Describe the worst ******* person you ever had to work with

Remove this Banner Ad

I used to think not taking sick days was a good thing, but you honestly get nothing for it.

Sometimes you just need a day. I have a relationship with my manager now where if I am that run down and I need a day I will tell her the day before that I won't be in.

I used to think not taking sick days was a good thing, but you honestly get nothing for it.

Sometimes you just need a day. I have a relationship with my manager now where if I am that run down and I need a day I will tell her the day before that I won't be in.

I have taken a sickie and taken the kids to a water park when barely anyone else is there - was great day, no lines and water slides all day long!!

Sick days are most split between heroes who will come into the office with coronavirus because their TPS reports no one reads need new covers and people who think they are entitled to 10 a year and * everyone else.

Somewhere in the middle there are still a few of us who are relatively fit and healthy and might take 2-3 a year if that. Everyone gets sick, that's what they're for. If you've not used your 10 a year for a couple of years and have 27 accumulated and watch to bail one day and watch the NBA Finals because * it why not, well the world won't end. If you've barely worked a job for 5 minutes and "need" a day to "refresh and focus on you" then you are just soft.

I work with that person right now. I've had some doozies over the 36 years I've been working but they pale next to this one.

I work with this person for 7 days straight, 12 hour days, once every 5 weeks, so 9 to 10 times a year. I'm seriously considering changing my whole annual leave routine and taking a weeks leave when I'm rostered to work with her and reduce my exposure to only 4 or 5 weeks per year.

Unless suffering a sports injury, I rarely had sick days. I'm now taking them to have a mental break from her, maybe 3 or 4 times a year. I have 500+ hrs to burn through.

She reckons she'll retire by 60 so I've got 2 1/2 more years to endure.

I work with that person right now. I've had some doozies over the 36 years I've been working but they pale next to this one.

I work with this person for 7 days straight, 12 hour days, once every 5 weeks, so 9 to 10 times a year. I'm seriously considering changing my whole annual leave routine and taking a weeks leave when I'm rostered to work with her and reduce my exposure to only 4 or 5 weeks per year.

Unless suffering a sports injury, I rarely had sick days. I'm now taking them to have a mental break from her, maybe 3 or 4 times a year. I have 500+ hrs to burn through.

She reckons she'll retire by 60 so I've got 2 1/2 more years to endure.
What’s wrong with her?

No. They lectured me about how eating right is most of the battle... 6 months on she's lost no weight whatsoever so I should definitely listen to her expert diet advice

"I've had almost no calories, been so good" yet books a taxi to a meeting 3 blocks away. "why aren't I losing weight?"

The mind boggles love. Keep eating celery and pretending exercise is witchcraft

This surprises me, but then I don't know their lifestyle habits. For most people, eating better should have the most impact. But 'eat less, move more' has never stopped being valid. People love to make a small change in one area then pat themselves on the back and if they don't lose weight use it to justify other behaviours.

People really are just like dogs if you break it down simply. You give a dog food and exercise. Give it too much food it will get fat and have health problems. Give it the wrong food it will have health problems. Don't give it enough exercise it will get fat and have health/behavioural problems. The same applies to humans. I'm fat, I'm tired, I've got 'mental health'... well you ate 12,000 kJ of mostly refined carbs, haven't been outside all day and have done no exercise - what did you expect?

This surprises me, but then I don't know their lifestyle habits. For most people, eating better should have the most impact. But 'eat less, move more' has never stopped being valid. People love to make a small change in one area then pat themselves on the back and if they don't lose weight use it to justify other behaviours.

People really are just like dogs if you break it down simply. You give a dog food and exercise. Give it too much food it will get fat and have health problems. Give it the wrong food it will have health problems. Don't give it enough exercise it will get fat and have health/behavioural problems. The same applies to humans. I'm fat, I'm tired, I've got 'mental health'... well you ate 12,000 kJ of mostly refined carbs, haven't been outside all day and have done no exercise - what did you expect?
Scotland, mate, is everyone one of your posts an essay? Aint no one reading this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s wrong with her?

Either dropped on head at birth or brutalised by some bastard when she was younger (married), I'm going for the latter.

She's the best worker I've ever worked with but it comes at a huge price. She's a massive man hater and every single conversation with her is a deadset battle. It's exhausting.

A the tiniest perceived slight, she's off, she will shake, stamp feet, shake fists and wail like a 5 year old complete with crocodile tears that would shame both of my teenage daughters.

