Describe the worst ******* person you ever had to work with

woota

Club Legend
Jun 27, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
This one guy was in his 60s. Had strange behavioral problems, including unexplainable outbursts/abuse towards coworkers. The most disagreeable *er I have ever met. Severe road rage. In some respects was the stereotype of the "male chauvinist pig" despite having a wife and 3 kids. Not ONE person in the workplace liked him. Seemed to have no understanding/insight into what everyone else thought of him. Was finally pulled into line by management after endless complaints about him, given an official warning and forced to take leave. Left the job soon after that as he was nearing pension eligibility and health problems started to get the better of him.

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
Or they could come to work and not spread their germs?

Why go to work when sick?

You’re less productive and you can spread germs even if you try not to.

There’s also risk you can get worse. Health is more important than work.

If people who don’t go to work sick are the worst you’ve ever worked with, then you must have been lucky enough not to have worked with any dickheads ;)

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Why go to work when sick?

You’re less productive and you can spread germs even if you try not to.

There’s also risk you can get worse. Health is more important than work.

If people who don’t go to work sick are the worst you’ve ever worked with, then you must have been lucky enough not to have worked with any dickheads ;)
The dickheads are also the ones who call in sick every other week

Perth gal

Premiership Player
Oct 19, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Anyhoo.

I worked on a ward with a lady in her early forties. I’ve known 15 year olds with more maturity. She was a nurse. Not a shift went by without her having a drama with a person, sometimes multiple people. She would tell all the people on the ward about it. She had endless dramas with friends, boyfriends and flat mates outside of work and of course we had to hear all about that too. She bullied the patients and even people higher up then her. She had a hr file that was thick. Nothing was done. One day we had an altercation and I thought to myself what am I doing in this toxic environment and left two weeks later. Two YEARS later a written complaint about her by a doctor forced them to finally sack her. Hands down the biggest psycho I’ve ever worked with. However I’m so much happier at my new place of employment so win win for me.

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
The most annoying person at work atm is a female colleague who laughs at everything. She'll say something then laugh like she's just cracked the funniest joke ever. "It's a nice morning isn't it? Hahahahaaha". Nice enough woman but it does my head in.

I'm going thru my whole work history here- Hoyts, The Body Shop, Sports retail, Gym, and school no1, school no2- scanning for massive campaigners and/or bitches... i honestly have nothing to add to this thread. Sure some slightly annoying types or people who you're not best mates with... but nothing really horrible. Guess i can be thankful about that.

The most annoying person at work atm is a female colleague who laughs at everything. She'll say something then laugh like she's just cracked the funniest joke ever. "It's a nice morning isn't it? Hahahahaaha". Nice enough woman but it does my head in.

Hahahaha that would be annoying.

One woman at my work i started a tally "boring and pointless stories told by carol" BAPSTBC. Cause she was that boring. We never spoke about anything i was interested in tho nooooo never asked me about Geelong. Was just boring s**t about her grand children, etc. :rolleyes:

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
2 people here

1. a 21 year old girl who behaves like a 75 year old woman. Nothing wrong with that in isolation but she tries to be mother hen to people older than her. It's sad & bizarre. On top of this she talks about EVERYTHING. Bath mat colour, BF did the groceries by himself. Something thought, is something said. It's beyond small talk, she's just an annoying air head. Hard to explain as this does not do her justice

2. Older lady than 1, worked on and off with her for a decade. Drama every week. The grand kids (at 40 years old mind you. They don't waste time breeding some people) are s**t, her kids are s**t, this months BF, bills. Nothing is off limits, will loudly discuss everything at work to anyone who will listen. Then after hours of chit chat sees someone on the internet makes snide comments like "glad to see you're busy". Get f*cked you campaigner

In general though and this is common. People who complain about money but buy coffees and lunch everyday then park in the city for $15 a day. Idiots
People who complain about their diet not working but get a cab 1k away for a meeting rather than walk.

Office work really is the pits of humanity at times

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
There's a hierarchy.

1 people who are likeable and useful
2 people who are useful but not likeable
3 people who are likeable and not useful
4 people who are not useful or likeable

1 is the clear winner. 2 and 3 vary. 4s can fu** right off.

Further to this, used to work with an absolute *stick of a 4. Wasn't likeable outside of work, wasn't even personable at work, thought he was king dick not only in his own field but everyone else - and regularly needed others to correct him and clean up after his * ups. One of those people that years later you hear is still there and you wonder what incriminating photos he has stashed away...

woota

Club Legend
Jun 27, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Further to this, used to work with an absolute fu**stick of a 4. Wasn't likeable outside of work, wasn't even personable at work, thought he was king dick not only in his own field but everyone else - and regularly needed others to correct him and clean up after his fu** ups. One of those people that years later you hear is still there and you wonder what incriminating photos he has stashed away...

You should have f*cking rekt him.

Used to work with a woman who was just a professional work dodger. Never nominates herself to take stuff on, is always "too busy" when being directed to take stuff on and actively seeks out any other teams morning tea's so she can join, eat and not work.

Does legitimately nothing all day, but if she ever does anything she will let everyone know about it by ensuring the whole team is CC'd in on any finalisation emails.

Also used to manage a team in a call centre years ago, we were one of maybe 10 or 12 teams in the floor and used to have this guy come to me asking questions all the time although he was from a neighbouring team doing the same work. Figured out after a while he wouldn't go to his own team leader as she was a woman. Once saw him ask a male colleague a question, get a (correct) answer from female to which he just put his hand out like he was 'shooshing' her to wait for the male colleague to respond. Just an absoloute pig of a person. Pretty sure he still works there.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Used to work with a woman who was just a professional work dodger. Never nominates herself to take stuff on, is always "too busy" when being directed to take stuff on and actively seeks out any other teams morning tea's so she can join, eat and not work.

Does legitimately nothing all day, but if she ever does anything she will let everyone know about it by ensuring the whole team is CC'd in on any finalisation emails.
Try working in government - there are 5+ women like this on every single floor...

Some men of course but it's certainly more of a female trait in my experience. Probably 10:1 ratio

Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
The worst ones are the ones who have a major gripe, or issue, and do nothing about it.
Apart from bitch about it online.

Haha jokes.

I'm sick of people who would make my life easier by not doing their job, rather than not trying at all... and letting me do their job for them.

Jan 31, 2010
Busan
AFL Club
Adelaide
One of my colleagues cries at least a few times a week over nothing. I've seen her cry after getting off the phone to a client because they were rude, she's cried because our boss pulled her aside in regards to an audit. Fair enough it can be a stressful job. But she cries at everything. I heard her sniffling a few weeks ago and I asked her what was up and she said she was worried about her sister who got stung by a cactus and now it looks like the wound is infected. She's also cried when we ran out of sugar in the tea room and when she lost her work phone (it was down the side of her car) The worst thing is I share an office with her now and I'm slowly becoming her counsellor for the stupidest s**t imaginable.

Back