Autopsy Derby loss

Remove this Banner Ad

Fremantle, please draft me next season.

Haven't kicked a footy for 15 years. Out of shape, pretty slow.

But Im 6ft 4", weigh 26 stone and swing sledgehammers for a living. Just put me on for the opening bounce, ball won't even leave the umps hand.

Still burning, bring back Dale Kickett at least

Last edited:
Simpson’s comments describing Gaffs unintentional act eptimomise the WC culture..... Elitist and a perception of being untouchable. The club and WA media have been drinking the WC bath water for far too long.

Their fans are no better cheering an A Grade thug. I don’t buy the ‘they weren’t to know’. Every spectator in the crowd has a phone or radio. They have proven form with their treatement of an AFL legend, Adan Goodes

A coach from a club that had some sense of perception of reality would have pulled Gaff from the ground for the game to set a standard of behaviour for the other players. Instead Simpson put Gaff back out and encourages his players to rally around Gaff resulting in them treating him like a hero after kicking a goal.

The media saying they feel bad for Gaff are a disgrace. Maybe if Gaff was interviewed with the image of Brayshaws wired jaw drinking through a straw behind him would they realise what he has actually done.

PATHETIC WC simply PATHETIC

Get well Andy we are all behind you.

The cynic in me says Gaff was remorseful for;
1. Brownlow plans in tatters
2. Trade price diminished due to character issues.
3. Loss of ‘soft’ tag by king hitting an 18 year old rising star
4. Struggling to think of what to say to Andy’s brother
5. Shown up to be the weak c**t we all knew he was.
Maybe I’m just overthinking it.. you decide.

Thought we competed well. Fwd entries killed us.

The whole pump it long thing doesnt work for us. Against wc who have elite intercept players its just dumb footy. We lack composure so our entries are shithouse. Our fwds have no cohesion watsover.
Wce didnt have a heap more entries they just use the ball better. They take their time making decisions and the fwds know where to lead to. Only difference i could see today.

Oh and they r a bunch of thugs too.

I hope our Andrew gets a call or visit from the chairman of the WAFC and AFL CEO Gil McLaughlin. Surely, Freo's CEO and/or President will call or visit him. Though with a broken jaw, it would be diificult to speak back. Get out the purple balloons. A Brave man.

Defence is really missing a quick lock down small defender at the moment. Fantasia, Bruest, Rioli, cripps and asleepatthewheel have killed us the last 3 weeks.
Centre clearances much improved this week
I think our movement out of defence is fine it's the final kick into the fifty that's killing us
Brayshaw has stepped up a gear since he's been back
Our first year players had very little impact this week (excluding brayshaw)
Think tabs, Cox and dardy might work
Not sure Tucker will make it

Just a really, really disappointing game.:sick: I feel flat.

We looked good early I thought but were ******* things up big time in the forward line. Never got any better.

Brayshaw aside, one of the big disappointments for me was Cox. I like him and think he'll be great but he was awful today I thought.
And other than his performance in the scuffle, big Darc was pretty ordinary too.

Simpson seems to have Lyons measure just like Clarkson and Fagan. Yes I know we were less experienced and they're a good team and the maggots favoured them but put Fyfe and Blakely back in, I don't think it makes much difference. Our game plan is still s**t.

Our average losing margin this year is higher than last year. We're not going anywhere at the moment. To use a nautical analogy we're in dead calm seas. Just sitting, drifting ever so slowly nowhere.
No game plan holds up when the execution is as bad as ours was especially in Q1 when we had control for a very long period but skill errors killed us. The coach can’t go out and kick the ball or make the decisions. The game plan helped create opportunities but execution failure lead to no value on the scoreboard.

I personally don't think Gaff meant to punch him in the face, I reckon he wanted a midriff punch and totally f****d it up. Either way he has to wear that and poor Andy B is in a rough spot. What shits me is the immediate spin job, Simpson down to the bench with plenty of remorseful shots for the TV. Gaff gets a front on bump by two Dockers when he returns to the field and carries on like he's been poleaxed and concussed. Get up and take your medicine like a man you F****n squib.

First part in bold - sorry, but I call BS. You can't mean to hit someone in the midriff and hit them that hard. A misguided tummy tap doesn't break a jaw and cave 4 of your teeth in, regardless of how badly you f*** it up.

Second part - f***en A! Pathetic little piece of shyte.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The sad thing is gaff will only get like 4 weeks and be back for finals
Could he be wound up like a toy by an opposition player in an attempt to make him react and snap to get him suspended again?

With all that sugar filled gatorade they drink, he will get cavities soon enough. Eligible to play for Collingwood.

I see emotions are running high and that's totally fair. WC fans can only ask how they would feel if the situation was reversed.

I love Gaffy and in a strange way your footy club is kind of like a family, so you may be able to understand why to some extent WC fans will want to support him (within reason - personally I thought the cheer for his goal for example was a little bit inappropriate). That said, what happened today ******* sucked. Like really really ******* sucked. I'm sad and pissed off we have lost our best mid for the year and I'm also sad for Andrew Brayshaw who was possibly your second best mid on the ground when it happened.

Unbelievable stuff. Anyway, I actually thought the standard of the derby wasn't too bad. Some of the ball movement from both sides was decent - I was expecting a bit of a scrap. I hope things go well for the rest of your youngsters this season and that you proceed to never ever win another derby. Cheers.

Defence is really missing a quick lock down small defender at the moment. Fantasia, Bruest, Rioli, cripps and asleepatthewheel have killed us the last 3 weeks.
Centre clearances much improved this week
I think our movement out of defence is fine it's the final kick into the fifty that's killing us
Brayshaw has stepped up a gear since he's been back
Our first year players had very little impact this week (excluding brayshaw)
Think tabs, Cox and dardy might work
Not sure Tucker will make it

Nyhuis

I thought the commentary from Riewoldt and Pavlich gave a quite good perspective on our forward entries from a forwards point of view - and how its a mix of bad decision making skills from players with the ball, and sometimes just as much as forwards not working together to give the kicker options.
Very clear that our forwards either:
1. Dont know when to lead
2. Don’t know where to lead.

I love Gaffy and in a strange way your footy club is kind of like a family, so you may be able to understand why to some extent WC fans will want to support him (within reason - personally I thought the cheer for his goal for example was a little bit inappropriate).

You love an arsewipe who has hospitalised a teenager with a contemptible act of unprovoked cowardice and you think cheering the perpetrator was a little twee.

You believe you are one of the better ones of your kind.

Your coach, who knows Gaff's character cannot be questioned and it wasn't intentional, shares the belief.

Don't see any from your club with the integrity to acknowledge the truth about Brayshaw's hospitalisation.

This should be a 6-8 week suspension.
Weeks don't cover this.

I think we knew before the game his absence would hurt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back