I've spoken with management and they said they're aware of her behaviour but I'll just have to suck it up. There are 4 of us working this position, only ever 2 at the same time, there are 3 males and a female. Both the other males and this woman have been working together for 6 to 8 years, both the other blokes have had written and verbal warnings, the woman has had verbal warnings.

In the current climate of inclusion and diversity, she isn't going anywhere, the other 3 of us have our heads on the block.

I'm seriously contemplating the annual leave option to limit my exposure to her, it's a serious threat to my livelihood.

I should have added, she will throw little hand grenades all day long and if you go to bite back, she will throw her arms in the air and say that's not what she meant or that she was only having fun. She's a campaigner.

In the current climate of inclusion and diversity, she isn't going anywhere, the other 3 of us have our heads on the block.
I love this at work. My workplace advertises "we are committed to 50% men and women. Women strongly encouraged to apply" and things like that. Also, have a 'women in management program'. One issue

Our 15000 headcount workforce is 74% female!!! I'd love 50/50, hell even merit-based interviews, but no. We must tick HR boxes and do PR exercises. It's shameful and the opposite of 'equality'

The same thing happens racially but at least we aren't 74% minority yet keeping up that charade. Still a sham people aren't hired on merit however

Currently dealing with these guys through work, this is their email sig.

Allianz - Employer of Choice for Women (EOWA) 2009 - 2013

Either dropped on head at birth or brutalised by some bastard when she was younger (married), I'm going for the latter.

She's the best worker I've ever worked with but it comes at a huge price. She's a massive man hater and every single conversation with her is a deadset battle. It's exhausting.

A the tiniest perceived slight, she's off, she will shake, stamp feet, shake fists and wail like a 5 year old complete with crocodile tears that would shame both of my teenage daughters.

I've spoken with management and they said they're aware of her behaviour but I'll just have to suck it up. There are 4 of us working this position, only ever 2 at the same time, there are 3 males and a female. Both the other males and this woman have been working together for 6 to 8 years, both the other blokes have had written and verbal warnings, the woman has had verbal warnings.

I'm seriously contemplating the annual leave option to limit my exposure to her, it's a serious threat to my livelihood.

I should have added, she will throw little hand grenades all day long and if you go to bite back, she will throw her arms in the air and say that's not what she meant or that she was only having fun. She's a campaigner.
Sounds terrible.

I love this at work. My workplace advertises "we are committed to 50% men and women. Women strongly encouraged to apply" and things like that. Also, have a 'women in management program'. One issue

Our 15000 headcount workforce is 74% female!!! I'd love 50/50, hell even merit-based interviews, but no. We must tick HR boxes and do PR exercises. It's shameful and the opposite of 'equality'

The same thing happens racially but at least we aren't 74% minority yet keeping up that charade. Still a sham people aren't hired on merit however

The new I&D division at work is absolutely being dominated by women, it can be added to HR now which is also dominated by women.

The new I&D division at work is absolutely being dominated by women, it can be added to HR now which is also dominated by women.
For a workplace here that 'prides itself on diversity' the latest project team of 8 has 7 middle aged white women and 1 young white girl. Crazy amounts of diversity!

Let's be honest 'diverse' in 2020 means 'female' when it comes to work

Sounds terrible.

In the end, the job itself isn't too bad, I'm just going to have to stick it our for another 2 1/2 years until she retires. Otherwise, I'm on a pretty good wicket plus I've got an agreement in place for the next 4 years with regards to pay rises, which will be substantial. I know money isn't everything, and certainly in the past I have just walked away from jobs / careers I haven't liked and started again from scratch, but I'm in my early 50s now with a family to support so it's not as easy to do that anymore.

For a workplace here that 'prides itself on diversity' the latest project team of 8 has 7 middle aged white women and 1 young white girl. Crazy amounts of diversity!

Let's be honest 'diverse' in 2020 means 'female' when it comes to work

Yep, it's the time for my daughters now, not mine, mine has come and gone, I've just got to hang on until they're both up and running independently.

Stupid mentality.

What has your three sick days since 2015 got you?

I bet their attitude changes as they get older.

Anyone can not take a sick day for 5 years in their 20's.

I was the same and don't think I got any benefit from it.

Yep, it's the time for my daughters now, not mine, mine has come and gone, I've just got to hang on until they're both up and running independently.
Unfortunately for a bloke in their 20's with higher education than his female counterparts earning less, it's a grim world...

Sh1ts me no end the 'gender wage gap' gets so much airtime. It's illegal to pay someone less for the same job and they're going so far the other way it's a severe disadvantage to have a knob (no matter how small haha)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back