Racing Derby Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they don’t f around what the hell were they doing at Caulfield when they were both beaten out of sight!

In the horses defense his inexperienced rider had him sitting up nicely in 2nd spot but he was caught napping when Best Solution and friend sped away off the slow pace from the 600m. Sole Impact couldn't handle the sudden surge. In Japan he's used to big tracks and solidly run races - which is exactly what he can expect today. Two runs back on May 27 he put in a mighty effort to finish 5th/16 in the Meguro Kinen (Grp 2) 2500m at Tokyo, btn only 1.5 lens after travelling 4 deep all the way. Hugh Bowman booked for the ride is massive.

Each to their own though and you can make a case for every horse in every race all day today!

If they don’t f around what the hell were they doing at Caulfield when they were both beaten out of sight!
Apologies, should have put in brackets generally speaking. Please note the Japanese raiders don’t win 100%

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty plain Verry Ellegant - hard to think she's going to improve in the Oaks off that. Throws the market around a bit with Amphitrite likely not going there.

Qafila OK for 2nd but not convinced about her as a stayer and EDD couldn't beat her home, so at first look I think that's where that race ends as an Oaks trial. Tysonic is still a bit green/improving, maybe one to keep an eye on for the autumn.

Ignoring his Flemington racord and the stable saying they've finally got him right now, the knock I have on Runson would be all his impressive wins have come on tracks where rolling on speed has been no disadvantage at all.

If there's some kinda rail bias today that will help, but they always seem to be eyeballing you then swamping you at the 300 when down the straight. I think he's short enough, but no knock if you're on at better odds.

The weight doesn't worry me with Osborne Bulls, just don't really like backing horses after big runs like his Everest one.

Bons Away has been ticking over nicely for something like this and Havasay is a strong finisher who might be suited to the straight - a small win bet on each at the double figure odds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back