Health Depression

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah i just dont have like "close" mates i guess. Have drifted apart naturally from some others (ie. marriage/kids/etc), one or two have cut off contact with me on purpose (which was very disappointing), so yeah that's probably why.

My friends i have arent dicks tho- they're more than happy to get together once i've msgd..

I've also used meetup.com in the past, they're fantastic. Met a whole bunch of awesome ppl thru that.. hopefully that site can start up again sooner rather than later. Enough of this bullshit online rubbish. I cannot stand Zoom.

Just OT a bit- getting diagnosed with this really opened my eyes up to the mental health system. There i was crying my eyes out in the GPs office (GP i didnt know mind you- it was my mums- i dont have a regular GP anyway)- and its like oh a good psychologist? Yeah thats about a 6-8 week wait, minimum.

The one i could access thru the clinic in like 2 weeks was a complete dick.

Am very happy with the psychiatrist I'm seeing now tho. Was lucky enough to be able to see him within... I think it was like a week, week and a half from that GP appointment.

Just OT a bit- getting diagnosed with this really opened my eyes up to the mental health system. There i was crying my eyes out in the GPs office (GP i didnt know mind you- it was my mums- i dont have a regular GP anyway)- and its like oh a good psychologist? Yeah thats about a 6-8 week wait, minimum.

The one i could access thru the clinic in like 2 weeks was a complete dick.

Am very happy with the psychiatrist I'm seeing now tho. Was lucky enough to be able to see him within... I think it was like a week, week and a half from that GP appointment.
Gee that's not a bad turnaround. I never felt an ounce of benefit from meds or psychs so pretty much abandoned that avenue. Might give it another go.

At least youre persisting with it. I hope that it continues to work for you. I guess not giving up before you've found the right one is the key.

Gee that's not a bad turnaround. I never felt an ounce of benefit from meds or psychs so pretty much abandoned that avenue. Might give it another go.

At least youre persisting with it. I hope that it continues to work for you. I guess not giving up before you've found the right one is the key.

Yeah was extremely lucky- the GP rang the clinic and requested it. They then rang me within 2 days to schedule the appointment.

Trouble is he has the thickest Indian accent. I cant understand him/ have to ask him to repeat himself half the time :tearsofjoy:

Sometimes ive just said "uh huh" or yes... and i have NFI what the question is/was :D :D :D
Yeah I've had that but with a Russian gp. I feel too bad asking for clarification on what they said 😂

A lot of us in here during lockdown were talking about how it was making us feel even worse than normal. Obviously not everyone in here, but I saw a few.

Now that we can go out again it does feel a little stressful. A little overwhelming. Like... What do I do now? But I think it's still preferable to where we were not too long ago.

Anyone that did mention lockdown being particularly bad should be mindful that we at least have more options to get out of our own heads now. We have better access to support networks or even things that bring us pleasure.

I'm trying to maintain a good level of perspective. Things could be worse. It's helped a little, which is a victory.
It was good to meet up with friends but I simply miss old life. Being normal.

Waking up on a Saturday and thinking I might go to the footy today. Maybe I’ll book a trip away. Maybe I’ll go to my mates house for a good time with the boys. Playing footy. Dancing. Meeting people.

Just things you don’t think twice about doing.

I sincerely hope next year things change significantly for the better. They have to. People need hope. Everywhere I go out out of lockdown I can’t help but be reminded that we’re still in a pandemic and we’ve got a government that could change things in a major way at the drop of a hat.
I’m disturbed by the push for us to all be more isolated. Being social around a lot of people has helped me immensely for years. It has affected me terribly being unable to be social this year.

It was good to meet up with friends but I simply miss old life. Being normal.

Waking up on a Saturday and thinking I might go to the footy today. Maybe I’ll book a trip away. Maybe I’ll go to my mates house for a good time with the boys. Playing footy. Dancing. Meeting people.

Just things you don’t think twice about doing.

