a LION.

But, we are all here under an umbrella. The umbrella of DEPRESSION.

And, you wage that war, every day, with few (if any) people understanding - well, we we hear you. I do

My life sucks - there's a great many things I can't do anymore. But there's some that I can.....

And one of them, is to remind you all, of the good things, yeah, the s**t THAT MATTERS.

But, I don't KNOW what s**t matters for any of you - BUT I KNOW s**t MATTERS.

So, if ya need help, that's cool - go to your GP, get a referral to a Psych, and start dealing with your s**t.

Coz NOBODY ELSE is gonna deal with your s**t if you don't.

Peace, love you all

fu** em lads honestly fu** what people think. Who are they and what do they do in their lives? behind closed doors? what have they did in their worst moments or in general. No one is perfect and no one is above you, or beneath you. You don't want to say anything to anyone, you don't have to.

And no matter who you are in life you aren't immune to bs happening to you and having it affect you. Everyone has their fight in life, and has to keep fighting to rise above anything that comes in our path, which it does.

It's a journey:)

Keep fighting the good fight.

Agreed. It's so crucial to not give a s**t what anyone thinks, hard as it may be sometimes. I used to be the opposite, a long time ago. It did me no good. But others aren't perfect, or better, and they have problems, too, even if you don't realise it. But I understand it's hard for people to not give a s**t because they think they're being an a-hole. They're not, they'll know the difference.

who the * are they? and why does what they think matter? or why does what they think mean more than you think, or than you in general? Because it's a combination of things. And one is your confidence is low and your mindset wounded. You are not weak, you may be weakened as a result of several things that has happened to you. But you're not weak. You are WOUNDED. Wounded mentally. Perhaps physcially too.

*.THEM.

You will rise. Positive mindset takes time but postive talk is essential and crucial. Step by step. One step at a time. You must find ways to heal.

God bless.

Agreed. I read a statistic that up to 65% of the country has experienced some form of trauma in their life, 4-7% severe. I carry mental scars with me but my life didn't end from them. I reflected on why that happened and learned self-respect. It's never too late for people to change and start embracing their true selves.

Agreed. I read a statistic that up to 65% of the country has experienced some form of trauma in their life, 4-7% severe. I carry mental scars with me but my life didn't end from them. I reflected on why that happened and learned self-respect. It's never too late for people to change and start embracing their true selves.
Best advice and the last part so true. Embrace your true self. As they say be authentically unpologetically you and you will be very happy and make a lot of friends. Because you're being real and true to yourself. You're being and showing you.

Brilliantly said Coolangatta.

Any ******* that looks down upon you will have their own turn.

What makes them better or their thoughts worth more?

Even if the one's that love you look down upon you, refer above. Rest assured, they will have their own struggles to face and would have done so, or still are/ Will again. Karma does exist.

The one's that care about you and love you for you, embrace them. In your own way. It doesn't mean you have to go and bow down to them, but the one's that are and have been there for you or care about you, keep those good one's in your small circle.

Life is a struggle for every one. Look at the Bryant's for example ( Kobe Bryant's family )

meditation and exercise are a great combo my friend. Good luck and I hope you're ok.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back