News Dermott Brereton taps Tex on the shoulder

Remove this Banner Ad

This just carries on from the senior players being in a bubble and being slightly delusional about their football careers, this wasn’t helped by consistently having naive words told to them for years from Don Pyke and Camporeale that they shouldn’t listen to any outside noise. Just like every time Tex is told of criticism whether justified or not he always replies with “I only trust and take on board advice from the people I talk to” couple that with the feeling they all believe their footballing success was only ruined by outside forces and had nothing to do with themselves and you get this perfect storm of this protect their own arses mantra.
Makes me wonder how deep this delusion runs at the club. We might need to remove 50/60% of the club for all I know. It must have slowly crept in over the years and is now firmly entrenched The clubs pretty ****ed if it’s not addressed ASAP.

It was hard to be highly critical of a former good player during a milestone week. That was 2 days ago and now the campaigner just needs to rack off and retire. He’s now just milking all of our membership monies which is greedy but understandable. Except when you are banging on about all that club first bollocks they keep lying to the members about. I think Tex can be a good maybe great coach. But his playing good footy days are long past now.

Well then he must not enjoy many of the games I've watched that he's called then.... ;)
No doubt you were watching a crows game and it’s not surprising Brereton didn’t like it. I’ve struggled to watch them this year to.

It was well known.

It’s complete crap Jenn.

If the board doesn’t have an effective succession plan, it’s yet another failure of theirs.

And why did the successor need to be groomed? Wasn’t he already a board member?

It’s bullshit invented after the fact.

Interesting that Tredrea said that we might as well play Tex for the rest of the season. Said better to keep him on the list next year than pay out, but club needs to be honest with him about next year.

Don't agree with playing him the rest of the year, but don't really care if he's in the squad next year or not if he's not playing AFL.

Interesting that Tredrea said that we might as well play Tex for the rest of the season. Said better to keep him on the list next year than pay out, but club needs to be honest with him about next year.

Don't agree with playing him the rest of the year, but don't really care if he's in the squad next year or not if he's not playing AFL.
Why the hell would you play him if he’s getting 3 kicks a game. I reckon I’d get that many just standing there. By the law of averages.

And a cooked body. Lifting for a short period takes a lot of him. Even the game that signalled his return was half a game. He's as cooked as Betts, but there's a lot of excuses made given he's a 1 club Crow. I can excuse carrying him to 200, but I think it's a mistake. Retiring at 197 because the body can't go on is more to be proud of than being carried to 200 that form didn't warrant. In any case, I'd hope any talk of carrying him to break Mods record is pure crap. Simply cannot keep selecting a cooked player to break a record that they may not even get to.
David Mackay has played more games. And everyone said he’s cooked five yrs ago.
But just chip away. Just chip, chip, chip away. David Mackay will end up an Uber coach like Clarko. Mark it for drunken ineptness or hindsight.

Dermy reckons Tex should retire.
I think it’s probably time. I think his football knowledge will make him a good coach.

So how many games did this blowhard stretch it out in a different jumper than the Hawks ? As many as he could to get the mug on the tv. Absolute w***er that will explain any current football scenario by referring to his time back in the day.
His best work was on getaway rather than talking about the sport he played.

I know this is the early days, but look at how Tex moves in this chase.

He's lost so much pace, i'm guessing due to being a big man with an ACL. For example Brodie Smith seems to move just as well now as he did pre-ACL.

I was at that game and Sydney simply didn't have any answers for his leading and kicking at goal. He was on fire.

A far cry from where he is today, sadly.

I think we need to can this idea that we need Tex for his leadership. It is very hard to have much impact as a leader when you can't get a kick and not presenting yourself in the best shape.

Regardless of your thoughts on how he has led the club over the years, sometimes you need some fresh ideas and voices without the baggage.

Based on what I am hearing I suspect he will go at seasons end especially if he can get Modra's record. As great a player as he has been I hope when he does go he distances himself from the club for a few years. I think it would be good for Tex and the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we need to can this idea that we need Tex for his leadership. It is very hard to have much impact as a leader when you can't get a kick and not presenting yourself in the best shape.

Regardless of your thoughts on how he has led the club over the years, sometimes you need some fresh ideas and voices without the baggage.

Based on what I am hearing I suspect he will go at seasons end especially if he can get Modra's record. As great a player as he has been I hope when he does go he distances himself from the club for a few years. I think it would be good for Tex and the club.
Why can’t you still love the club and transition from player to coaching ranks?
Distance for what. If it you’re home and you love it then why not?
I don’t want him to go anywhere. Give heart and soul to some other club when we are on our haunches!? * that.

It’s complete crap Jenn.

If the board doesn’t have an effective succession plan, it’s yet another failure of theirs.

And why did the successor need to be groomed? Wasn’t he already a board member?

It’s bullshit invented after the fact.

Agreed, it is like every other job out there, there are outstanding candidates that can do the job. It is almost like people believe that being on our board is such a unique role that there is no way possible that someone may have attained similar experience in a similar environment. with a skill set they could bring.

The fact that Chapman has never once been called out in the media for this bullshit statement is staggering, he should be mocked for it. To be honest, though, the fact he wasn't belittled for the "10% of our brains" comment shows how little scrutiny the AFC board come under

I know this has been thrown around already but what is the harm of having tex play in the sanfl next year with one or two cameos in the firsts. we are desperate for coaches, we have no soft cap to pay new decent assistant coaches and we will have cap space for players because no big name fish will want to come. so why not say to Tex just be our secret forwards coach just stay sort of in shape and then call it a day. cant be any worse that the wet sock we currently call a forwards coach.

I know this is the early days, but look at how Tex moves in this chase.

He's lost so much pace, i'm guessing due to being a big man with an ACL. For example Brodie Smith seems to move just as well now as he did pre-ACL.

Probably that and just being overweight for a few years has done it.

I.e. Tex should have never gone above 96 kg, and especially not pushing 105 kg.

I know this has been thrown around already but what is the harm of having tex play in the sanfl next year with one or two cameos in the firsts. we are desperate for coaches, we have no soft cap to pay new decent assistant coaches and we will have cap space for players because no big name fish will want to come. so why not say to Tex just be our secret forwards coach just stay sort of in shape and then call it a day. cant be any worse that the wet sock we currently call a forwards coach.

Because list sizes are getting slashed and we need all the space we can get for kids?

Because list sizes are getting slashed and we need all the space we can get for kids?

I think that's right. If we're not projecting any AFL purpose, then why forfeit the even minute chance that whoever we list in that spot could be a player?

I don't want to write off Walker's legacy but that Fremantle semi-final - I mean, yeah, he won us the game, but McPharlin was out and you had Alex Silvagni standing him

He did what he was supposed to that game
And the other games?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back