Health Depression

Perth gal

Premiership Player
Oct 19, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I’ve been up and down up and down, honestly it’s been a hard 2 years. My psychologist who Ive been making good progress with wants me to see a psychiatrist. Getting into to see one is so hard.

Just have to keep plugging away I guess.

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’ve been up and down up and down, honestly it’s been a hard 2 years. My psychologist who Ive been making good progress with wants me to see a psychiatrist. Getting into to see one is so hard.

Just have to keep plugging away I guess.
Same but not really. I was recommended a psychiatrist but in between the cost waiting times and those awkward introduction questions ( why are you here? How do you feel? It ain't worth it.....not to mention there are questions of treatment and what exactly these people are doing?)
One good thing I did today was have a positive conversation after ringing someone and went for a swim.
Just do 1 good thing tomorrow if you can.

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Hawks, NY Rangers
My day was productive yesterday but today I just feel restless and worried.

I had a panic attack in the morning. I downloaded Red Dead yesterday but I don't feel like playing, or eating.

In the past I starved myself to escape my feelings, so maybe I will lose a bit of weight, or self harm in other ways.

It's hard to tell if my feelings are rational or not. Maybe I'll snap out of it all of a sudden or maybe this is normal.

My day was productive yesterday but today I just feel restless and worried.

I had a panic attack in the morning. I downloaded Red Dead yesterday but I don't feel like playing, or eating.

In the past I starved myself to escape my feelings, so maybe I will lose a bit of weight, or self harm in other ways.

It's hard to tell if my feelings are rational or not. Maybe I'll snap out of it all of a sudden or maybe this is normal.

Try to do any activity that brings you any happiness.

You mentioned you downloaded a movie, maybe there is a movie you have not seen for a long time that you love, try downloading that and watching it.

Dont starve yourself, try and find food that you really enjoy and indulge in that. Is there any particular meals you love?

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Hawks, NY Rangers
Try to do any activity that brings you any happiness.

You mentioned you downloaded a movie, maybe there is a movie you have not seen for a long time that you love, try downloading that and watching it.

Dont starve yourself, try and find food that you really enjoy and indulge in that. Is there any particular meals you love?
I had an icecream today, and I've been watching the Sopranos as a bit of escapism.

I'll probably try and see my psychiatrist a bit earlier. I called lifeline as well.

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
I had an icecream today, and I've been watching the Sopranos as a bit of escapism.

I'll probably try and see my psychiatrist a bit earlier. I called lifeline as well.
sopranoschitchat.jpg

I was a bit stressed the other day but just watching this gave us a good laugh for a couple of minutes.

Some TV shows, you can so absorbed into it, you feel as if you are sitting in the corner of the room watching it unfold.

Ice cream is my fav vice, I love it too much unfortunately.

I hope you enjoy the rest of the day with Soprano's and Ice cream. Good plan to see your psychiatrist during the week as well.:thumbsu:

I ******* hate myself and my life. I should be doing a lot better but am not.
Try not to be so harsh on yourself and the life you have.

Nothing is going to hit as hard as life, but its not about how hard life is, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, that will measure you.

Sure its a line out of a movie, but it holds true.

Mar 13, 2015
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Everyone seems so confident these days, and socially too, it’s good obviously for them, but you go out and not only that, most people seem so body confident and physiologically stable these days as well, it’s almost like the year 2016 came along and people became better looking and more interesting or something like that. It’s like the nerdy guys turned into Chads and women turned even more super stylish and athletic. I don’t recall noticing this so much 15-20-25 years ago. But back then we didn’t have smart phones, social media, big population and other aspects too.

Meanwhile I just feel like a nerdy, generic, boring dude who hangs off his overly pretentious tastes in music, spends too much time gaming and revels in self loathing and solitude or something I can’t really even describe all that well. Anyway.

Does anything make any sense? I’m not so sure.

On one hand it’s good on the other hand it’s also overwhelming, intimidating and hard to not be envious I guess.

People who effortlessly cool and have great lives, man they’re lucky.

I am having a hard time being haunted by actions of the past. One minute I am happy next minute I have triggered myself and feel myself descending into that cavenous hell of a depressive episode. Have I traumatised myself that much over my marriage ending four years i can't move on?
I know exactly how you feel. PTSD is real my friend, you’re internal monologue wouldn’t be helping either. Wish I had an answer but I don’t as I feel the same. I have however used the beyond blue forums to try and figure out how to deal with it as the psychologist I had was useless. Happy to talk privately if you need.

Madas

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Everyone seems so confident these days, and socially too, it’s good obviously for them, but you go out and not only that, most people seem so body confident and physiologically stable these days as well, it’s almost like the year 2016 came along and people became better looking and more interesting or something like that. It’s like the nerdy guys turned into Chads and women turned even more super stylish and athletic. I don’t recall noticing this so much 15-20-25 years ago. But back then we didn’t have smart phones, social media, big population and other aspects too.

Meanwhile I just feel like a nerdy, generic, boring dude who hangs off his overly pretentious tastes in music, spends too much time gaming and revels in self loathing and solitude or something I can’t really even describe all that well. Anyway.

On one hand it’s good on the other hand it’s also overwhelming, intimidating and hard to not be envious I guess.

It’s the little things Mootsy
Try not to get overwhelmed focussing on the negatives .

For example I’m terrible at gaming and don’t do it often ( only really join in with my kids to interact) , but every now and again I’ll do something good and say “ hey , that’s not too bad ,see if you can do it again “
Or with surfing
I’ve been doing it a long time but getting older is the most frustrating thing in the world and can be very depressing because you physically can’t do the things you want to do .
So now I try and just take little things out of a visit to the beach , clear water, smile on a kids face , dolphins might swim by .

Just find little things and relish them Mootsy
Hope that helps

Just remember today people use social media to build a facade…. Not is all as it appears once you start scratching the surface…

So now I try and just take little things out of a visit to the beach , clear water, smile on a kids face , dolphins might swim by .

Just find little things and relish them Mootsy
Hope that helps
I'm definitely not one of those "touchy feely, nature heals all" crap kind of person.

But man the beach is lovely. I always feel better after going to the beach, whether it be for a swim, or just a walk.

Madas

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm definitely not one of those "touchy feely, nature heals all" crap kind of person.

But man the beach is lovely. I always feel better after going to the beach, whether it be for a swim, or just a walk.
It’s healing ( and I’m no hippy either 😊)

Madas

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Re the surfing.. can you maybe do other things water related? Eg. paddle boarding, or kayaking?
Yeh I do
I’m a water nut so most of my hobbies revolve around water
diving , kayaking , fishing , drinking beer in a pool 😊

But surfing is the thing I love as it’s challenging and forces me to face fears whilst being immersed in water and nature .
I definitely still get a buzz out of it and every now and again I’ll ride a wave well which is a massive thrill .

Yeh I do I’m a water nut so most of my hobbies revolve around water diving , kayaking , fishing , drinking beer in a pool 😊 But surfing is the thing I love as it’s challenging and forces me to face fears whilst being immersed in water and nature . I definitely still get a buzz out of it and every now and again I’ll ride a wave well which is a massive thrill .

Can definitely relate to that, as thats the main reason why I will not, and have never surfed ha.

But yeah love the beach, I mean its in my name right there. :thumbsupv1::smilev1:
Am a big fan of swimming- never like just sitting or laying around on the sand.

Back