Describe the worst ******* person you ever had to work with

Remove this Banner Ad

The George Costanza.

“I always look annoyed. Yeah, when you look annoyed all the time, people think that you're busy"

When I didnt want to be bothered Id walk fast through an area pretending to work something out in my head.. holding my fingers out like I was counting.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

When i started working at hoyts I still remember the advice from my first supervisor who trained me. "If you've got nothing to do- grab a sponge and look busy" in case the managers ever came downstairs.

So grab a sponge- first piece of advice never forgot it.

we used to have one guy work for us, always turned up bang on 9am or late, never helped out,got everyone off side one day he stuffed up a delivery for a customer and i had to fix it up for him, decided to ping his commission, he complained he was being bullied by the store manager and had his commission reinstated, he would tell bullshit to customers and deny it even though we heard him.

he wanted holidays to go back to his country of birth, wanted over the Christmas periods, was told no, company compromised and he went just after New years, wanted 6 weeks holidays but only had 3 weeks accrued, and wanted to take 3 weeks unpaid, he was told no, only was allowed to take the 3 weeks, a few days before he was to return, he called up sick saying he was in hospital, he sent us a dodgy sick certificate, i checked the hospital and it didn't even exist, finally came back a month later, then he wanted a couple days off over Easter, we gave him partly what he wanted, he didn't turn up for work after Easter, we had to ring him up to find out he was still in Sydney, he didn't care as we just found out the company was closing down, except for our store

that one day he took off after Easter cost him his job as we told the GM we didn't want him to continue working with us and then his final commission payment he lost about $5k in commission for dodgy sales and other things :)

Plenty of examples in my former and current lines of work. One guy I worked with in Government was late 40s, lived with his mother and cats. Had an unhealthy obsession with any redhead that worked in the building and especially if they were under 30. He also used to call his mother during shift to speak to said cats and sing to them. Not only was a potential Jeffrey Dahmer he also could do about 20% of the tasks expected of his position but because he was permanent they couldn't get rid of him.

In the same office there was a middle aged woman who had been bumped down to part time. Was a raging alcoholic who didn't show up every few days and when she did show up had bruises on her from where she'd gotten drunk and had a fall. Tried time and time again through HR to help her and give her support but it was met with hostility. She used to have affairs with men of a similar age. When they realised how much of a train wreck she was they'd go back to their wives and she go on a tear. She also could hardly do her role but was permanent so couldn't be shot in to the sun.

It's hard to understand how these people were hired in the first place and passed their probation period if they couldn't even do the job they're being paid to do.

When i started working at hoyts I still remember the advice from my first supervisor who trained me. "If you've got nothing to do- grab a sponge and look busy" in case the managers ever came downstairs.

So grab a sponge- first piece of advice never forgot it.
Yep.

"If you've got time to lean you've got time to clean"

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

When i worked at the bottle o (oh hai Crowy) my boss went on leave for a few weeks. One of the points he left on the note on the fridge wall was "If someone dies, be thankful it's not you and come to work anyway." This bloke was a deadset lunatic, was only there for a year or so but he was a nightmare.

He then got replaced with a legend, still one of my mates. We used to work the late shift on a Friday and go smoke a bowl at his joint and play playstation, good times.

There was one guy I used to work with who was a real tight-arse. Would always claim he was short of money and wanted to borrow $5 to buy some lunch and promise to pay you back but never did, or ask a smoker for a ciggy as he'd just smoked his last one, stuff like that.

He also used to follow this girl around all the time who had a boyfriend and wasn't interested, but he wouldn't take no for an answer. One day we were working in Ballarat and I had driven to work that day (usually we'd just pile into a mini-bus if we were working out of town). The girl lived near me and asked if she could have a lift home as she didn't want to sit on the bus with him on the way back. All the way to Geelong she was bad mouthing this guy.

Next day we were all waiting for the boss to open the gates so we could park in the car-park. The girl pulled up behind me in her car and then this guy walked up to her car. However, he didn't notice her boyfriend was in the car with her, so when he walked up the boyfriend got out and abused the hell out of him. Five minutes later the boss turned up and let us into the car park. When we told him what had happened he wished he had got there earlier.

The most annoying person at work atm is a female colleague who laughs at everything. She'll say something then laugh like she's just cracked the funniest joke ever. "It's a nice morning isn't it? Hahahahaaha". Nice enough woman but it does my head in.
Not the worst but definitely the most odd was a bloke I worked with at a pub in the UK.

-everyone front of house was early to mid 20's, he was early 30's which stood out like a sore thumb.
-He also broke his hand after punching a wall because the ice machine stopped working
-He abruptly deleted his Facebook profile and created a new one under an alias. Never did figure out why.
-Was chock full of fabricated stories including but not limited to:
*We had two people punch on in the pub one time but not to worry because he made a quick call 'to some gypsy friends of mine who owe me one' who had graciously 'offered to come down and sort this nonsense out' for him.
*Bragged he broke up with his ex because she wouldn't perform a certain sex act on him. It later came out she dumped him because he's a campaigner.
*He always had an underground bare knuckle boxing fight coming up of which he was a participant. Somehow they all got postponed at the last minute.
*His previous underground bare knuckle fighting record was 6-1 and the one loss was because he didn't go hard enough on the guy in the first round, but not to worry he won the rematch in just 15 seconds with a right hook to the head.
*His brother who used to work with us as well was away for a few days because he was 'sorting out some business for me up north'. His brother had actually gone up to Manchester to visit some uni friends.

