Health Depression

Remove this Banner Ad

90s were the greatest. 2000s dont really compare. Or 80s.

Move your body just came on. Very different version- the piano intro is just gorgeous.

I love Blue tho. That was their best song, so much fun.

80s were the best by far. It was all downhill from there.

I’ve come to the realisation today that so much of my depression comes from me feeling like I’m not needed. My kids always seek out my wife for everything, she’s the smart one , sensitive one, caring one. I’m just dad who works. I hate myself so much too, I can hardly look at myself in the mirror. I have no confidence in myself and live with almost constant anxiety. For years now the only way I can fall asleep is to think about what it would be like to not be here anymore, I dream of being in a coma or just disappearing. It’s like a comfort to me in some weird way. I had a mini breakdown the other day and asked if my family would like me to just leave , I love them all but I feel I bring them all down all the time.
anyway just needed to get this off my chest as it’s been weighing on me so much lately. It’s so sad there are so many of us struggling out there every single day for no real reason that we can see.

I'm such a sucker for 90's Dance/Eurobeat. Sweet Dreams, Another Night, Baby Baby, Rhythm Is A Dancer etc.

What about the one... Mumu land??? Aaall bound for mumu land.

Dunno if its even called that.. im going to youtube

Justified & The Ancient by The KLF, one of my all time favourite bands

Rob d - clubbed to death is another all time favourite, from the matrix

and probably close to my all time favourite is master plan by dyewitness

Feeling so much better this week than last week.

Chatting to a guy which is always fun, making contact with others, eg. friends +family. Ones that want to see me anyway. Have deleted text message convos of the two that barely acknowledged me when I was so upset last week.

And its pretty good considering school goes back today. And im lying on the couch in my PJs still just chilling, listening to a 2003 Dance Mix. Instead of.. listening to the Principal drone on for 1.5 hours from 9am. :thumbsupv1:

I’ve come to the realisation today that so much of my depression comes from me feeling like I’m not needed. My kids always seek out my wife for everything, she’s the smart one , sensitive one, caring one. I’m just dad who works. I hate myself so much too, I can hardly look at myself in the mirror. I have no confidence in myself and live with almost constant anxiety. For years now the only way I can fall asleep is to think about what it would be like to not be here anymore, I dream of being in a coma or just disappearing. It’s like a comfort to me in some weird way. I had a mini breakdown the other day and asked if my family would like me to just leave , I love them all but I feel I bring them all down all the time.
anyway just needed to get this off my chest as it’s been weighing on me so much lately. It’s so sad there are so many of us struggling out there every single day for no real reason that we can see.
I hear ya. I'm having a really shitty week on this front - on one level I know it's not true but the rest of my brain whirrs away and fogs every day with crap to the point that I struggle to do anything beyond eat, work (barely) and waiting to fall asleep. Doing what I can to break patterns and exercise but even so I'm just sick of it.

Tried sitting down and putting a plan together. Need to slowly rebuild my life. One thing thou is I'm not even angry at certain things anymore just worn down. Am at the point where if you're not engaging positively with me or putting me in my place I'm not giving you any time or consideration. Just had enough.
I have too many issues to work through and while I'm far far from perfect neither is anybody else so relationships or communication cuts both ways.
Rant over. (This was irl not anyone on the thread)
I need to deal with depression and work out a life that's mine and works for me.

Im starting to get really annoyed at ppl having a go at others, using stuff they see in this thread (or from my perspective- other boards) against you.

The Old Dark Navy's it has happened on this board, to me. Different thread- a travel thread.

And now it has happened on GD.

Be careful ppl. Be really ******* careful with what you share and how you share it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tried sitting down and putting a plan together. Need to slowly rebuild my life. One thing thou is I'm not even angry at certain things anymore just worn down. Am at the point where if you're not engaging positively with me or putting me in my place I'm not giving you any time or consideration. Just had enough.
I have too many issues to work through and while I'm far far from perfect neither is anybody else so relationships or communication cuts both ways.
Rant over. (This was irl not anyone on the thread)
I need to deal with depression and work out a life that's mine and works for me.

I like lists myself. Hand written- dont do computer (unless you prefer that)- i find them.... idk. good.

At work i even had colour coded lists LOL.

Im a nerd.

Im starting to get really annoyed at ppl having a go at others, using stuff they see in this thread (or from my perspective- other boards) against you.

The Old Dark Navy's it has happened on this board, to me. Different thread- a travel thread.

And now it has happened on GD.

Be careful ppl. Be really ******* careful with what you share and how you share it.
Unfortunately this is true. Some people love to attack at any opportunity. Whether it's make up they are s**t stirring or want to feel superior but they will zero in.
Hate to say but the world's a minefield.
Also extremely pissed off with certain people. Harsh as it is if I can't avoid humour them. I'm trying to readjust my extreme distaste and just get on with life with my list but am seriously pissed off.
What makes others so morally superior they stand in judgement? What's so ******* great about them?

*yes i should hit report blah blah blah.

But you read it, it hurts, its too late for report.

Still, let us have a look at it so we know who is doing it and how, and we may be we to dissuade in the future. Stuff like this should be out of bounds and I'm sure Chief will agree.

Still, let us have a look at it so we know who is doing it and how, and we may be we to dissuade in the future. Stuff like this should be out of bounds and I'm sure Chief will agree.

Cheers mate. I will, dont worry.

I wont let the next one go to the keeper, dw.

So glad to have found this thread, have been on pristiq for 5 years now, have recently been back to my psychologist who recommended do stuff you enjoy & get back to having a laugh.... So I choose to try & do that on here....Great support on BF. 👍

So glad to have found this thread, have been on pristiq for 5 years now, have recently been back to my psychologist who recommended do stuff you enjoy & get back to having a laugh.... So I choose to try & do that on here....Great support on BF. 👍
I’ve been on pristiq for about 7 years am about to see if I can change as I’m not sure they are as affective on me now.

I’ve been on pristiq for about 7 years am about to see if I can change as I’m not sure they are as affective on me now.
Hopefully things are okay mate, if you’re feeling down again perhaps up the dosage, I have had to do that before.... But I hope you can get on top of it, as hard as it is.

Hopefully things are okay mate, if you’re feeling down again perhaps up the dosage, I have had to do that before.... But I hope you can get on top of it, as hard as it is.
I think I’m on max dosage for that, 100mg , I’m just finding lately my moods are very up and down and I can be quite emotional.

I think I’m on max dosage for that, 100mg , I’m just finding lately my moods are very up and down and I can be quite emotional.
Yea that’s tough, & I’m currently on 150 mg, but to go up that 50mg I needed to take the questions again.... If you’re in flux than definitely go to the doc again mate. 👍

Yea that’s tough, & I’m currently on 150 mg, but to go up that 50mg I needed to take the questions again.... If you’re in flux than definitely go to the doc again mate.
Curiosity here, I presume the drugs help with what your feeling and lessening the effects of depression. But do you think it's helping 'fix' the issue or just covering and eventually you'll need more of the drugs?

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back