Health Depression

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you hate the job? The people? Or just the process of getting up every weekday, going to work, coming home, rinse and repeat.
That I hate work I hate the process I hate been a ******* slave and having jack s**t to show for it. I hate where I live and hate ******* Melbourne. My actual job I like and want to continue just not sure I'll be able to get work in 3 years interstate because I want out

Well that’s a crappy feeling. Can you talk to your partner about it?

My anxiety is a constant companion and a drain on my family.

If only there was a magic wand.

Yeah, but she's starting to get exhausted. I know she'll always be by my side, but it's a rotten feeling to know you're burdening someone.

She's not being nasty or anything, but I can just tell she's getting stretched a bit thin.

Have an appointment on Saturday to discuss medication with my GP, at the recommendation of my psychologist though. The last 3 days have also been my first days sober this year. Small steps.

I’m glad she’s supportive.

Getting the right medication can be challenging.

I’ve been sober for 18 months, and not going to lie those early days were tough but * me Im so glad to be free of it.

My therapist kept saying that I needed to learn to sit with my feelings and I really wanted to say you sit with these ******* feelings!

I had to think of it like going to the gym with zero fitness and working my way slowly towards fitness, increasing my strength etc, but there were some really tough days.

That I hate work I hate the process I hate been a ******* slave and having jack s*t to show for it. I hate where I live and hate ****** Melbourne. My actual job I like and want to continue just not sure I'll be able to get work in 3 years interstate because I want out

Sounds like you need to change something up mate. Get a new job, move towns, book a holiday, just something to mix it up. If you're hating everything about your life then focus on making a couple of big changes and start planning on how to make them work.

Started on Lexapro yesterday. Will take a few weeks to kick in, but I think it's going to help.

Weird side effect - took my first dose yesterday and my eyes had the same feeling as you get when a MDMA or an LSD trip is about to start lol

My vision was a bit funny, and it felt like my pupils were super dialated. I checked in the mirror and I looked fine, but it felt weird.

Started on Lexapro yesterday. Will take a few weeks to kick in, but I think it's going to help.

Weird side effect - took my first dose yesterday and my eyes had the same feeling as you get when a MDMA or an LSD trip is about to start lol

My vision was a bit funny, and it felt like my pupils were super dialated. I checked in the mirror and I looked fine, but it felt weird.
ssri ok , hope you feel the effects soon, I believe you can feel immediate effects but it is generally known to take weeks / months

It's been tough.

My lad just turned 18 - reached out to him at the end of the year after he finished year 12 and his exams (as i didn't want to interrupt) - got rejected (expected as much as i haven't had any contact in 10 years).

Until he leave's his mother's nest and goes out on his own it won't happen. But at least i've processed that and can move on.

Thankfully I got a 10 week USA trip in May (long service leave) to prepare for which will be a real thrill.

Still hurts though

Speaking of MDMA...

(Not that I’m generalising,lol)
Maybe this is just driven by social media raising people’s standards of physical appearance and projecting traits, and that there has been a huge population rise Since 2010, but Go out these days to the shops or anywhere and people seem so confident and physiologically in their element.

I never really noticed this so much 15-20 years ago. You see the big guys with the good looking girlfriends and it’s the chads and tall dudes with the family and pushing prams and stuff like that. It’s not always that way but it’s definitely more than not. Females seem more polished and better looking, I dunno it’s weird, because I feel ordinary compared to guys walking around these days, I guess in comparison, am maybe a bit nerdy and self conscious, I’m confident enough but I’m also too aware of my surroundings(which I hate) probably, lol.

I went for breakfast this morning and I felt like I was walking amongst lots of people who were beamed straight out of a magazine with photoshopped people back into real life, lol. It’s not necessarily overly intimidating, it’s just kinda weird. Perhaps more wealthy people go out to these places because they have the money to spend and wealthy people are more likely to be above average physiologically and physically, because the world seems to reward people with more positive traits I guess.

Anyway, my point is sometimes you go home and your depression and low self esteem is totally logical in some weird way, and maybe you are just simply dealing with being kinda average or below in some cases. It’s like put a million cattle in one place and a fair chunk of those sheep are going to feel pretty gosh dang ordinary!

I think life is more amplified these days because the stakes seem higher, the price of housing, consumer goods going up, much bigger population so way more people to compare ourselves to, social media creating a narcissism epidemic(people walking staring into their phones, no care about their surroundings).

