Derby Changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Jones out irks me. Please PLEASE no tabs in the ruck. But it'll happen. Ross gonna run him rugged all game. Having Jones forward would stretch their defence. And Cox/Tabs/Mccarthy then take the lesser defenders.
Shame, McGovern would have to man up and not be spare man.

Bring the ball to ground and we’re a chance. Long down the line letting Gov take a bunch of marks and we’re buggered

Going long is fine as long as it's to a genuine one on one. Onus is on Tabs, Cox, and McCarthy to offer continual leads and keep McGovern, Hurn, and Barrass honest. If they all continually just mill around the same area, then we're ****ed.

It’s great that our pressure will be up in the forward line however, it doesn’t guarantee our horrible run of clearance losses will change. If we square clearances and win i50s we may have a chance. WC tend to score heavily off limited entries

Jones out irks me. Please PLEASE no tabs in the ruck. But it'll happen. Ross gonna run him rugged all game. Having Jones forward would stretch their defence. And Cox/Tabs/Mccarthy then take the lesser defenders.

Having Jones, Darcy, Taberner, McCarthy, and Cox in the same team is asking for trouble at ground level. None of them are particularly quick.

It's true though, can't look at one or two photos and be deceived into thinking he's actually fat. ;)
s**t, I wish I was that fat :moustache:
(He types as he sips his James Boag, waiting for nando's hot & BBQ mix on 1/2 a chicken
Hurry up guys, I have red wine at home & need to fix my fantasy team before the game starts)
Excuse the stream of consciousness dribble

I like the changes. As a unit Ballantye, Matera, Crowden, Grey and Walters will at least provide some F50 pressure while Tabs is a massive improvement on Jones.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully Cox 2nd ruck. Another way for him to get involved after a few quieter weeks. Weather pending they’ll drop Vardy anywyas

Turnover town last week and they pull out Duman who was probably our cleanest user in a backline under the pump

We should be pushing him up the field to deliver > 50 not dropping him !

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

The tabs, cox, cam mac triple threat is the forward line we've wanted to see all year.

Won't dominate, tabs will be short of fitness and cam mac is horribly out of form, with cox still very green.

BUT it's a chance to build some chemistry.

Don't mind Ballas there just for the leadership factor.

Grey - great in, we know the effort and pressure will be top notch. Is his kicking getting tidier though?

Crowden for Giro isn't significant on face value.

I do feel overall the bodies coming in are tougher than the ones going out, probably a deliberate strategy.

I don't know if you're joking, but it's not necessarily a bad idea now and then to go the scrubber torp inside 50. They're damn hard to mark, which doesn't really disadvantage our blokes that wouldn't mark it anyway.

Half joking, half serious. Anything to stop McGovern intercept marks.

Last edited:
Quite like the changes. On paper, I think the McCarthy-Tabs-Cox setup is something we need to try for the rest of the year, even if Cam is out of form.

Would have liked to drop Matera, as he has been awful and Ballas + Crowden + Matera equals a lot of average short people to be playing along with the good ones in Neale and Walters. At least Giro isn't playing.

Lol, saw "Star Eagle out" as a headline and thought wow, they've lost someone else on top of Kennedy and NN? I think (not certain) they were referring to Sheed :drunk:

Oh yeah I saw that one. Star of what? Guy is the next McGinnity.

Personally think the Matera bashing is a bit odd on here. Feels like there is some seriously unrealistic expectations going on. The reason he hasn't kicked many goals is because hes being poorly coached and out of position.

A - Played out of position
B - One of few players who actually tackles and chases
C - When he is actually rarely inside 50m, hes in arguably the worst forward line in the comp. Even Walters is having a meh season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back