Health Depression

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone know how to stop hating yourself, how to forgive yourself for past mistakes, how to let go of hate and anger?
Yeah, I struggle with this and don't know how to handle it.

The thing is it is from things I did so long ago, where I have been a kid in primary and high school. I was never a bully or anything but I just think about a few occasions where I treated people badly and can't let it go. I mean I was just a kid and didn't know better. It still burns me when I think about certain things though.

As an adult there has been the odd thing but nothing too bad.

Yeah, I struggle with this and don't know how to handle it.

The thing is it is from things I did so long ago, where I have been a kid in primary and high school. I was never a bully or anything but I just think about a few occasions where I treated people badly and can't let it go. I mean I was just a kid and didn't know better. It still burns me when I think about certain things though.

Yep. That sucks. But guess what? it's all part of the learning process.

As a kid you don't know any better... as you mature you develop empathy and you are able to reflect on your actions. And now you know how to and how not to treat people.

Social and Emotional intelligence.

Yep. That sucks. But guess what? it's all part of the learning process.

As a kid you don't know any better... as you mature you develop empathy and you are able to reflect on your actions. And now you know how to and how not to treat people.

Social and Emotional intelligence.
Unfortunately you can have all the morals, ethics and intelligence as an adult and still make horrendous mistakes and you only have yourself to blame and your ******* head will torture you forever over it.

Anyone know how to stop hating yourself, how to forgive yourself for past mistakes, how to let go of hate and anger?
Hey Champ
I think it's an ongoing battle or as I Think to myself a lot it is like a wave. Sometimes you get hit by a real big one or a build up of smaller ones to tip you over the edge.
My stress relief is music and video games. I found they work best for me but can understand if for some people they make it worse. It is just about finding what makes you happiest and going back there when you need to. Just hope you have some brighter days ahead. Keep strong.

Past is the past man
Nothing can be done

If you try and make tomorrow a better day it’s easier to deal with any shitty remnants of the past .

Do nothing about making tomorrow better and you are dooming yourself to misery and no one deserves that , not you or the people around you .

I hope this makes some sense and helps a little.

I'm ****ed and this is the only board I post on now a days.
Nothing I've done works and I'm rejected every which way. Which is fine honestly couldn't give a flying * but have no plan b

I'm *ed and this is the only board I post on now a days.
Nothing I've done works and I'm rejected every which way. Which is fine honestly couldn't give a flying * but have no plan b
I'm so sorry you feel this way. The pain is real and intense and feels like there is no escape. I just hope there are some better days and weeks ahead for you Run

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm *ed and this is the only board I post on now a days.
Could be worse
At least you don’t follow WC or North Melbourne.😁

Collingwood are actually really enjoyable to watch at the moment
Make the most of it

Their “ Never give up attitude “ could be a good Mantra for all of us on this board

Could be worse
At least you don’t follow WC or North Melbourne.😁

Collingwood are actually really enjoyable to watch at the moment
Make the most of it

Their “ Never give up attitude “ could be a good Mantra for all of us on this board
I will say this. Going/watching the footy this year was the most enjoyable year I've ever had. Good game plan competitive close finishes in games till the end and contended. Can't ask for anything else. Footy actually provides an important outlet me included this year.

RU ok day is a fraud

The company I work for the managers uses it as self validation to "show" they're doing something where they couldn't give a s**t.

They take away people's work life flexibility even though we have never missed a gateway.

Capitalists corporate company pigs participate in RU ok day because they have too not because they care.

thanks mate sure there are. Just a bad period atm. Need to make some changes next few months.
I'm no expert and don't claim to be just know what works for me. Sport, video games and music. Just do the things that make you happy even if it is only moments of joy at the moment. Keep strong mate.

it’s easy to beat yourself up for making shitty decisions

a lot of people use beating themselves up as a way to tell themselves that they’ve changed - i.e. getting angry at your past self is a way of mentally distancing who you are now from the person who made that decision. It’s often easier than actually making a material change in your life.

In reality guilt is only helpful when it motivates you to make better decisions today and tomorrow. If it is crippling you with depression, low self-esteem etc. then it is actively making things worse - for you and everyone else around you. Holding onto it is purely an act of ego.

If you can recognise that letting go of past mistakes is a necessary and important precursor to atoning for them and being a better person, then you will find it a lot easier to move forward

Hey Champ
I think it's an ongoing battle or as I Think to myself a lot it is like a wave. Sometimes you get hit by a real big one or a build up of smaller ones to tip you over the edge.
My stress relief is music and video games. I found they work best for me but can understand if for some people they make it worse. It is just about finding what makes you happiest and going back there when you need to. Just hope you have some brighter days ahead. Keep strong.
You’re right it does come in waves but they come more often now than they used to.

Feeling a bit down for the first time in a while. Trying to reduce my dependency on drugs and start doing meditation again to get myself in a good place.

it’s easy to beat yourself up for making shitty decisions

a lot of people use beating themselves up as a way to tell themselves that they’ve changed - i.e. getting angry at your past self is a way of mentally distancing who you are now from the person who made that decision. It’s often easier than actually making a material change in your life.

In reality guilt is only helpful when it motivates you to make better decisions today and tomorrow. If it is crippling you with depression, low self-esteem etc. then it is actively making things worse - for you and everyone else around you. Holding onto it is purely an act of ego.

If you can recognise that letting go of past mistakes is a necessary and important precursor to atoning for them and being a better person, then you will find it a lot easier to move forward
Motivation is good for a while eventually you need to get into good habits. It's all you can do. Find something you want find a path and practise habits to get there every day

Having a genuine mental breakdown. Absolutely ****ed and I don't know what else to do than to whinge on *in BigFooty about it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back