Describe the worst ******* person you ever had to work with

Remove this Banner Ad

Americans are proud of their 'work ethic'. Little do they know they're brainwashed into s**t pay and thinking a week paid holidays a year is good

I had a conversation with a few like this when i was there in 2017, felt sorry for them obviously but they arrogantly called me lazy. Bigger fool them, absolute campaigners (goes for many in the 'land of the free'). 'Greatest country on earth' LOL

Nah the ones ive spoken to certainly know their s**t deal.

But yeah look at shows like Undercover Boss US- the boss gives them a paid one weeks vacation to Disney and they lose their s**t over it! They should be getting that anyway!!! This is workers been there ******* 40 years. Joke.

Was working for accomodation at a hostel in Amsterdam for a little while. There was this English girl that I worked with, same age as me (around 22) but she had the maturity level of a 5 year old.

Proudly claimed that she had left the UK because she was running away from some money she owed to her coke dealers
Was genuinely the messiest person I've ever seen, it would take her 10 minutes after we'd cleaned the staff room for her to have it looking like a bomb had gone off
Constantly lost her room card, and in her first week she left the staff room door open to go to have a shower (because she'd lost her card). Had all of her money stolen (don't know why she had it all in cash) alongside some other staff members stuff.
It wasn't difficult to get a new card made up either (literally just asking reception) but she would ask everyone else to borrow theirs. After a while I just wouldn't give it to her and she would take out a new key card under my name which would cancel my own card.
I have a sneaky feeling that she also nicked my GoPro as she had no money, no job outside the working for accomodation, and was constantly bumming people for weed/darts etc.

Americans attitude to work is 'a job is a job so be thankful you have one'

Even with their low minimum wage they certainly don't complain as much as Australians do about what they earn.

Even with their low minimum wage they certainly don't complain as much as Australians do about what they earn.
because of their lack of unfair dismissal laws and lack off safety nets, its suck it up or sit on the street with a cardboard sign and beg for money

because of their lack of unfair dismissal laws and lack off safety nets, its suck it up or sit on the street with a cardboard sign and beg for money

IIRC they dont even have a proper ambulance membership type set up we have here.

It costs them thousands to call an ambulance (as it does here if you are not a member and fair enough)- and hence you get really ill ppl not calling ambulances when they srsly need them.

The country really is fked in a lot of way. A lot.

I will say this tho.

My workmate got fired earlier this year for taking too much time off work. Surely that comes under unfair dismissal?
She had/has srs depression and always had medical certificates and obviously would not get paid when she didnt come in.

Can the principal do that?

I will say this tho.

My workmate got fired earlier this year for taking too much time off work. Surely that comes under unfair dismissal?
She had/has srs depression and always had medical certificates and obviously would not get paid when she didnt come in.

she should contact the union ,even if she isnt a member they may be able to help

I will say this tho.

it depends on how long she was sick for

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's easier to get a job there. low paying jobs anyway, I got a job as an Auto Parts Driver in San Diego, just rang them up after I saw an ad in the paper, went down there and had a quick interview. All they wanted to know was that I had a US drivers license and could legally work there (I had a US drivers license and a fake Green Card so I was good to go), they didn't care about seeing my resume and I got handed the job on the spot.

Got told to turn up the next day for a day's training with another driver, then the next day after that I got my own vehicle, was one of the easiest jobs I've ever had. I did one delivery run every hour, sometimes you had 5 or 6 auto parts to deliver and you'd be fairly busy but most of the time you had 1 or 2 parts to deliver and you could just cruise around listening to tunes. I only got about 10 bucks an hour but it was stress free, met some great people too.

I will say this tho.

Was she casual or taking unpaid leave? If casual than yes sadly. If contract did it not get renewed or shoved out early? If permanent no. Could sue.

When i started working at hoyts I still remember the advice from my first supervisor who trained me. "If you've got nothing to do- grab a sponge and look busy" in case the managers ever came downstairs.

So grab a sponge- first piece of advice never forgot it.

If you've got time to lean you've got time to clean. Heard the same thing at my first job.

Very master/slave relationship we still have. Very British.

IMO in any business you have to act in good faith and trust people to do their jobs to the best of their ability and take pride in their work. Not police every milli second.

I've mostly been self-employed, but even so I had to work with various companies, so I had to deal with their employees. I was subject to bad behaviour by one person in particular, who was probably psychotic, would become enraged when I told her how to do her job, even though that was my job . . . There were a lot of nasty people I've met in that kind of environment, but she was probably the worst of them.

I've worked with some shockers. One was a young woman who was so spoiled that she made the Veruca Salt character from 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' seem like a girl who had a few minor problems with being self-centered at times. Another was a slacker who spent his days looking as though a dark cloud hung over him. He was the sort of person who wanted bad things to happen to him so he could feel bad for himself.

While not the worst, one of the most irritating was a receptionist at a company I worked for many years ago. She was a total blonde bimbo who usually wore mini-skirts, showy blouses and was pretty hot, but I'm sure that's not why she got the job. Anyway, it was an open plan office and my female colleague and I sat near the front, and the receptionist would vanish off to the toilet a number of times each day, taking about 10-20 minutes per visit, sometimes more. During this time, my colleague and I would have to answer her phone and serve customers while our own work and calls mounted up, and when Little Miss Miniskirt finally got her backside off the toilet and back to her desk not a word of thanks, which was very frustrating. Maybe a change of diet or even a colonoscopy might have been a good idea for this young lady?

