Health Depression

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
walk every day, in the morning is the best time imo but do it any time you can. Additionally walk twice a day 3-4 days of the week. It will make a big difference.

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
These last few weeks have been horrific. But there is an upside.
Get into the sun and make positive changes.
I feel really positive today. Things turn. I made a few dietary changes got some perspective and face it this nonesense with covid is on its last legs. People are fed up and seeing it for the scam it is.
Now granted I'm still ****ed up. But take one positive step stick to it and things can fall into place

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
I don't know what to think anymore. Some of my working circumstances have improved recently so I should feel happy and I'm aware plenty have it worse but today's announcement has just been a complete punch in the guts. Was I expecting them to just go "open her up boys"? No. But for a while I'd been hearing of the cases going down so started to feel a bit better, so I was trying to get through the weeks by trying to look forward to seeing a few friends or just being able to get out of my suburb. Now it's nothing again. Just feel hopeless.

I feel completely trapped. I do things, have hobbies but nothing can replace the social interaction and activities I've engaged in my whole life. I ******* hate being inside all the time.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
I don't know what to think anymore. Some of my working circumstances have improved recently so I should feel happy and I'm aware plenty have it worse but today's announcement has just been a complete punch in the guts. Was I expecting them to just go "open her up boys"? No. But for a while I'd been hearing of the cases going down so started to feel a bit better, so I was trying to get through the weeks by trying to look forward to seeing a few friends or just being able to get out of my suburb. Now it's nothing again. Just feel hopeless.

I feel completely trapped. I do things, have hobbies but nothing can replace the social interaction and activities I've engaged in my whole life. I ******* hate being inside all the time.

Honestly today’s announcement is the first one to hit me hard in the Corona times. I’ve tried to focus on how lucky I am (still employed, no kids, living with my partner etc). But this is just utterly s**t. This year is now a complete rite off and likely a chunk of 21 will be as well.

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Honestly today’s announcement is the first one to hit me hard in the Corona times. I’ve tried to focus on how lucky I am (still employed, no kids, living with my partner etc). But this is just utterly sh*t. This year is now a complete rite off and likely a chunk of 21 will be as well.
Yep it's cooked. I have tried all throughout this period to read and watch stories of hardship during war etc and I do realise that they had it far worse off. But there is something completely unique about hardly being able to leave your house, unable to see friends/family for months and all the other stuff that this has created. Humans have interacted with one another from the beginning of time. From my point of view as a young person I was hoping to meet someone eventually.I also just enjoy getting out and hanging out with people my age. Some of my friends don't care about the lockdown because they get out of the house and see a partner. It's infuriating.

Hu$tler

Club Legend
Aug 25, 2007
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Yep it's cooked. I have tried all throughout this period to read and watch stories of hardship during war etc and I do realise that they had it far worse off. But there is something completely unique about hardly being able to leave your house, unable to see friends/family for months and all the other stuff that this has created. Humans have interacted with one another from the beginning of time. From my point of view as a young person I was hoping to meet someone eventually.I also just enjoy getting out and hanging out with people my age. Some of my friends don't care about the lockdown because they get out of the house and see a partner. It's infuriating.

We aren't in those times I try that too but our problems can't be sort of say fixed by thinking of worse....makes sense to me sort of

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah, amazing how much the weather in the past week has helped.

Vitamin D. It helps. I actually tend to get flat in Winter. (Worse than usual) Get outside and absorb the sun now (I'm in Melb) as it will help you absorb and get used to having the sun on your back so to speak. Most people wait till summer when it's too hot and get burnt to a crisp. Condition now. Ironically enough you are more likely to develop a Corona Virus in late winter when Vitamin D deficient (why flus spread less in summer).

Stay in the best shape possible and slowly get outside for as much time as you can. Makes summer more enjoyable.

Genghis Tron

HBF
Koala Light vs Dark Charity Match Gumbies FFC - Sweet F.A.
Apr 6, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Void
I'm the opposite. The heat really gets me down and the sun is too bright and overbearing. Still enjoy being active in nature, out and about, i just end up missing the cold over the summer.

Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
I'm the opposite. The heat really gets me down and the sun is too bright and overbearing. Still enjoy being active in nature, out and about, i just end up missing the cold over the summer.
Yeah Im not a huge fan of the heat. I do like those nice 20 degree evenings though

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Genghis Tron

HBF
Apr 6, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Void
Yeah Im not a huge fan of the heat. I do like those nice 20 degree evenings though

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah they are rather pleasant. I reckon between 12 and 21 degrees is perfect during the day. Grew up, up North so I think I've got PTHD. Post traumatic heat disorder haha I jest of Course

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood

There's trade offs. Melbourne gets 4 seasons so your never stuck but comes with extremes. Can be bloody freezing in mid winter but 45+ in summer with relentless hot nights that turn your room into a sauna. Somewhere like Queensland you get the nice winters but bloody hot in summer and can get endless days of rain where it doesn't stop.
Just get outside when it suits. Ended up waking up @ 5 30 this morning and while not great and I'm tired it was nice to get out this morning while its still.
Just make the best of each day.

Gameova_

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's ironic that this socially inept person is missing the simple things, like ordering a coffee from a cafe. I know I would overthink the situation before and after the event, but the overwhelming feeling of loneliness this lockdown has brought on me has made me yearn for them fears again.

Yeah this virus thing has made me more lonely than I already was too. Terrible.

Yeah this virus thing has made me more lonely than I already was too. Terrible.

Get out if you can mate, walk around the block. Get some sun. I am here if you need to talk.

Genghis Tron

HBF
Apr 6, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Void
It's ironic that this socially inept person is missing the simple things, like ordering a coffee from a cafe. I know I would overthink the situation before and after the event, but the overwhelming feeling of loneliness this lockdown has brought on me has made me yearn for them fears again.
I hadn't even considered this but I agree. Thinking positively there might be a chance that this period of isolation might allow some people to enjoy interactions more when we can go out again. I feel like I might have a bit more perspective when worrying about interacting with others in the future.

Dec 30, 2018
Gimuy Walubara Yidinji
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I hadn't even considered this but I agree. Thinking positively there might be a chance that this period of isolation might allow some people to enjoy interactions more when we can go out again. I feel like I might have a bit more perspective when worrying about interacting with others in the future.

I would love this to be a knock-on effect of the lockdown, hopefully I get a honeymoon period before my insecurities kick in again.

Genghis Tron

HBF
Apr 6, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Void
I would love this to be a knock-on effect of the lockdown, hopefully I get a honeymoon period before my insecurities kick in again.
Amen. I suppose all we as people can do is be mindful at the time of these moments and how it can make those insecurities seem almost preferable.

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood

Well as someone who is totally socially inept and is a write off. I feel more lonely then ever. I just want to go out and have a chat with anyone.

Maybe a better world will be born after?

Gameova_

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Get out if you can mate, walk around the block. Get some sun. I am here if you need to talk.

I've been going with my only friend lately but he's been busy. Gotten to the point I'm too socially anxious to walk or run in my neighbourhood anymore. Probably the depression and the fact the private areas I run in are closed.

I love the concept of RUOK day but for someone like me who has distanced himself from most friends he’s ever made the day is insignificant. Looking through my phone I haven’t received a text or call from a friend in over 6 months , my own fault for just staying away from everyone for so long That most people just gave up on my friendship. I’ve had the worst 12 months of my life and only my wife knows as she’s the one who saved me from making a horrible mistake. I’m in a much better place now thankfully , but days like today make me realise how lonely I am.

Dec 30, 2018
Gimuy Walubara Yidinji
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I love the concept of RUOK day but for someone like me who has distanced himself from most friends he’s ever made the day is insignificant.

I agree the concept is great, but I don't think it's meant for poor lonely suckers like us. I just can't contemplate telling a friend what I'm going through, but I guess I don't have any friends... So maybe that's why.

Last edited:
Back