I sincerely hope next year things change significantly for the better. They have to. People need hope. Everywhere I go out out of lockdown I can’t help but be reminded that we’re still in a pandemic and we’ve got a government that could change things in a major way at the drop of a hat.
I’m disturbed by the push for us to all be more isolated. Being social around a lot of people has helped me immensely for years. It has affected me terribly being unable to be social this year.
Well said.

Hey guys, hope you're doing well. I understand everyone's situation is different and the chemical imblalance and all. As previously mentioned exercise and fresh air are great tools to enhance the endorphins ( feel good chemicals in your brain and body ) so get into a regular habit of introducing both in your life style. Hopefuly injuries don't prevent you from doing that. If they don't, consider yourself bloody lucky that you're actually able to even walk, as some people obviously can't. If you can walk, if you can talk, don't take these things for granted. How really ****ed up would it be if you couldn't do just one of these things, mean while some can't do both. Then your situations would really be bad.

I wish you guys well. Value what you have and value yourselves. I've been in down times like everyone has in their life. It's impossible to go through life unscathed. Sometimes the things that we endure, make us stronger and are one of many chapters in our lives. When you come out of it the other side you'll be a s**t load wiser and more compassionate towards others, far more unserstanding and you'll be able to relate to them. Even be able to help them.

Speak soon and if ever you feel the need, P.M. P.M me or someone else you feel comfortable with. God Bless you All:cool:

I’ve spent all day and night alone. I hate my life. I just want it to end. I have no one I feel I can go to and just ask can I sit with you so I don’t have to be alone.

Another weekend another re occurrence. Have a somewhat loose appointment Thursday. Do I go all out and say everything and what's happened or keep it in check? Really can't be bothered with GPs and mental health plans but do want help to improve

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldnt wanna talk sh*t to my GP- i barely know him (my childhood/early adulthood one retired years ago). Luckily for me my psych is good.
Yeah I'm thinking I should just pull back.
I figure you can just vent to any of those professionals at the very least get sh*t off your chest and get it out there.
Maybe. Venting is good but it can have very real consequences. You get a label and it sticks. Thinking I should cancel don't know not thinking clearly ATM about this. Had a few Gps nice enough but I don't trust them with this.

Yeah I'm thinking I should just pull back.

Maybe. Venting is good but it can have very real consequences. You get a label and it sticks. Thinking I should cancel don't know not thinking clearly ATM about this. Had a few Gps nice enough but I don't trust them with this.
I wouldn't pull back if I were you. That's just me personally though. I find when I do it gives me an "out" to retreat further and only makes things worse.

I think it's natural to not trust your GPs. Can't say I have a relationship with mine.... Couldn't even tell you their name as I avoid going to the same one too often if at all anymore...

I'd stick with it mate. If anything it's a victory to beat that little voice that says "nah chuck it in, it's not working"

But that's all from my point of view, you might be completely different.

I've been glitching a bit lately.

I WAS able to shut out some obsessive and negative thoughts until recently. I saw someone and I thought about him being a loser. Maybe it's because he was wearing a mask so I couldn't get a look at his personality. Then I had maybe one moment thinking about the past. Then overnight I had what seemed like an hour of dreams about the past. I woke up feeling suicidal but it passed.

Thanks. I ended up going to the emergency department and they discharged me with a mental health team visiting me every couple of days. I have a psychiatrists appt tomorrow apparently, I’m still waiting to hear a time, really nervous as to what they are going to say and diagnose me with. I’m slowly coming to the realisation that I’m not normal mentally.

Thanks. I ended up going to the emergency department and they discharged me with a mental health team visiting me every couple of days. I have a psychiatrists appt tomorrow apparently, I’m still waiting to hear a time, really nervous as to what they are going to say and diagnose me with. I’m slowly coming to the realisation that I’m not normal mentally.

I know that nervousness. Fwiw i love my psychiatrist and look forward to my sessions (now)

All the very best pg.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back