Autopsy Derby loss

Remove this Banner Ad

Disagree on the defense. The reason they kicked 20 goals (and we didn't kick more) was because we butchered so many of our attacks and they scored from them. It is a whole team problem.
Yeah exactly. More than 15 of their goals were from turnovers weren't they? Our defence was much weaker without Hamling but hardly their fault.

Gaff will cop his 6 and move to Melbourne, really showed how weak we are as a club, only Ballas and Johno gave him a touch up to send a message, missing nic nat no stat and Kennedy and still nearly belted us by 100, usually when a team sees the writing on the wall they transition young kids into the game, Ross just throwing them all to the wolves and building a losing culture, we must be the kings of giving away intercept marks, do we not have the foot skills to lower our eyes? we did well for inside fifties and clearances but to no avail, glad we got some junk goals to make us look semi ok, not sure where this team is going, 8 50+ point beltings this year and probably an average losing margin worse than last? going to be a rough few years i think

punctuation. helps.

Disagreed with the first bit about 'showing how weak we are' as a club. Culture cuts both ways in wanting to build a club that plays hard but fair. We've always looked to recruit guys with good character and now you want them to randomly belt someone. Can't have it both ways, and who does it ultimately serve outside of your sense of justice? Certainly not the players or the club to get suspended and then not be available to play. Think before you talk.

Disagreed with 'building a losing culture'. The players know where it is at - and if you listen to the messages they speak of, there's a method behind it all. We've tried to maintain (availability pending) a number of senior people in the team to guide the kids so that they aren't 'thrown to the wolves'. Is it Fyfe's fault that he can't be out there to help? Sandi's? You only need to *actually* watch the team to see what we're trying to do. There's a gap between idea and execution - but the intent is visible.

Agree with 'giving away intercept marks and foot skills'. There's a level of confidence that players get when the game plan clicks, and players look good when the next guy up the chain is where he's meant to be. Our skills will look better once the systems are more embedded. That doesn't mean the guys aren't failing at some basic skills like lowering their eyes and making smarter decisions when people aren't where they're meant to be. Matera was notorious for this on the weekend. I wonder at times whether opposition players position themselves to the most dangerous zones defensively - and we kick to those same zones (except our players aren't there) so we effectively kick straight to the opposition.

Disagree with it being a rough few years ahead. Tabs is back and looks dangerous again - just needs time with Cox and McCarthy. All three look better when playing together, just need to figure out their timing and strategy. Cox has shown a lot this year. Cerra and Brayshaw have shown in their first year that they belong. Giro and Crowden have shown enough to suggest they will at least be handy depth. Darcy will be better for the run, and the experience. We haven't played much of Johnson, Pearce, Spurr, etc this season so we know that we'll be ok without them. What more evidence do you need? Winning more games? As stacked as GWS is, it took several seasons of playing kids before they were competitive. There are enough visible gems in the rough to know that the bones of a good team are there. The only unknown is whether it will become a great team in time.

Was my first live game in about two years (been overseas and barely got to watch much footy in that time) and was a total shocker and add Gaffs dog act on top made it a nightmare day :mad: Shattered for Andy:'(:'(

Imagine being andrews mum. As the eagles supporters gave gaff a standing ovation or the players gathered around the perpertrator. It would have been heartbreaking, it would have been spine chilling as the hysteria went around the ground. Eagles at there absolute worst yesterday
There was some footage on afl.com.au of when Andy got himself into the Ambulance. You could hear the 3qrt siren go and big Rosco came charging past. Andy’s mum was there and Andy was seen shaking the hands of the paramedics. It looked like he said I’ll be fine - You can meet me at the Hospital.

Anyway Andy’s mum was prob busy looking for an old chair to set up next to his bed at RPH when Gaff kicked that goal.

To be fair to the WC players they wouldn’t have known exactly how bad it was what Gaff did and how badly injured Brayshaw was. It still wasn’t a good look.

Being at the game the crowd by that stage were well aware and many of them carried on like complete twats.

I’m longing for another 2016 finals knock-out so I can sit back and enjoy the salty tears. GWS win in Perth and then Collingwood/Melbourne/Hawks win in Perth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I normally don't have this much hate in me as I have now for that establishment up the road,but Nisbett's comments have tipped me over the edge.

Nisbett's comments saying that Lyon's take on the incident were innappropriate-WTF....

Same. I just read that too and now I’m angry all over again. Smarmy prick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I normally don't have this much hate in me as I have now for that establishment up the road,but Nisbett's comments have tipped me over the edge.

Nisbett's comments saying that Lyon's take on the incident were innappropriate-WTF....
It is like he thinks hes the Don of some Mafia organisation.
It was a rare chance to see Ross being straight down the line.

It is like he thinks hes the Don of some Mafia organisation.
It was a rare chance to see Ross being straight down the line.

You have Simpson saying we as a club(west coast cowards) & Gaff have to take ownership of the coward punch on Brayshaw.
And then you get Nisbett stating the eagles might still contest the ruling.

Gaff s**t aside.

- Tabs was rusty af, Cox has dropped off quite a bit from his purple patch and McCarthy's first half was awful. As a group they bumped into each other, missed 3 fairly easy shots, crowded each others space, rarely blocked or provide dummy runs to create space for each other.

Yet they still kicked 5.3 between them with 2-3 complete misses. Could have easily kicked 7-8 goals between the three of them against a top2 side. So much room for improvement on an individual basis and working as a forward unit.

A forward structure helped bring in the smalls (Matera/Walters/Ballas) also kicking 5 goals.

We butchered the ball so badly though that it's just impossible to defend. AP is desperately in need of the end of season. He has done alot this season but I think he is struggling after a long season coming off 2yrs out.

Hamling was sorely missed and I think Nyhuis covers a massive need in our backline. Opposition smalls have been having a field day.

Brayshaw was looking like a ******* A grade mid.

I love my dog and think it is unfair to them to call acts atrocious action as a 'dog act'. He is a coward. A weak, low life coward. One punch acts like this are shown all the time on the news from blokes. Often with the defense "it's not in my character". He is gutless and for WC supporters, WC coaching staff and WC players to carry on like they did supporting this act are even lower than the culprit himself - no surprises there though given the history of doing what it takes to get a flag even allowing ongoing drug addictions to occur in the pursuit. Disgusting from all involved at WC but don't expect anything less. Also the media spruiking the "poor Gaff" angle as if he was the victim.

Hope Gaff gets 10 weeks minimum and should count himself lucky not to get done for GBH.

Still cannot get over how poor Brayshaw and his family must be feeling. Probably the last bloke that deserved such an action to occur to him. Hope it doesn't affect him going forward. He's a true champion.

To our guys, they drew a line in the sand and showed they wouldn't stand for that sort of garbage. Borderline on taking it too far but they held their resolve well in my opinion. The Johnson incident could have happened in any game.
Great post. Thanks.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back