Dermott Brereton

Remove this Banner Ad

He said something about the shape of Tom Ruggles head. But much like everything else Derm says I wasn't paying attention.

He said something about the shape of Tom Ruggles head. But much like everything else Derm says I wasn't paying attention.

When he wasn't making ridiculous accusations about Geelong's medical staff and its professionalism as a football club in general, by suggesting that Mitch Duncan was still affected by the knock he copped from Mumford the week before (you may remember that Brereton did that game too and was practically reading the last rites to Duncan after that hit).

Note to Brereton: players get caught with the ball and mess up their kicks from time to time...it happens. To suggest that is evidence that Duncan shouldn't be playing, or that Geelong would take any risks with Duncan, when taking on the might of Brisbane at Kardinia Park is pretty insulting and if I was the Geelong Football Club, I'd be demanding a retraction.

He also has an annoying habit of talking in a manner which makes it almost impossible to interrupt him.....but has no qualms about talking over everyone else when they have the floor. He's at his worst when he not only explains what someone has done, but what they were thinking. Massive ego.
I have noticed that too. He seems to just go on these tangents that don't end, and if a fellow commentator tries to talk about what's happening in front of them, he can be very quick to shut them down.

I have noticed that too. He seems to just go on these tangents that don't end, and if a fellow commentator tries to talk about what's happening in front of them, he can be very quick to shut them down.

Happened when he was doing the round tables and you could see the others were getting irritated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Me too.

I think it's best we leave quietly.
Your kind's not welcome here.

I actually don't mind Dermie aswell. He's a bit of a knob and his tone can be grating,but at least he's interesting and gives honest assessments on players instead of fence sitting bullshit

Your kind's not welcome here.

I actually don't mind Dermie aswell. He's a bit of a knob and his tone can be grating,but at least he's interesting and gives honest assessments on players instead of fence sitting bullshit
Same. I understand there's a lot of ego and bullshit involved, and the Cyril/Hawthorn wank is annoying, but if you look past that he does make some interesting observations now and then. He picks things out that others miss, and he provides what unique insights he has on certain players particularly those he has worked with at GWS. Plus he seems like a decent enough bloke. Have heard as much from those who have met him. Give me Derm over Dwayne any day.

But you're right, we're on enemy territory :D

I am not the first to say this but Derm makes out like everything he says is like a teaching from the Dalai Lama and Deepak Chopra's love child. He uses tones to make it sound like he is whispering some deep profound mystic secret. Just shut the eff up. For god's sake. You are talking sh*t.
I read this in dermies voice

Watching Derm on AFL teams repeat tonight - is Derm trying to sneak the mullet back in? Starting to get a bit long down back...

Who the **** is Colonel Custer?

George Armstrong Custer was a highly esteemed General in the U.S army and Union Army during the 1860"s. As the first placed graduate of his finishing year at West Point he was expected to rise quickly through the ranks and did so. More famous as a General he did hold the rank of colonel for a short time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back