Desert Island AFL season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Would never happen. Far too many princesses in the league who couldnt possibly live without every creature comfort they are used to

I reckon where possible, older players in a family or relationship have the right to support their family intough times.

perhaps younger members of teams could make up such a competition over say a three month period. But it should be a free choice.

it wouldn’t be unprecedented, in wartime the availability of players was severely restricted. 1916-1918

Oh Dude, I haven't forgotten. It's seared into my mind for all time. Martin Landau is a superb actor - an Oscar winner in fact - but boy he must have been struggling to pay the rent!

not the quicksand again. You’d have thought after months on the island he’d know where it was

Last edited:

So the NRL are looking at isolating their players somewhere and trying to play out the season. The players are apparently keen.

Would the AFL look at something similar?

it is a huge undertaking. NRL has much smaller numbers.

I think the problem is still it only takes one person involved to get the virus and the whole thing gets shut down again. With 18 clubs, players, officials, media you are looking at a minimum 1000 people.

It is the same problem with any kind of June start, as we have seen with the Adelaide Airport cluster of cases it is so easy for it to spread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back