News Dermott Brereton taps Tex on the shoulder

Remove this Banner Ad

Mixed feelings on this.

Would hate to see him in another jumper, but think he us not in our best 22.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
My thoughts exactly.

I think he should retire at the end of the year, and I'd be surprised if there was any interest in him from other clubs.

I don't think him continuing into 2020 as part of the squad will benefit our team in any way. But he should still be around the club as a leader

My thoughts exactly.

I think he should retire at the end of the year, and I'd be surprised if there was any interest in him from other clubs.

I don't think him continuing into 2020 as part of the squad will benefit our team in any way. But he should still be around the club as a leader

I suspect we can only afford to pay out one contract early under the cap, in which case we should definitely be making it a priority to offload Gibbs before Tex.

Not sure that was a lie? He had been grooming him, the bloke died and then he “had to stay on to find another suitable candidate”. You can call him out on lots of things, not sure that’s one of them.

It didn't seem to be very well known that he was grooming him.

My thoughts exactly.

2020 is here now, although I wish it wasn’t.

I'm sure Fogarty will be glad to see Tex playing on next year....... not
How's Fog meant to get a game when we have Tex and Lynch playing up there.
His development has been absolutely terrible, would not be surprised if he asks for a trade at the end of the year

Tex message: Crows want 'amazing team member' playing in 2021 - https://www.afl.com.au/news/488406
Club needs to take McDonald or Thilthorpe at the draft. I doubt we will take either as they won't be getting a game next year. Joke of a club.

Last edited:
His development has been absolutely terrible, would not be surprised if he asks for a trade at the end of the year
Fog should be putting his spot in the best 22 beyond doubt instead of waiting for a bloke on his last leg to retire. Fogs got the talent but he needs to pull his finger out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"I'd love to honour my contract"

Buying time for himself, must have learnt from Chapman.

We're going to end up carrying him for another year at the expensive of youth. **** this club is so weak.
Club must protect the poor decisions from above. "We protect as one" is the new motto for '21 apparently.

It was well known.

.. so no, he never said it?

and your 'well known' is in fact just your usual defense of authority when it comes to the club.

You have the same irrational deference to Chapman that you used to have for Trigg.

Fogarty should worry about being selected ahead of Billy Frampton before worrying about whether his coronation as first-choice forward is delayed.

Fogarty should worry about being selected ahead of Billy Frampton before worrying about whether his coronation as first-choice forward is delayed.

Yeah, there's no way we could lose by being so myopic in our treatment of him.

Yeah, there's no way we could lose by being so myopic in our treatment of him.
I am not sure that Tex is holding Fog back. Lets face it Fog hasn't really produced a lot. Yes he can kick the ball but he seems to struggle a lot trying to get the ball. He came with a reputation of being a strong mark and being able to crash the pack. I have seen him hit the pack but I haven't seen too many pack marks. Many have suggested that his fitness is holding him back. So Fog has to get fit before he gets in ahead of Tex. Dont get me wrong..Tex is really struggling but until Fog gets his act together I would leave Tex in. Tex can at help organise the players.

I am not sure that Tex is holding Fog back. Lets face it Fog hasn't really produced a lot. Yes he can kick the ball but he seems to struggle a lot trying to get the ball. He came with a reputation of being a strong mark and being able to crash the pack. I have seen him hit the pack but I haven't seen too many pack marks. Many have suggested that his fitness is holding him back. So Fog has to get fit before he gets in ahead of Tex. Dont get me wrong..Tex is really struggling but until Fog gets his act together I would leave Tex in. Tex can at help organise the players.

He's played barely double digit games, and he has a five goal haul under his belt against the reigning premiers away from him.

The idea that he could possibly have produced more, playing in this burning trash fire team, is a bit outlandish tbh.

He was out of form when he recently played, sure, but we can somehow find it in us to give senior players multiple seasons to find form whilst the most talented youngster on our list gets exile?

If his body holds up let Tex play 2021 you can always play him off the bench and use him in a coaching capacity at the same time. Why is Fogerty unfit? Covid season or not players can still run laps. I think Tex has dropped off this year due to fitness levels, like the rest of the players. Gold coast used Hodge as a player/coach to help the younger ones, Burgoyne's still playing. Our problem is our forward line coach, midfield, backline and fitness coaches.
2017 - 23 Games, 54 goals, 33 goal assists, is part of a Crows team that finished 2nd for clearances and 2nd for I50's. Has two other talls who are reasonably agile and are able to get to contests/crash packs and provide an option.
Eddie Betts + CC creating pressure inside 50 helping Crows come 5th for tackles I50, and providing their own goal assists.

2018 - 14 Games, 26 goals - Charlie Cameron gone, McGov plays 12 games. Crows drop to 7th in clearances, 12th in centre clearances, 10th for I50's and 9th for tackles I50. Tex is known to be carrying a foot injury throughout the whole year, has foot surgery at the end of the year.

2019 - 22 Games, 43 goals, 15 goal assists, McGov is gone, Crows drop to 10th in clearances, 15th in centre clearances, 12th for Inside 50's

2020 - Leading Goal kicker AND leading goal assists. No JJ or Eddie. Crows team now ranking 18th for inside 50's, 17th for clearances, 18th for centre clearances. Supply into the forward line, both quality and quantity, is now gone.

Don't get me wrong, i DO believe his form has dropped off, but IMO the stats don't lie. The supply into that forward line is practically non-existent now and had been getting progressively worse after 2017. We have midfielders who can't get it out of the middle, and when they do they stick it on the boot, then when it is heading into the forward line Tex is doing the heavy lifting in the contest instead of being given an option to lead to the ball, and he has a TONNE of inexperienced players around him now. At his age it should be expected that another key forward moves in to take the number one spot, with Tex as support, similar to Jack Riewoldt now at Richmond. At the moment Fogarty is not that player, so people need to be a lot more patient with our forward line in general as it is a massive work in progress.

The biggest haters of Tex, IMO, are the older generation of Crows supporters who still can't come to grips that a key position player can impact a game without scoring goals these days. Even in 2019 when you had a whole bunch of people on here saying he had a crap year, Champion data had him rated as ELITE, with their scoring taking into account many more facets of a players game than pure numbers.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Is he being instructed to do that sh#t by Ben Fart.
You've just highlighted the most frustrating thing with Walker.

It makes no sense to me why he does this, the ball comes in and he takes his eye off it and looks at the defender and then starts jostling with them. I don't see other forwards doing it so it's always puzzling to see Walker constantly doing it all the time.

The other classic Tex is where he has front spot, but then spins behind the defender who then takes front position and marks the ball.

It's a failure of our coaching staff that no one has instructed Walker to stop doing it and it doesn't help when we have a buffoon as our forward line coach. Any coach worth their salt would have been telling Tex to keep his eyes on the ball, play from the front and attack the ball and not worry the defender.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fog should be putting his spot in the best 22 beyond doubt instead of waiting for a bloke on his last leg to retire. Fogs got the talent but he needs to pull his finger out.

Exactly. Tex getting a couple of possessions and a goal a game isnt stopping Fog making himself irresistible on the lead. Fog needs to make the position his, just like any other player. And so far he hasnt.

Yes because it's not like our side has a LONG history of keeping better performing kids out of the senior side for the sake of underperforming 'senior' players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back