Derby Changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Tabs named at FF so he is definitely in.

I am hoping Mitch is one of the ins.
If it's one or the other, I'd rather see Brady. Maybe both? Unfortunately I suspect Ballas will be an in, so couldn't play all 3.

If it's one or the other, I'd rather see Brady. Maybe both? Unfortunately I suspect Ballas will be an in, so couldn't play all 3.
Happy for Brady to play (and prefer him to Ballas) but Mitch's footskills put him ahead of all our small forward/mid options for me. Everyone on here bangs on every week about not hitting targets -> that's what Mitch can do.

Having said that, expect Ballas to be named ahead of either.

I’d actually like Crowden, Ballas and Brady in with Tabs.

Sheridan, Sutcliffe out.
We need some speed and balls to go with the talls.

Who else could go? Giro? I’d like to keep playing him. Matera? He should be kept and actually play as a damn small forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy for Brady to play (and prefer him to Ballas) but Mitch's footskills put him ahead of all our small forward/mid options for me. Everyone on here bangs on every week about not hitting targets -> that's what Mitch can do.

Having said that, expect Ballas to be named ahead of either.

Crowden from his 8 AFL games averages 4.4 kicks a game. Unless every one of those is laces out leading to goals... I'd ease up on the Mitch can hit targets comment. His 2 goal assists total is possibly a fair indication he isn't exactly nailing blokes inside 50m.

But yeah I wouldn't mind seeing him have another crack. Don't mind if Giro makes way for him.

The bench isn't exactly inspiring.

Crowden from his 8 AFL games averages 4.4 kicks a game. Unless every one of those is laces out leading to goals... I'd ease up on the Mitch can hit targets comment. His 2 goal assists total is possibly a fair indication he isn't exactly nailing blokes inside 50m.

But yeah I wouldn't mind seeing him have another crack. Don't mind if Giro makes way for him.

The bench isn't exactly inspiring.
He is in good form in the WAFL and isn't going to get better at AFL level without playing there.

Nobody on this site likes it when blokes miss targets so pick the damn guy that can hit them. The rest you can work on but gun kicks are drafted.

I’d like to see -

OUT:
Sutcliffe, Giro

IN:
Tabs, McCarthy

It could be wishful thinking but I think Cam could go alright if played in a forward line with Tabs and Cox.

He is in good form in the WAFL and isn't going to get better at AFL level without playing there.

Nobody on this site likes it when blokes miss targets so pick the damn guy that can hit them. The rest you can work on but gun kicks are drafted.

Yep give him a crack for sure, but I wouldn't say he's a gun kick. He's just better then a few hacks out there that we do have.

Giro in, thanks. Watch the Port game (when TV commentators loved his footy smarts) - super-quick roving, crumbing. Often his disposal very good. Seems folks focus on the bad kicks. He's made fewer of these, compared with good stuff, than other younguns. He's got a better handle on where the ball's going to be than likeable Crowden.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d like to see -

OUT:
Sutcliffe, Giro

IN:
Tabs, McCarthy

It could be wishful thinking but I think Cam could go alright if played in a forward line with Tabs and Cox.

Mate sorry but it is wishful thinking. He’s not just majorly unfit, it seems he’s mentally checked out..how does one put on weight during the actual season. You lose weight even playing a season of Amateurs. Something ain’t right.

You don't have to dig too far into my post history to see my thoughts on McCarthy, but am I the only one who thinks this "McCarthy is fat / unfit" thing is just a BigFooty thing? I personally don't see it and I've had no one else mention it to me outside of comments on here. I went through 100 odd photos of him from various angles in multiple poses this year and I still don't see it. Like I've been saying for ages - His issue is just his body-work and consistency with his skills. I'd say they're caused more by not having his core & length strength where they need to be than confidence.

You don't have to dig too far into my post history to see my thoughts on McCarthy, but am I the only one who thinks this "McCarthy is fat / unfit" thing is just a BigFooty thing? I personally don't see it and I've had no one else mention it to me outside of comments on here. I went through 100 odd photos of him from various angles in multiple poses this year and I still don't see it. Like I've been saying for ages - His issue is just his body-work and consistency with his skills. I'd say they're caused more by not having his core & length strength where they need to be than confidence.
His fitness or lack of was mentioned on footy classified. They all agreed he’s unfit looking. Not just bigfooty.

His fitness or lack of was mentioned on footy classified. They all agreed he’s unfit looking. Not just bigfooty.

True? I'm sure they watch a lot of Fremantle or at least enough to identify the issues Cam's had since last year, when he wasn't "unfit". ;)

I must admit that I think McCarthy looks unfit because he doesn't show a lot of strength in the contest and I don't see him make alot of repeat efforts.

However if the guys on Footy Classified are saying he is unfit, then I'm going to have to change my opinion! Do they even realise footy is played west of Geelong?

I must admit that I think McCarthy looks unfit because he doesn't show a lot of strength in the contest and I don't see him make alot of repeat efforts.

However if the guys on Footy Classified are saying he is unfit, then I'm going to have to change my opinion! Do they even realise footy is played west of Geelong?
He looks unfit i agree , But so does Mcgovern But the difference is Mcgovern Can play the game very well.

I went through 100 odd photos of him from various angles in multiple poses this year

Sorry bro I know you were being serious but that bit had me pissing myself

Cheers for the laugh

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Giro in, thanks. Watch the Port game (when TV commentators loved his footy smarts) - super-quick roving, crumbing. Often his disposal very good. Seems folks focus on the bad kicks. He's made fewer of these, compared with good stuff, than other younguns. He's got a better handle on where the ball's going to be than likeable Crowden.

Maybe I need to get better glasses, but Giro has impressed me. Yes, he has some rough edges but we can work on them, plus he WANTS the ball. He is a goer, and creates.

If only Matera had Giro's heart …..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back