Aside from all that superficial stuff, everyone just seems really successful as well in their career choice and lifestyle relationships etc, which is great I am not knocking that, but there are times you just feel like a glitch in the matrix in comparison to seeing so many people living out their destiny etc.

It’s just a different world now then it was in say, 2009 and having really low self esteem is a constant battle.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe this is just driven by social media raising people’s standards of physical appearance and projecting traits, and that there has been a huge population rise Since 2010, but Go out these days to the shops or anywhere and people seem so confident and physiologically in their element.

I never really noticed this so much 15-20 years ago. You see the big guys with the good looking girlfriends and it’s the chads and tall dudes with the family and pushing prams and stuff like that. It’s not always that way but it’s definitely more than not. Females seem more polished and better looking, I dunno it’s weird, because I feel ordinary compared to guys walking around these days, I guess in comparison, am maybe a bit nerdy and self conscious, I’m confident enough but I’m also too aware of my surroundings(which I hate) probably, lol.

I went for breakfast this morning and I felt like I was walking amongst lots of people who were beamed straight out of a magazine with photoshopped people back into real life, lol. It’s not necessarily overly intimidating, it’s just kinda weird. Perhaps more wealthy people go out to these places because they have the money to spend and wealthy people are more likely to be above average physiologically and physically, because the world seems to reward people with more positive traits I guess.

Anyway, my point is sometimes you go home and your depression and low self esteem is totally logical in some weird way, and maybe you are just simply dealing with being kinda average or below in some cases. It’s like put a million cattle in one place and a fair chunk of those sheep are going to feel pretty gosh dang ordinary!

I think life is more amplified these days because the stakes seem higher, the price of housing, consumer goods going up, much bigger population so way more people to compare ourselves to, social media creating a narcissism epidemic(people walking staring into their phones, no care about their surroundings).

Aside from all that superficial stuff, everyone just seems really successful as well in their career choice and lifestyle relationships etc, which is great I am not knocking that, but there are times you just feel like a glitch in the matrix in comparison to seeing so many people living out their destiny etc.

It’s just a different world now then it was in say, 2009 and having really low self esteem is a constant battle.

You are not alone (when reading your post, it is word for word how I feel when going out in public). I don’t know about you, but I feel the same way when browsing facebook, Instagram..etc and even watching TV. I end up feeling inferior to everyone and pretty worthless as a person.

"and psilocybin (found in magic mushrooms) for treatment-resistant depression."

personally the micro dose shrooms do wonders when I have had the good fortune to consume some

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

yeah micro doses of shrooms and lsd are great

The younger generations are a lot more health focused and are getting taller, plus they drink a far bit less than previous generations. So they probably do look a little better. A lot of that is also advancements in fashion and makeup. Most girls have developed contouring skills where they can really make themselves look completely different and most guys are getting exposed to fashion through social media so they know how to dress better than previous generations. But I think a lot of this is Baader-Meinhof phenomenon. Frequency illusion - Wikipedia Because you see these people on tv and social media (as people doing well want to share their lives more), you focus on them more. In reality they are far less frequent than most normies. Think about every supermarket, shopping centre, they all have hundreds of retail staff, cleaners, security guards, truck drivers, fry cooks, all on 50-80k a year if they are lucky.

Last edited:
yeah micro doses of shrooms and lsd are great
Is there a legal way of sourcing it in Australia. My bro in law did it in Amsterdam as part of some retreat. I really want to try it under a controlled situation.

If you are going to take Lexapro, in all honesty you cannot drink alcohol at all if you want it to work etc. Psychs never mention this because well its a inconvenient truth but basically alcohol + lexapro = bad times.

Lexapro is fine but unless you make the lifestyle adjustments in regards to alcohol and even smoking then its just nothing

Legal way or not doesnt really matter much. Shrooms are basically a unenforced law nowadays, No one cares if you break it
Yeah um a guy I know was put in jail for 3 months , he was caught with a bag of dry shrooms near broken Hill driving to west aust, he wasn't aware of the laws. The police certainly were aware.
I will try find an article

from google:
(redacted name) "was arrested on his way to Margaret River with 35 grams of psilocibin mushrooms. He spent three months in Broken Hill prison, better known as NSW's 'punishment prison"

Last edited:
Yeah um a guy I know was put in jail for 3 months , he was caught with a bag of dry shrooms near broken Hill driving to west aust, he wasn't aware of the laws. The police certainly were aware.
I will try find an article

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

If you got a fricken arsenal of it then yes, but micro doses etc no one is caring about

Remove this Banner Ad

Back