It was never a dull moment with Steve.

Was he ever in the territorial army?

This thread is about 3/10 on the worst ******* person you ever had to work with scale
I encourage fellow Restaurant & Catering employees to come forth with tales of drunks, druggies, perves, divas, and utter scumbags

This thread is about 3/10 on the worst ******* person you ever had to work with scale
I encourage fellow Restaurant & Catering employees to come forth with tales of drunks, druggies, perves, divas, and utter scumbags
I employed a kid as a dish bitch as a favour to his parents because he'd just got off gear and the first question he asked was "can I put my methadone in the fridge". Nearly twenty years on he's still clean.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Person I currently sit next to in the office. Single child. 32. Was divorced by 26. Serious Asperger's. Doesn't shut the **** up, needs constant attentionm has a judgmental opinion on everything, is ugly, brown-noses the boss something ridiculous. Generally just gross.

When i worked at the bottle o (oh hai Crowy) my boss went on leave for a few weeks. One of the points he left on the note on the fridge wall was "If someone dies, be thankful it's not you and come to work anyway." This bloke was a deadset lunatic, was only there for a year or so but he was a nightmare.
My first boss was like this. He refused to give me time off to attend my Grandfathers funeral. He also used to tell us we had to come to work sick or not and he'd judge if we were too sick to work. I went to work with a broken collarbone and only once the busy morning period had finished did he let me leave, and even then it was because several of the other employees were demanding that I go home.

My first boss was like this. He refused to give me time off to attend my Grandfathers funeral. He also used to tell us we had to come to work sick or not and he'd judge if we were too sick to work. I went to work with a broken collarbone and only once the busy morning period had finished did he let me leave, and even then it was because several of the other employees were demanding that I go home.

Lol was your bosses name Hitler?

Wtf.

My second bakery job had a funny character called Dopey. Dopey was actually the manager of the shop, he was an ok guy, had a couple of little kids and was a bit rough around the edges but generally a good character. Dopey's problem was he was a gambling addict and between our shop and the estate where he lived, there was a pub with pokies.

Every Friday morning you could tell by his attitude if Dopey had blown his whole pay the night before. Money started going missing from the safe, only 3 people had access to the safe and they were the owners of the bakery and Dopey himself. The owners then installed cameras, but they weren't sneaky or hidden and they made sure everyone knew the cameras were there and where they were pointing.

Dopey thought he could get away with pinching money from the safe by hiding behind a SEE THROUGH WIRE RACK!

Lol was your bosses name Hitler?

Wtf.
Practically. He was Austrian too. He also paid us all the absoloute bare minimum wage ($5.90 an hour) and enforced overtime without penalties. I've got a weekly pay slip where I worked 65 hours and cleared $290 odd. This was in around 2003/2004 too.

He almost exclusively hired teenagers full well knowing we wouldn't know our rights or entitlements.

Practically. He was Austrian too. He also paid us all the absoloute bare minimum wage ($5.90 an hour) and enforced overtime without penalties. I've got a weekly pay slip where I worked 65 hours and cleared $290 odd. This was in around 2003/2004 too.

He almost exclusively hired teenagers full well knowing we wouldn't know our rights or entitlements.

I was actually going to ask if he was American lol. I have met Americans on my travels they basically say "we work until we die"

We really do have it pretty good here.

He sounds like a right campaigner tho.

I was actually going to ask if he was American lol. I have met Americans on my travels they basically say "we work until we die"

Yeah he is, he was making an absoloute killing at the time too. He drove a brand new Audi and had a nice house in Donvale with a pool, I think he was only around 28 at the time too, his dad had bought the business for him.

Occasionally I check in on him on social media and as far as I know he has sold the business and he split up with his wife, but seems to travel non-stop so maybe an early retirement for him. Prick.

Got sucked into working a shitty Cobra Group job for 3-4 months when I was 18. The boss of the operation always had to swing via the chemist in the morning for a few minutes before we went out on site which I thought was a bit odd. One day he gave me a call while I was driving back in his car to ask me specifically not to go through his glovebox. Naturally I went through his glovebox only to discover he's on methadone after kicking a heroin habit.

Americans are proud of their 'work ethic'. Little do they know they're brainwashed into s**t pay and thinking a week paid holidays a year is good

I had a conversation with a few like this when i was there in 2017, felt sorry for them obviously but they arrogantly called me lazy. Bigger fool them, absolute campaigners (goes for many in the 'land of the free'). 'Greatest country on earth' LOL

When I was overseas I met a few, generally those that work for bigger companies get things like annual and sick leave as 'perks' of their employment. The standard for most states is no annual leave or sick leave at all! F that
Most ignorant people on the planet. Let them think they have it great, if they learn they don't they'll want to come here. We'd need a big wall to keep them out...

Americans are proud of their 'work ethic'. Little do they know they're brainwashed into s**t pay and thinking a week paid holidays a year is good

I had a conversation with a few like this when i was there in 2017, felt sorry for them obviously but they arrogantly called me lazy. Bigger fool them, absolute campaigners (goes for many in the 'land of the free'). 'Greatest country on earth' LOL
It's that inexplicable doctrine of American exceptionalism still so heartfelt by many yet one look at their country and the grifter that they elected would suggest them to be severely misguided.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back