I used to work in an IT call centre type gig with a few rare cats coming and going, but two stood out.

One of them, some of the people would listen to music while they were working or whatever, but he brought in little speakers rather than listening to headphones. And no joke he listened to two Adele songs 'Rolling in the deep' and another from that era, exclusively. On repeat. I'm not sure if he was in some financial trouble or something, but he'd constantly be taking calls from what I gathered was a financial institution and go off to a room, then you'd hear his voice getting raised, once he was full on screaming.

There was another middle aged bloke who just seemed like a textbook 'bodies in the attic' type, one of those people who just had no idea on professional etiquette and you can't imagine what they do away from work. I remember he received a call once from someone with an issue and he put them on hold while he wandered to the other side of the office to ask someone about the problem they were having. By the time he got back, they'd hung up, so he said "Bitch!" loudly enough. One of those incidents where you're not offended but just "Dude, you can't do that..." but you end up not saying anything because he might dismember you and stick you in a freezer. He'd always take personal calls too, but they'd go something like "Yeah, I'm at <<company we were working for>> now. Yeah, I don't like it that much, it's pretty s**t..." this is just at his desk by the way. Again slightly amusing how unacceptable that was and someone should have pulled him up, but don't want to go in the freezer.

At the moment I really like the people I work with generally, but heard a story this week that pissed me off. We moved to a new office earlier this year and we're expanding, so we're taking up a lot more floors now and got two concierge staff (I'm on the same floor as the front desk). I didn't know what to expect when I saw two guys in their late 20s/early 30s (at a guess) starting, but they were really nice blokes, helpful, good at what they did, professional. One in particular was always asking about my family, telling me about his kids etc. He seemed pretty happy, so I was surprised to hear he was leaving pretty abruptly.

Now I'm not sure if this was the reason, but I overheard two people talking near me the other day about how this guy in another team who'd recently started had essentially been bullying him from day dot. Coming down to our floor and telling him to get off his arse, "When are you going to get a real job?" that sort of thing. It wasn't like he was any high flyer, I'm fairly certain they were the same grade. I think they've sacked him (well deserved).

After hearing that, the pieces started to fall in place. I actually felt really angry about it: this poor guy who's good at what he does, who makes my life and a lot of others' much easier and the office a more pleasant place ends up leaving because of some hero decides to start picking on him for no reason. I'm not one for public confrontations at work, but if I had seen that happen, I would have torn strips off that prick.

I will say this tho.

Possible its a retrenchment.

A friend of mine had been off work pretty much 2 years to look after his sick son. His job had been kept open but eventually they retrenched him because they needed to restructure around what he used to do.

I work on the water truck during summer, and in the summer of 2016/17, I had the most abusive, condescending, rude, manipulative bully in the truck with me.

This person would constantly boss me around, saying things like "Use your brain!" and always demanded that I do things how he wanted them done. He was very argumentative and would love to start arguments and fights with me just for the sake of it. He has a massive superiority complex and would look to boost his ego by treating me like s**t.

One of the worst things he did to me was demand I walk into a shop and convince this girl to come home and have sex with me that night, and when that of course didn't work, he went into another dimension of scum. He just gave me the silent treatment all day and when he saw that I was struggling to perform a task, he came to help, then stopped and walked away. Then he came storming back screaming "I'LL ASK AGAIN, DO YOU WANT HELP!? and when I told him that I didn't hear him, he kept going on and on.

No matter what the circumstance, this person can never be the one in the wrong. Once he took his eyes off the road and went up the ass of the car in front, then tried to blame it on the car in front, saying "I don't understand why you would pull out then stop" then he would take photos of the broken glass on the road to try and prove how far he pulled out before he hit him. Another time he made an illegal right turn and there were cops there waiting for him...and he still didn't understand what he'd done wrong or why he got fined, saying things like "Why's the sign there?" Gee I don't know maybe to tell people that it's illegal to turn right there between 7-9am!

One time I was trying to get back in the truck and he started moving, so I pulled out, then he stopped, then when I went to get in again he started speeding off. He could have seriously injured me doing that and yet he still played dumb and of course, didn't think he'd done anything wrong. Another time we were in a park and two kids were playing footy and he drove right up to them and screamed "GET THE FCUK OFF HIM" at the top of his lungs. I stared at him in horror and disbelief and he tried to downplay it by saying that he thought one kid was beating up the other, but even Blind Freddy would have known they were just playing footy. This person makes out that he's anti-bullying but he's completely oblivious to the fact that he's a massive bully himself.

Thinking back, I'm disappointing in myself for how weak I was and how I allowed him to get away with blue murder. I really wish I spoke up and talked to someone but I wasn't brave enough. A couple of years on I started telling more co-workers about how awful he was, and that made me feel a lot better. After opening up, I learnt that he's a massively unpopular person and a lot of people can't stand him. If I had my time again I would have told the boss and threatned to ask for someone else to drive the truck. He's had a girlfriend for 5 years now and I'm worried about her! There's a 90% chance she's stuck in an abusive relationship.

Luckily for me he's somebody else's burden nowadays, but one day he'll get his comeuppance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back