Opinion Derailed Off-Topic Thread / Are You Bored With Life? discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Weird point of view.

Didn't his mum get pursued into a tunnel by paparazzi, where she died?

Fair enough if he can't be stuffed dealing with dickheads from the Daily Mail UK every bloody day.

Not sure what Harry did wrong.
I was referring to the interview they did with Oprah where megs and the little ginger told lots of lies

I think this topic might show where there’s a generation gap on this board and society in general. For those of us who were adults at the time of Diana’s death it was a sickening event. To see a mother of two kids alienated and hounded to the point of death, I have no qualms in Harry giving a massive FU to the crown, the paparazzi and anyone else remotely associated with either.
I was 17. Was very eye opening. And working with kids now, I can seriously see in Harry he was trapped in a cycle of trauma. He played the game for as long as he could but I believe having his own kid made it all real again and he wanted to escape especially with the cesspool UK media who truly are a disgrace with the crap they write. Good for him. The whole monarchy is toxic and needs to be shut down.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I was 17. Was very eye opening. And working with kids now, I can seriously see in Harry he was trapped in a cycle of trauma. He played the game for as long as he could but I believe having his own kid made it all real again and he wanted to escape especially with the cesspool UK media who truly are a disgrace with the crap they write. Good for him. The whole monarchy is toxic and needs to be shut down.

and what about the income it brings in via tourism (obviously outside of Covid times)

And to be fair, what is wrong with William and Kate - have not really put a foot wrong or a nose out of joint

and what about the income it brings in via tourism (obviously outside of Covid times)

And to be fair, what is wrong with William and Kate - have not really put a foot wrong or a nose out of joint
William was older and likely was able to process his mums death better. He could also be better at putting on a front. No one knew Robin Williams was depressed either. So don't make harsh judgements. Everyone's different.

William was older and likely was able to process his mums death better. He could also be better at putting on a front. No one knew Robin Williams was depressed either. So don't make harsh judgements. Everyone's different.

I am not making any judgements about his feelings for his mum and whether he has depression over her death..it was the other crap he moaned about to Oprah that took the p155

I am not making any judgements about his feelings for his mum and whether he has depression over her death..it was the other crap he moaned about to Oprah that took the p155
Sorry I didn't mean you were making harsh judgements. I just meant a you as in anyone.

The fact the paparazzi were chasing the car had nothing to do with it?

Nope

Drunk driver who thought he was capable of driving
The paparazzi pursued her every day of her adult life.

There is no "yes the paparazzi are terrible, but". They ******* suck.

And I don't see how you can put any of the blame onto Diana. She was put into a car because multiple dummy cars had to be sent out to draw the paparazzi away.

Anyway, no matter what we think, I could see why Harry doesn't want to offer them the time of day.
If they pursued her every day of her adult life then why didnt they cause a crash earlier?

I understand the paparazzis are pests but to blame them , as your post implied, is wrong but yes Harry can feel how he wants about them
How was she to know the chauffeur was drunk?
Never said she did or didnt know

Still waiting for ANYONE to provide a source that we didn't go over the salary cap if you count the illigitimate payments.

There is literally no reason for us to arrange for it to be outside the cap unless it was because we were about to go over.

We didn't just arrange it all for the fun of it.

Gotta love megs and her little whining ranga lap dog. it was multi millionaires having a good old whinge to a multi billionaire oprah about how hard life is...but fear not tis all in handView attachment 1139714

"I hate these spoiled billionaire elites.

That's why I'm supporting the monarchy."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still waiting for ANYONE to provide a source that we didn't go over the salary cap if you count the illigitimate payments.

There is literally no reason for us to arrange for it to be outside the cap unless it was because we were about to go over.

We didn't just arrange it all for the fun of it.
The AFL Commission released its findings. I'll dig it up if I can be bothered

There were three breaches

1) Used an illegal inducement (trade to the club of choice for a 2nd rounder) to get Tippett's signature in 2009.

2) Set up a mechanism to pay money to Tippett outside the salary cap if Tippett's 3rd party sponsorship deals didn't reach a certain amount. We lodged false documents with the AFL that excluded this guarantee.

3) "Tipped" money from an existing club sponsor to Tippett to make up the sponsorship shortfall. This is a big no no. We lodged false documents to the AFL that excluded this guarantee.

The "storm in a teacuppers" say we didn't go over the cap... irrelevant. We weren't penalised for going over the cap.

They also point out that we didn't trade Tippett for a 2nd rounder in 2012 anyway... which is also irrelevant. We were penalised for using an illegal inducement to gain his signature in 2009.

I reckon that if Sando's Spike had led us to a flag in 2012 the premiership would have been taken away.

The AFL Commission released its findings. I'll dig it up if I can be bothered

There were three breaches

1) Used an illegal inducement (trade to the club of choice for a 2nd rounder) to get Tippett's signature in 2009.

2) Set up a mechanism to pay money to Tippett outside the salary cap if Tippett's 3rd party sponsorship deals didn't reach a certain amount. We lodged false documents with the AFL that excluded this guarantee.

3) "Tipped" money from an existing club sponsor to Tippett to make up the sponsorship shortfall. This is a big no no. We lodged false documents to the AFL that excluded this guarantee.

The "storm in a teacuppers" say we didn't go over the cap... irrelevant. We weren't penalised for going over the cap.

They also point out that we didn't trade Tippett for a 2nd rounder in 2012 anyway... which is also irrelevant. We were penalised for using an illegal inducement to gain his signature in 2009.

I reckon that if Sando's Spike had led us to a flag in 2012 the premiership would have been taken away.
would just love to know how what we did was different to what Visy and Carlton set up for Chris Judd

would just love to know how what we did was different to what Visy and Carlton set up for Chris Judd
The difference that matters is that they cleared it with the AFL

We tried to hide our effort.

I understand that..but how was it ok for Carlton to pay Judd via a sponsor outside the salary cap?
I assume they had to prove that the club and player sponsorships were separate agreements, independently negotiated and not tied to each other

How they did it is the difference between a club knowing all the loopholes and exploiting them and us blundering along trying to keep up

Eg if Toyota approached Riley Thilthorpe tomorrow and said we want to create a Toyota Riley and want you to be the face of this new vehicle (the horns all play La Cucaracha) then that would be above board

Assuming all was lodged with the AFL and approved.

From memory, crows were playing that day she died.

I was listening to the footy on the radio as we had a power outage that day.

Still remember them announcing it as "good news". No way would they get away with that today.

Eg if Toyota approached Riley Thilthorpe tomorrow and said we want to create a Toyota Riley and want you to be the face of this new vehicle (the horns all play La Cucaracha) then that would be above board

Assuming all was lodged with the AFL and approved.
OR if penfolds sponsor Riley Thilthorpe..after all they have a Penfolds RWT (as Kane McGoodwin had the pleasure to try today)..just need to work out the W in between :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back